United Airlines Reviews
74% would recommend to a friend
(5848 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and change to meet a lot of people from all over the place." (in 803 reviews)
- "Flight benefits are great when it’s not the busy season and you can actually get a seat." (in 532 reviews)
- "people are great and fun to be around." (in 294 reviews)
- "The travel benefits are great Ability to transfer across departments can enhance skill set Very dedicated to DEI" (in 279 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and awesome to be part of United Family." (in 105 reviews)
- "The management is poor and I’ve observed some people take advantage of their supervisor positions." (in 271 reviews)
- "Low pay and you get hired for one job but don't get to do it for over three months" (in 221 reviews)
- "Long hours and the Union didn't give good support when you really needed it." (in 89 reviews)
- "Upper management is also unwilling to appropriately compensate the engineering structure as a whole." (in 69 reviews)
- "The beginning salary for flight attendants is low (but better than at UK airlines) it increases to a good salary after 5 years of work." (in 60 reviews)
Found 5,848 of over 6K reviews
Updated 2 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.025 Oct 2023Line TechnicianFormer Employee
I liked that United invested a lot of time in their network to streamline My Boeing Fleet, the Aircraft Manuals, Tool/parts ordering, etc. It was all accessible through the tech's iPad. This made completing logs and updating existing work very easy. Overall; I would would for United again. They are a solid company and do well to remain competitive in the aviation industry.
Sometimes the company can prioritize profit over cultural growth and customer service.
- 1.030 Jul 2023Level 6Current Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Flight benefit when you manage to get on
UK Management please have someone review from HR, Finance to General Management at the Airport. How can HR support when the HR Manager has no idea what is happening within departments let alone their own department? We can't keep up. Inexperienced Management with lack of management experience
- 3.023 Feb 2023InstructorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Travel perks, benefits and potential bonus schemes are very positive
Zero work / life balance, lack of Managerial structure and each Manager believes they are the most important. Zero confidentiality between Management Piers with a lot of character deformation going on behind the scenes which was expectant of such a large Company. If not based in the US expected to work excess out of hours without reward or recognition.
- 3.010 Aug 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Diverse range of aircraft and work
Lack of progression opportunities and a bit of an old boys club with regards to management
- 5.024 Feb 2022Cabin CrewCurrent Employee
It's great to see the world. Easy job once you learn the process.
Long working hours and can be very tiring, as expected from a cabin crew job.
United Airlines Reviews FAQs
United Airlines has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 6,442 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at United Airlines to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
74% of United Airlines employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated United Airlines 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.