Unispace Reviews

Found 126 of over 134 reviews

4.0
Unispace CEO Steven Quick
Steven Quick
Pros
  • "Fast paced, challenging and engaging environment where going above and beyond is awarded(in 9 reviews)

• "Great people, good atmosphere, excellent team(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "fast paced, no others i can see(in 13 reviews)

• "Growing pains that would be expected of a rapidly growing company(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Incredible

Sep 15, 2021 - Graphics and Pursuits Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office space and location is the most incredible environment to work in, so beautiful with a view over tower bridge, the Shard and the Thames! The people are amazing, everybody is so friendly and welcoming, my first few months have been the dream. We can work between home and the office but with the office and people as great as they are who would want to stay at home!

Cons

So far, nothing to complain about!

Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we’re glad to hear you’ve had such a great experience working here. “Great people” is something we hear come up in our Employee Engagement survey each year. Great people thrive in great team environments – those that are humble and collaborative, and with an inspiring leadership team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Collaborative, exciting opportunities, fantastic thought and operational leadership.

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and agile, exciting opportunity to work with some fantastic talent, global opportunities, on a journey to develop and nurture employees - investing in its people. The business has a clear and open vision which has been set by the senior Leadership team. Unispace on a journey and constantly moves to needs of the market - this makes it exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to work for a business that's established but feels like a start up. The culture is not for everyone, its fast paced, agile and pivots constantly but what it does offer is an opportunity to own your career and leave the mundane behind. Having worked for Unispace for coming up to 2 years I can honestly say that I have been enthused day in day out by the fantastic talent, strong collaboration globally and the ability to manage and drive change. We are not perfect but its an exciting place to be where we are implementing and nurturing a culture of empowerment, entrepreneurship and creativity. We are not a finished article but we are as a team empowered to help and drive the business forward - looking at being a market/industry lead in DE&I, Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Talent Investment (Career Pathways, Learning & Development, Coaching and Wellbeing).

Cons

No cons - more advice. The business is not for everyone and we recognize that. We embrace change, agility and a overall sense of ownership. We are different but offer an opportunity which is unparalleled.

Unispace Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions about working at Unispace. Every year in our Employee Engagement Survey our people give hundreds of reasons for joining, and staying, at Unispace – but something that comes up time and time again is our rapid growth and great opportunities – just as you’ve pointed out. Our success is built on loyalty to one another, continually striving to do better and working with our peers to achieve greater success.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Company to work for !!

May 18, 2020 - Business Development in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Agile and exciting company to be part of. Awesome Management (particularly the original Founders in the 3 Regions)

Cons

There are honestly no cons.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Global Director, People and Culture

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Glassdoor. We are very happy to hear that things are working for you. People are at the heart of everything we do and we do try very hard to ensure we create collaborative, challenging and rewarding career options. Thank-you also for your feedback "tips" around appreciation. Simple to do and to be honest, something leaders can never do enough of.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Vibrant Culture

Apr 24, 2020 - Finance Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is an exciting environment to work in, as there are constant changes. So never a dull moment. The team culture that has been instilled is quite unique. The communication from Top management is excellent and very much appreciated. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly since joining Unispace. I enjoy the celebrations that take place when a big contract is won or when there is a marked celebration in the calendar.

Cons

As it is very fast paced it took some adjusting into this environment, it takes some organising. I now feel I have got the handle of it, with the support of my team.

Global Director, People and Culture

Thank-you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really happy that you appear to have settled in and found your rhythm at Unispace. We think that our Culture and people are our enduring strength and I am very pleased to hear that your team has been instrumental in helping you settle in and be successful. We do try hard to live our Values (Fresh, Energetic, Courageous, Humble & Loyal). When combined, they do shape a fast paced and agile work environment. This has benefited our customers and for the most part, our people. We do move quickly as you have no doubt discovered, but it is this responsiveness that is key to our growth and success to date. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dynamic company with purpose

Apr 23, 2020 - Principal in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is real opportunity here for those with ambition and drive. Huge opportunity for travel and to benefit from exposure to international cultures, initiatives and thought leadership. A company that offers encouragement of an entrepreneurial spirit. A professional and flexible approach to time management where appropriate.

Cons

You need to have a strong voice to be heard and a confidant approach to your craft. A professional resilience helps. While not a con as such, it is a busy, growing and fast paced place and I would say faces all the normal challenges of a business of this type and at this stage.

Global Director, People and Culture

Thank-you for giving us such detailed feedback. It is always good to get positive feedback and confirmation that our efforts are having an impact. Unispace is quite a unique business. It is highly entrepreneurial, agile, responsive and focused on outputs, not the clock. As you point out, for people who have ambition and drive, there are many opportunities to grow and to become involved in fast-paced and collaborative projects. We are truly international and as you have discovered, encourages people to be their best, to have a voice and get involved. We don't always get it right, but hope that our collaboration enables us to respond, adjust, learn and improve so that we all continue to grow together. Thanks again for your feedback.

6. 5.0

Unispace EMEA

Apr 22, 2020 - Principal Business Development in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership, Colleagues, Job Progression, Travel, Culture, Cool Office

Cons

fast paced, no others i can see

Global Director, People and Culture

Thanks for your feedback, brief and to the point which is good. I could not agree more with your assessment of our strengths of Leadership, colleagues growth opportunities, travel, Culture (our most important asset) and yes, we cant forget the "cool office". It is pleasing to get feedback that confirms that the efforts we have been putting into getting our business right are working. Thank you.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unique Company !!!!

Apr 16, 2020 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company. I have never found a company which such an inspiring leadership and with an amazing entrepreunerial spirit.

Cons

no downsides !!! Great company !

Global Director, People and Culture

Thank-you for providing us with feedback on your experience working for us at Unispace. I am so glad that our Leadership team inspires you and encourages such an entrepreneurial spirit. These are very important to us and quite deliberate. We believe that our Values of Fresh, Energetic, Courageous, Humble and Loyal are key to ensuring our most important asset (our people) are encouraged, inspired and challenged to be their very best.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Everyone’s stressed, demoralised and walking on eggshells

Apr 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A few bright and brilliant individuals but not much else

Cons

No work life balance at this company and no appreciation for stressful long hours and weekends worked. Constant expectations that you’ll be available for global calls between 6:00-22:00. The upper management functions extremely last minute constantly changing course on initiatives leading to a feeling of getting nowhere. Overall toxic environment with huge egos, disrespect, outright lies from the top and bickering between employees. The church group that runs the company allows for incompetent members to be untouchable within the company no matter how poorly they perform their job and treat their coworkers.

3 people found this review helpful

Global Director, People and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback about your time with Unispace. I can see from your post that you are no longer with us and that you worked from our London Studio. I am sorry that things did not work out for you, as we are disappointed whenever we lose a team member. I would welcome connecting with you to talk through some of your concerns. pcglobal@unispace.com One point I would like to clarify though is that Unispace is not owned, or run by a Church group. Unispace is privately owned and whilst recognising that the founders met through their church 12 years ago, the business has nothing to do with the church. The current Leadership team in EMEA have been hired because of their expertise and on merit after exhaustive search processes. Each one of them has significant depth and expertise in their fields. On the matter of some people being "untouchable" etc, perhaps we can discuss? In principle, we try to work with people to recover any under performance, believing that it is important to support and coach people who find themselves struggling from time to time. What neither of us can know is what was happening behind the scenes in relation to specific individuals or their performance?

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unsuitable for women or employees with different religious views

Apr 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Please see below for comments.

Cons

This organisation is unsuitable for women to work or employees with secular views. A predominant hierarchical structure based on a religious community management make the workplace unsuitable for those who don't share common beliefs. This community has senior leadership members ruling with a patriarchal dominance structure that translates to treating employees poorly, which creates low morale and disengagement among the staff as well as a toxic environment. In order to achieve profits, employees are encouraged to lie and undertake deceitful activities as common practice, especially in sales teams. Normal comments among staff include : Being thrown under the bus, intense nepotism and odd practices in order to increase revenues. As a recommendation, looking for other organisations within the same industry is advised for anyone looking for an employer who believe in a secular, employee centric approach. Please look at past comments for other references about Unispace.

Continue reading
      7 people found this review helpful

Global Director, People and Culture

Thank-you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings with us. I can see by your comments that you have been frustrated and have not had a positive experience with us. We take these concerns very seriuously. We believe that our People and our Culture are critical to our success and we do go to significant efforts to ensure that "we are a diverse and respectful workplace where every employee feels Safe, Valued, Included, Challenged and Rewarded". We are happy to accept criticism where due, as like any firm we are not perfect and do get things wrong from time to time. I would welcome an opportunity to connect with you and unpack some of your experiences. We are keen to understand where things went wrong and put into place any required actions to learn from this experience. Of particular concern to me are your comments about "lying and deceitful practices", which in our view are completely unethical, unlawful and unacceptable. I would welcome a conversation with you to unpack these comments further. You can contact me at pcglobal@unispace.com However, whilst I accept that these are your views, I do feel compelled to challenge some of your assumptions and allegations of underlying discrimination. In our recent engagement survey, I am pleased to say that we had an engagement score of 81% from our female employees in the UK, which whilst marginally lower than the overall score of 84%, shows no significant difference when looking at gender. We conduct quarterly employee engagement surveys with our teams and take seriously the feedback, acting to address areas of concern for our people. I am sorry that your time with us was not a positive one and I do wish you every success in your future endeavors. Perhaps we can connect and discuss at some stage?

10. 5.0

Great Company

Jan 15, 2020 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Unispace for over 2 years, brilliant company to work for with endless opportunities to progress and develop your career. Great leadership and vision from senior management.

Cons

None i can think of, i enjoy working for this company!

Global People & Culture

While our core business is focused on the strategy, design and delivery of workplaces, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re pleased you’re taking full advantage of our dynamic, innovative workplace.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Reviews