Ultimate Software Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Jan 2020

4.5
Ultimate Software CEO Adam Rogers
Adam Rogers
  1. "Ultimate feels like home"

Current Employee - Manager, Talent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The sense of empowerment and "doing the right thing." We have amazing company perks and benefits, and leaders are expected to always put their people first and make sure they're taken care of.

Cons

As with all technology companies, there is constant change, which can be difficult for some. It's just a part of innovation and growth.

Ultimate Software2019-11-16

"Horrible team leaders and cheap"

Current Employee - IT Support in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Every team but the IT team is nice to work with - Good benefits - Attempts to be progressive - Teams are young and friendly

Cons

- "Temporary employees" are voided from benefits and viewed as "3-6 month temps" but constant renewal of contract to avoid paying extra for benefits - Terrible IT Team with poor management - Deserving promotion for employees do not get promoted and demotivated to try because management is half across the country - Lies about "performance" based for promotions but more of "who is liked more" - Was interviewed for a promotion, had to deal with 3 interviews whilst a more inexperienced employee had 1 non-technical interview and got promoted (Unfair and unjust treatment) - Entire team thrown under the bus when company went private thus kicking everybody out

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and their feedback. Don't make decisions without their consent. I have heard way too many people on my team complain and get no promotions when they deserve it. There are MANY people on the team that DO NOT DESERVE the position that they are in. KEEP TRACK of the employees and their efforts INSTEAD OF JUST viewing tickets and history. INTERACT with your employees.

Ultimate Software2019-12-20

"Lots of Room for Improvement"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love that my benefits are paid for, my 401K match is good, my coworkers are great, and I love that I'm given the ability to work primarily from home. Ultimate has become my family so even though our work load was insane this year, I don't plan on going anywhere.

Cons

It seems like the company is growing too quickly and as a result, a lot of the people working in customer-facing roles are INCREDIBLY overworked (some working 10-15 extra hours a week just to keep afloat) and we're not being transparent with our customers about it. Account managers have too many accounts (though management is working on reducing our work load) and Core Specialists have way too many cases and responsibilities to be successful. Additionally, now that the company has gone private, the culture seems to be changing so that isn't going unnoticed by us UltiPeeps.

Advice to Management

Work on the CAST module so that we're not overloading the individuals that are trying to be successful. It is unreasonable to expect our representatives to own 9-16 new cases a day with 30 cases in their queue, including proactive calls, and be available on the phone all day. They are used to this at Year-End but this year, the volume never stopped and it's taking a toll on productivity, customer satisfaction, and most importantly morale. Customers are noticing which is why they increase the Business Priority on brand new cases and enter every case as a severity of 1 (highest priority). Let's focus on helping our front-line representatives feel like they can breathe and have a reasonable number of cases they can handle before focusing on that $2 Billion goal. If you can't do anything to reduce the workload, INCREASE THEIR PAY. We can do better.

Ultimate Software2019-11-12

"Total Smokscreen"

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, offices, and that's about it.

Cons

Neopotism abound...CEO sleeps with CPO...if you're not "in the click" no matter what department, you won't last. Its their way or the highway. Can't offer any new ideas without getting reprimanded. Few at the top make boat loads of money but others below average pay and horrible raise if any. People doing same job can make salaries that vary between $10-25K no matter length of service. Bonuses are based on if they like you or not. You are "forced" to write good Glassdoor reviews so they land high on Forbes list--you are blacklisted if you do not respond favorably. If employees knew how rampant the favoritism is regarding promotions and wages they would be "running" out of there.

Advice to Management

Now that they are a private company, get rid of leadership. CEO is just a figurehead. CPO runs the company and she is the worst!

Ultimate Software2019-12-06
  5. "Great place to work, but with growing pains."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Relaxed attitude in most departments. As long as you get your work done, how many hours you work does not matter. C-Level folks are all great people and treat employees well. Growing company with lots of opportunities to find your best-fit job or manager.

Cons

Large company, still operating with a small company mindset. This makes it hard to be consistent across and at times within departments. Lots of re-orgs to accommodate aggressive growth. Your reporting structure is likely to change every 6 months.

Advice to Management

While my manager is not guilty of this, I see a lot of mid-management "managing up" rather than taking care of their people. The company feels very people first in many ways, excet for this one way.

Ultimate Software2019-11-03

"Great benefits, but extremely hypocritical"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ultimate provides great benefits... they pay 100% of all insurance. Unlimited time off Contribute to a number of charitable causes

Cons

Ultimate is non-stop pushing their people first mantra. I worked there for years and need to provide clarity based on all the comments on here related to "people first". At Ultimate, it's not ALL people first - it's the people that have worked at Ultimate the longest, particularly in sales roles first. I was a top performing sales rep and saw it all first hand. It's amazing how many incidents have been covered up over the years - inappropriate manager/direct report relationships, internal sexual harassment complaints against account executives... behavior that in most companies would result in someone getting let go, but at Ultimate - if you're in sales and a high-performer, leadership has often turned and looked the other way, or perhaps given a small slap on the wrist. This is probably in-part a result of Scott the CEO and Viv the Chief Culture Officer - they've been sleeping together for years. I don't know if this is exactly publicized but it's certainly not kept under wraps internally.

Advice to Management

Live up to the motto of People First by putting all employees first. Need more inspirational leadership and direction from the top.

Ultimate Software2019-11-07
  7. "The really do put PEOPLE FIRST"

Current Employee - Desktop Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you everything that you need to succeed and be the best that you can be

Cons

The expect you give blood , sweat and tears for the company at all times!

Ultimate Software2019-11-02

"Great company"

Current Employee - Core Specialist

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

benefits package, culture unlimited PTO

Cons

Some managers do not abide by the "unlimited pto" rule

Ultimate Software2019-11-13

""People First" ??"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning environment, 'almost' everyone is helpful when you ask questions.

Cons

Overall pace was a bit slower, people have unlimited PTO so they can take vacation whenever they want (of course, to an extend). This could slow the process of development. For someone who's eager to learn and work at a fast paced environment, "People First" might not be what you are looking for. A lot of intermediate and senior developers left the company because they think the learning curve is not as steep as before. Sprint goal changes so frequently and make the developers in the team question the purpose of the team and the product.

Ultimate Software2019-11-10

"Face Value"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and amenities

Cons

Not all are treated equally

Advice to Management

Its sad that Scott and Adam are nice guys, but let certain people control their HR policies.

Ultimate Software2019-10-25