University of Cambridge Post Doctoral Research Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Post Doctoral Research Associate Reviews

Post Doctoral Research Associate

4.7
University of Cambridge Vice Chancellor Sir Leszek Borysiewicz
Sir Leszek Borysiewicz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Perfect Place to work"

Current Contractor - Post Doctoral Research Associate in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at University of Cambridge as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nourishing Environment, Working with great minds, lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

salary of postdoc is bit low considering expensive nature of Cambridge

2. "Exciting place to work but lots to improve"

Former Employee - Post Doctoral Research Associate in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at University of Cambridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's one of the best universities in the world
    Some of the best and more brilliant researchers are found here
    You'll get easier access to funding
    Most departments are walking distance which promotes collaboration intra-university

Cons

Many of the departments are old buildings where heating / cooling is constantly broken or inefficient
    Lots of teaching put upon senior researchers
    Little or no structural funding
    Under staffed for most admin/catering/cleaning roles

Advice to Management

Better investment in providing the conditions for brilliant researchers to do their work

3. "Incredible place, beautiful colleges, world-class facility"

I worked at University of Cambridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some of the smartest people I've ever met here, and there input was invaluable

Cons

I met some of the smartest people I've ever met here, and the competition is incredible