Found 345 of over 416 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about University of Leicester? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with University of Leicester employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "awful management." (in 7 reviews)
- "Very poor HR, senior management are overly political, too many incompetent managers that make life miserable for subordinates" (in 6 reviews)
- "For the number of students that I taught, I do not think the salary was enough,maybe the university is only hood for part tome jobs no offence" (in 6 reviews)
- "No career progression past grade 5. Anyone who is anygood leaves." (in 6 reviews)
- "Not many opportunities available for career development in the university." (in 3 reviews)
- 4.025 Nov 2023Graduation AssistantFormer EmployeeLeicester, England
Was paying a good rate for students back then, above the minimum wage Uni always needed help during uni events, so it was possible to have work fairly regularly Often working with other students so it was nice to have colleagues
Long hours sometimes where you had to be on your feet the whole day...and were encouraged to not wear "trainers"
- 5.023 Nov 2023Project Support AdministratorCurrent EmployeeLeicester, England
UoL is a great place to work, my manager is super supportive with everything, including career development. The university has a lot of opportunities for progression and has lots of work benefits.
there are none ! ! !
- 2.011 Nov 2023Graduate Student ResearcherFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsLeicester, England
Excellent research Passionate researchers High quality teaching
Low workplace morale Constant threat of redundancy Ill-advised allocation of funds
- 4.05 Nov 2023Senior Research FellowFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLeicester, England
Lots of opportunities to network, good mentorship and opportunities to progress
Can be isolating and often fixed term contracts
- 4.04 Nov 2023Teaching AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLeicester, England
You receive good pay (above average)
Just one Teaching Assistant job isn't sufficient to pay the bills because you get very few hours of work each week.
University of Leicester Reviews FAQs
University of Leicester has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 416 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at University of Leicester to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
78% of University of Leicester employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated University of Leicester 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.