Uline Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Strict dress code, women must wear skirts M-Th all year round" (in 67 reviews)

• "silly little things that the big boss doesn't personally like, micro management, super corporate culture" (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sr. Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)

I have been working at Uline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Good salaries, employee benefit programs, bonus package.

Great Management team with good vision, friendly & talented resources.

Most important - Growing company !!!

Cons

Getting into Uline is difficult as Uline hires best of the best.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and take care of employees as you current do.

2. "Strong growth options and future"

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement and overall good culture.

Cons

Not a lot of vacation time.

"Warehouse Associate"

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

Pay and bonuses were good benefits overtime.

Cons

Managers some lack experience some are just lazy and expect that just because they're managers you have to do what they say even though they're sorry.

Advice to Management

Learn how to lead and manage.

4. "Associate Telecom Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Telecom Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Telecom Analyst in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)

I have been working at Uline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a collaborative environment where meetings are productive. A culture of respect where management is knowledgeable and well informed. A company that truly values its employees and customers.

Cons

Currently no work from home positions are available.

Advice to Management

I don't have any. It's a well run company where employees are fairly compensated, have great benefits, and opportunities for growth.

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Uline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are impressive. Everyone I interacted with through the interview process and since I've joined the team have been very high caliber. The working conditions are great. Uline has high expectations of its employees while providing the support and stability needed to set you up for success. The food is also amazing. More than anything, the way that Uline treats the customer is unlike anything I have seen. It is a great place to work!

Cons

Some people point to the dress code as a con. While I understand this, as a manager at my former company that didn't have as clear of a policy, the ambiguity created more challenges and frustrations when people would test the limits. At least this provides clear expectations and they are up front about that in the interview process.

"run screaming!!"

Current Employee - Packer in Braselton, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Packer in Braselton, GA (US)

I have been working at Uline full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros . Absolutely none .Zero !!!

Cons

1) managers = clowns 2) too many interviews .

Advice to Management

The leads management at U-LINE are a complete bunch of clowns.You are not trusted at all. You are treated as a 7 years old child. The managers permanently stand around watching you and talk everything possible not related to work (like football and everything else they watched one night before) when they could be helping the employees. Whenever you mess up one little thing you have 5-6 different managers/supervisors/leads/ coming to you and telling you about. Really ??? Oh, wow.
    Majority of the managers have no management skill. They ignore you when you ask for help and later come back to slam you for not doing your job well enough. I felt insulted all the time and not only me.
    Listen : do yourself a big favor and DO NOT work here.U-LINE Distribution Center in Braselton, GA has to be one of the worst places a person could work and it's more difficult to get hired than it is to get into Harvard. I highly recommend you to STAY AWAY!! Don't bother. You will not change U-Line. This company it’s a horrible place to work for and it’s a bad parody.
    Thank God I quit . I got my life back.

Uline Response

4 Jan 2019

We do our best to treat all of our employees just like family, so we’re disappointed you’ve had a negative experience working at Uline. As a rapidly growing company we certainly have high standards... More

7. "Great Benefits"

I worked at Uline full-time

Pros

Outstanding benefits and profit-sharing bonus

Cons

Very closely monitored and strict regulations

8. "customer service"

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

decent pay, great bonus, some nice people

Cons

this company is micro managed to the maximum.

Advice to Management

be honest and fair to your employees, praise as much as you critique employees morale is low because workers don't feel important

9. "Customer service representative"

I worked at Uline full-time

Pros

Bonuses, location, and CS week.

Cons

Very strict and Managers gossip

"Horrible Owner and Culture"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Pleasant Pr, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Pleasant Pr, WI (US)

I worked at Uline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good Bonus
    - Worked with some cool people and made some good friends.
    - Cared about my career development and helped me build a good resume.

Cons

- Owner shoves Conservatism down your throat.
       Example: At year end celebration presentation, joked that they would start selling bean bags so millennials who are upset about the election can feel comfortable like their mommy's are hugging them. Joked they would sell toilet paper with Obama's face on it.
    - Owner leads by fear. Not friendly, cannot talk to, and is not approachable.
    - Constant drug testing all the time.
    - I have never worked somewhere with more corporate politics. It feels like a high school with cliques, gossip, drama, and emotion led decisions instead of logic.
    - Owner bashed her own analysts work in their catalog "Message from the Owner Section" that went to every customer? Why? Again, why?
    - Strict dress code to point where if a female employee wears a pant suit, the tags of the top and bottom have to match. Also have to wear certain shoes and pantyhose certain months of the year. Men - shirt and tie always except Friday's.
    - Can not have more than 3 personal items on desk even if said item was given to you by the company which makes absolutely no sense. I have seen them tell an employee to take down a picture of their family because the frame was too big.
    - Managers/Directors/VP's don't have to do anything and are not given responsibility because Liz makes all the decisions.
    - The company operates as if its 1980.
    - Owner hates millennials and Liberals.
    - Heard rumors that she has asked people who they voted for in elections in interviews.
    - Warehouse and CS positions are paid above market, everything else is paid below market unless you are an external hire Manager or higher.
    - Forced to clock in and out even if on salary. This is terrible because you would have to hit your hours regardless if you had work to do so this would cause you to sit and stare at the clock for the last hour or two every day doing absolutely nothing.
    - Analysts have sent memos to Liz before and received them back graded from her. People have received literally an "F-" before for no reason. She is not an expert on what all these analysts do every day.
    - 0 recycling. They use an absurd amount of paper and do 0 recycling. Owner thinks trees are being planted faster than they are being cut down.
    - Wanted the company to cutback on Volunteer work yet she donates her money to anti-LGBTQ funds movements.
    - I could go on and on and on....

Advice to Management

- Have someone other than Liz run the company.
    - Empower people sometimes and stop micromanaging.
    - Try and remove all the drama and gossip that Liz loves to push into the culture.
    - Get with the times, its not 1980 anymore.
    - Don't bring politics into the culture.
    - At least pay market value.
    - When Liz stops running the company, please change the culture.