Unit4 Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 43 of over 553 reviews

3.9
Unit4 CEO Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling
Pros
  • "Great work life balance policy in place(in 40 reviews)

• "They are committed to ensuring there "people" are looked after with flexible working and unlimited holiday being 2 great benefits(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Yet Sales along with senior management were openly celebrating in the office without consideration for the other departments(in 9 reviews)

• "the management team is not good enough to take care the needs of the employee(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

In Business for People

Jan 11, 2021 - Marketing Campaign Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- unlimited time off/holidays - company values - understanding the importance of work life balance and encouraging flexible working - training opportunities - opportunities to develop and build your career path - new and fresh team

Cons

- whilst a lot of the team are new, the people who have been with the company longer are quite set in stone in how they operate and not always open to change.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

Nov 25, 2020 - Experienced Senior Procurement Specialist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Unit4 coming upto 3 months, the company genuinely cares about employees wellbeing/work life balance, even more so due to lockdown and I cannot fault the help and support provided to me by the Procurement and Global IT teams. The company is fast paced, dynamic and has a very flat structure where all the Exec are approachable and down to earth. Unit4's culture, vision and strategy was made clear during my induction and to the point the induction process was smooth and easily understood despite it being done remotely.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons to date.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Nov 2, 2020 - Account Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is fast paced and dynamic, whilst being very supportive towards employees, ensuring they have a work/life balance - flexible working hours, unlimited annual leave, good benefits, 'people first' company culture

Cons

Micro-management, teams working in silos (not everyone helpful), changes focus a lot, too many mandatory meetings.

4. 3.0

Not bad overall

Jan 5, 2021 - Business Development in Basingstoke, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/ life balance and perks, great colleagues, nice offices

Cons

Limited career progression, very unorganised/ lack of communication, too many managers

Unit4 Response

Unit4

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As the company continues to grow, especially in light of the recent acquisition, we see opportunities for our employees to progress their careers at Unit4. We believe that our people know best where they want to grow professionally; as such, our philosophy is to work with you on progressing your career. Regarding your comment on poor communication, the leadership team and functional leaders do try to keep employees informed and involved with decisions that impact them, but we know sometimes it isn't enough. Please don't hesitate to reach out to HR, f you feel your voice is not being heard. If you're comfortable, we'd like to better understand your experiences, so we can make improvements. Our door is open.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and grow

Sep 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People listen to your opinion, regardless of status/job title. Work/life balance is great. People are welcoming and friendly. It's an exciting time to be here!

Cons

Sometimes there can be duplication of effort where departments/regions aren't fully aligned.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dynamic company with lot of Growth opportunities

Oct 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Team culture & Work life balance

Cons

Collaboration between teams should improve

7. 1.0

Marketing hype

Oct 27, 2020 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is the norm

Cons

Work life balance is not actually followed CEO issues compulsory meeting invites to those on leave Double standards in HR in terms of what is expected Products are oversold and hard to deliver Blame culture Cronyism abounds from the top down

11 people found this review helpful

Unit4 Response

Recruiter UKI

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The behaviors you describe are definitely not in line with our values. We want to make sure that you, and all of Unit4's employees, know that our People Success (HR) organization is focused on supporting every employee , and helping maintain a culture of collaboration and partnership. We would welcome an opportunity to meet with you to better understand your experiences and concerns so we can take appropriate action to improve. Please reach out to Lisa Dodman, our Chief People Success Officer.

8. 4.0

Flexible, people-centric organisation

May 26, 2020 - Senior Solution Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are valued, work-life balance is good, leadership team are accessible and good communicators.

Cons

Work from home culture is great, but it does mean that you don't "bump into" people - can get silo'd. Also, lots of online applications to "help" remote working can feel a bit disjointed .

9. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Feb 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have recently started with Unit4 , the new values that have been launched are fresh, creative and resonate well with me. The company is fast paced and dynamic, whilst being very supportive towards employees, ensuring they have a work/life balance. I highly respect the Global Leadership Team and I fully believe they will take the company to the next level. A great place to work.

Cons

None I can think of.

10. 5.0

Freedom, autonomy & trusted environment

Dec 20, 2019 - Human Resources - TES in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trusted to carry out your role without micro management Great work life balance with a flexible working environment, whether that's working from home or flexing up core hours Fast paced business with lots of positive change happening Good company size ready to scale meaning you get recognised, can make an impact With growth happening there will be opportunity to progress internally around the organisation globally

Cons

Change brings a lot of hard work and challenges so if you're not keen on this, Unit4 won't be best for you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews