Ultimate Software "people first" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ultimate Software Employee Reviews about "people first"

Updated 16 Dec 2019

4.4
Ultimate Software CEO Adam Rogers
Adam Rogers
Cons

Reviews about "people first"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Extraordinary Company"

Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

People first environment. Outstanding Benefits. Incredible work life balance.

Cons

New tech adoption is not a well established process.

Ultimate Software2019-12-16
  2. "Everything they say it is"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

True people first culture where as a rep you are trusted and given all the support you could ever want to do your job. Benefits are second to none

Cons

No cons yet that I’ve seen. Truly the beat hcm sales job out there

Ultimate Software2019-12-07

"Equal for women....not quite"

Current Employee - Analyst
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health insurance, 401k, flexible schedule.

Cons

I am tasked with the same work and have more education and experience than the men on my team, yet I have a lesser title. I think this is to not set off their pay quality metric reports. I have inquired why and I am left with silence. I have asked for a reason or recommendations on steps I can personally take to address this ...no answers . Also, since the company went private again the atmosphere is much worse. Leadership is changing, bonuses are no more, stock is monopoly money, focus is on metrics and NOT people first anymore. Leadership is not leading.....they are reacting ....and poorly. It's sad because I was happy here......but it's going downhill and fast.

Advice to Management

Run your women in tech pay equality metrics on teams to discover women that are possibly doing the same work in a team but paid less because of the title.

Ultimate Software2019-12-11
  4. "Ultimate feels like home"

Current Employee - Manager, Talent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The sense of empowerment and "doing the right thing." We have amazing company perks and benefits, and leaders are expected to always put their people first and make sure they're taken care of.

Cons

As with all technology companies, there is constant change, which can be difficult for some. It's just a part of innovation and growth.

Ultimate Software2019-11-16

"Great benefits, but extremely hypocritical"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ultimate provides great benefits... they pay 100% of all insurance. Unlimited time off Contribute to a number of charitable causes

Cons

Ultimate is non-stop pushing their people first mantra. I worked there for years and need to provide clarity based on all the comments on here related to "people first". At Ultimate, it's not ALL people first - it's the people that have worked at Ultimate the longest, particularly in sales roles first. I was a top performing sales rep and saw it all first hand. It's amazing how many incidents have been covered up over the years - inappropriate manager/direct report relationships, internal sexual harassment complaints against account executives... behavior that in most companies would result in someone getting let go, but at Ultimate - if you're in sales and a high-performer, leadership has often turned and looked the other way, or perhaps given a small slap on the wrist. This is probably in-part a result of Scott the CEO and Viv the Chief Culture Officer - they've been sleeping together for years. I don't know if this is exactly publicized but it's certainly not kept under wraps internally.

Advice to Management

Live up to the motto of People First by putting all employees first. Need more inspirational leadership and direction from the top.

Ultimate Software2019-11-07

""People First" ??"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning environment, 'almost' everyone is helpful when you ask questions.

Cons

Overall pace was a bit slower, people have unlimited PTO so they can take vacation whenever they want (of course, to an extend). This could slow the process of development. For someone who's eager to learn and work at a fast paced environment, "People First" might not be what you are looking for. A lot of intermediate and senior developers left the company because they think the learning curve is not as steep as before. Sprint goal changes so frequently and make the developers in the team question the purpose of the team and the product.

Ultimate Software2019-11-10

"Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great "people first" culture, they really mean it. Every employee is treated like they belong, and there's constant effort to make our workplace better. Great benefits and great people.

Cons

Sometimes teams feel siloed, would prefer a workspace where more voices and consensus can be heard.

Advice to Management

Try to avoid renaming our upcoming solution so many times. The name ultimately doesn't matter in the end, but the nomenclature from a technical standpoint can be burdensome when you still use libraries from the last naming iteration in the current one while moving to the new one.

Ultimate Software2019-10-15
  8. "Amazing Experience so far!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership walks the walk and demonstrates "People First" by the way they treat the peeps! Free benefits for your family! 401K match blows all others out of the water, stock, unlimited PTO (that you can actually take) and more team building and professional development than ever! Great to be rewarded for hard work! Excellent Benefits

Cons

honestly can't think of any worth mentioning. We work hard and play hard together. but your peeps have your back

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do for US! The communication from top down is important to keep peeps engaged and trust the leadership decisions being made. Please don't stop investing in your peeps - that builds and maintains our STRONG culture!

Ultimate Software2019-11-01
  9. "The best place ever"

Current Employee - Event Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Human being is so valued at Ultimate Software . " People" first" is not just 2 words, it's more a solid culture where anyone and everyone is respected and has her/his right place and value.

Cons

Nothing really to say

Advice to Management

keep up the amazing work and culture

Ultimate Software2019-10-17
  10. "Hands down just a wonderful internship experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer(Internship) in Weston, FL

I worked at Ultimate Software for less than a year

Pros

-Positive work culture that encourages growth, both within your current team and your own personal trajectory. (I thought the whole People First mantra I kept hearing was just a cheesy corporate slogan but they really do follow through with that idea in every step of the process) -Great communication / feedback, from the hiring process, to onboarding/training, and all through the internship they make sure to touch base with you at regular intervals and see how you're doing (personally as well as technically) -Frequent team outings, as well as department-wide or company-wide events. -Above average compensation in the area, even for internship positions

Cons

- Very difficult to transition from intern to employee without Bachelor's degree, even with great performance reviews (Not really criticizing the position/team/company itself, rather sharing my own personal frustration)

Advice to Management

If possible, provide incoming interns with more context as to the work the team they're going to be placed in is engaging in. I think it'll help smooth out the bumpy landing of the first few weeks where we're completely lost in the new environment.

Ultimate Software2019-09-20