University of Leicester Graduate Teaching Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Leicester Chancellor Lord Grocott
Lord Grocott
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible working hours - I am often able to fit a 7 hour day between the hours of 7am and 9pm which is good for when I have other commitments (in 8 reviews)

• As a student ambassador - Good pay, nice colleagues and bosses, surprisingly fun job (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management team is exceptionally poor (in 4 reviews)

• Lack of job stability - hard to get job made permanent due to nature of work (in 2 reviews)

1. "Inspiring"

Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Leicester, England

I have been working at University of Leicester full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leicester provides a flexible balanced workload, anice friendly atmostphere and great research opportunities. There are increasing interdisciplinary projects both within the university and with other universities in the UK and abroad. Leicester has a good environmental standard showing others the way forward. I have been working here for 3 years now while completing my PhD but before that I was a student for 4 years. It is a great university and they cannot get rid of me!

Cons

There needs to be more opportunities for career progression of junoir staff members (such as myself) and a more rigourous mentoring system. It is easy, especially for graduate teaching assistants, to get lost and forgotten about.

Advice to Management

Career advice for junior staff who may consider becoming a lecturer should be provided as well as a better avenue to progress in your career without quitting and re applying.

2. "Graduate Teaching Assistant"

Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Malden, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Malden, MA (US)

I worked at University of Leicester (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting-edge research and Student focus. you would love it there.

Cons

No regrets to work or study at Leicester