UnitedHealth Group Reviews
71% would recommend to a friend
(13911 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
What people are saying about UnitedHealth Group
22 days ago
Hi all. I’m looking for roles as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or Program Manager. Could someone please provide me a referral for companies in the energy or healthcare sector, such as NextEra or UnitedHealth? Thanks! Nextera Energy UnitedHealth Group
Consulting Exit Opportunities
5 months ago
Any HR M&A or benefits folks looking for a new opportunity? We’re looking for a HR M&A Manager and a Sr. M&A Analyst. We’re part of Optum & UnitedHealth. 100% US remote, no relocation required! Fast growing, great culture and lots of growth opportunity. Analyst Role: https://careers.sca.health/jobs/28991?lang=en-us HR Manager Role: https://careers.sca.health/asc-leadership/jobs/28990?lang=en-us
Got a burning question about UnitedHealth Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with UnitedHealth Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible work from home access and hires from within" (in 942 reviews)
- "good benefits and not much else" (in 863 reviews)
- "The pay was good and co" (in 759 reviews)
- "Work life balance is good and you do receive alot of leeway" (in 744 reviews)
- "There's are a few great people but there just stuck and don't wanna move." (in 540 reviews)
- "Management is poor and ineffective." (in 707 reviews)
- "At least the good managers I've worked for believed that and it seemed to work for them... until they were run out." (in 314 reviews)
- "Little and poor training." (in 267 reviews)
- "We have literally begged Senior Leadership for more help to reduce caseloads and improve compliance." (in 215 reviews)
- "Upper management is poor with a lot of VPs burning budgets and acting as dead weight." (in 212 reviews)
Found 13,911 of over 16K reviews
Updated 2 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.017 Jul 2022ConsultantCurrent Employee
Space for growth All training provided Lovely team Perfect for healthcare consulting
So far, none! All I would say is maybe more annual leave
- 5.030 Jan 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
The team made for a great working experience. Had a real sense of life-work balance
Very little room for movement up the ladder, you are pretty much stuck at the same level.
UnitedHealth Group Reviews FAQs
UnitedHealth Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 16,383 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at UnitedHealth Group to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
71% of UnitedHealth Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated UnitedHealth Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.