Ultimate Software Employee Reviews about "people first"

Updated 21 May 2020

4.4
Ultimate Software CEO Aron Ain
Aron Ain
Cons

Reviews about "people first"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Team Lead -- Recently Promoted"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

US is the most amazing company to work for. They are people first for sure -- covering 100% family paid benefits among MANY of the most awesome perks. I am blessed to always work with the most amazing leaders who support me no matter what and fellow teammates are always willing to jump in wherever needed.

Cons

I don't have any down sides to working at US.

July 1, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for providing us with your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture!

2. "Lead Account Manager II"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager II in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People first, and People inspired! Work-life balance is great and we truly have a family culture!

Cons

None that I can think of that would not make me love my job. I would say a con would be going through the growing pains with a company that is growing so quickly. But, growth for a company is a good thing!

3. "Ultimate ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Service Excellence in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ultimate Software is dedicated to success for our customers and employees. The People First culture is a breath of fresh air as compared to prior companies I worked with in the past.

Cons

Fast growth and need for scaling quickly that has impacted the experience for some

Continue reading
  4. "A company that treats you like family!"

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It truly is a People First company. You have the opportunity to work with insanely smart people, who are open to teaching you, helping you and collaborate with you. I've been lucky to have the support from my manager that has mentored me and has pushed me to become a better professional.

Cons

We are in the middle of a merger so there is a little uncertainty as to how the team, org, benefits, opportunities to grow will be impacted.

Continue reading
  5. "Contents Match the Tin: People First"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

"People First" is real here. Peeps care about each other, care about the customers, and care about our product. I have always been encouraged to put my health and my family first. Managers are willing to step up and make that happen even if it makes their jobs harder. It's an interesting space: people are endlessly complex and we are still in the early days of what advances in software can do in HCM

Cons

Grappling with the problems of success: the rapid growth in scale of our org and the breadth of the product. Can't rely on informal networks and intuition as much anymore. The realities of being a 30 year old company in an industry that changes fast. Transitioning from a "feature shop" to a more modern software org model. Transitioning from UltiPro the monolith to shared services and platforms. Its happening but we are not a startup. Compared to many other HCM companies, Ultimate is ahead. However, many of us that come from other tech companies know we have ground to cover to be a peer of the leading SAAS businesses out there.

June 1, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to continually improve. Please email us at feedback@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional insights. Thank you!

"Not the company I thought I was joining"

2.0
    Current Employee - Product

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Benefits are great, medical is covered and there is a very supportive 401k. Work / life balance is positive and family life is very much supported.

Cons

I went between putting one start or two, landed on two because of the Benefits and the work/life balance. I proactively sought out to work for Ultimate as I had heard great things and when asking everybody during the interview process if what was published was true, they all confirmed it. That has not been my experience. - If you haven't worked for US for a long time, you don't fit in and the "old timers" don't want you to fit in. The company is attempting to do a reorganization right now and it is the most unorganized process. If you are on the "outside/not been with the company for a while" you don't know if you will have a job, where that job is, and have absolutely no input what you want to do. With the merger with Kronos in process, it is very clear there is no involvement from org specialists to assist (the HR organization has been ripped apart) with the org changes and to ensure communications are crisp and clear. There are no communications, you are finding out the org changes by updates made to the organizational tool in US. For a people first company, this experience has been the furthest from people first and has been awful to experience. - The technology is old, not connected, and not global. When trying raise, you get a lot of push back. - Collaboration is very hard as people that have been around for a while are very defensive and don't want to change (not open to hearing any suggestions) - The way of working is antiquated

April 29, 2020Social Media Business Analyst

We're happy you are enjoying our benefits and work/life balance! People are our top priority and our goal is to continually improve. We would love to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com to connect with us. Thank you for your feedback!

7. "Procurement and Logistics Services"

Current Employee - Managed in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life Balance...People first work environment. Great Benefits

Cons

Driving Distance to and from school.

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Weston, FL

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really believe in the People First mentality here. You are always heard and your opinions matter and can help shape the department and even the products.

Cons

Some departments are tough with bad actors.

9. "Best company ever!"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There should be more companies around like this! They truly are a People First culture!

Cons

There are no cons here.

Continue reading
  10. "I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for almost 5 years"

Current Employee - Desktop Engineer Lll in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Great Work-Life Balance and rewarding, It is in great in almost every way: people first environment, culture, and benefits are some of the best I’ve ever seen, 45% match on 100% of your 401k. Incredible work life balance.

Cons

Becoming more corporate, but that’s to be expected as a company grows.

Found 192 reviews