University of Leicester Employee Reviews about "people"
79% would recommend to a friend
(40 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
Found 40 of over 416 reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "No career progression past grade 5. Anyone who is anygood leaves." (in 7 reviews)
- "awful management." (in 7 reviews)
- "Very poor HR, senior management are overly political, too many incompetent managers that make life miserable for subordinates" (in 6 reviews)
- "For the number of students that I taught, I do not think the salary was enough,maybe the university is only hood for part tome jobs no offence" (in 6 reviews)
- "Poor management skills, managers not communicating very well" (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "people"Return to all Reviews
- 5.024 Jul 2021Research AssistantCurrent EmployeeLeicester, England
It's such a diverse city and the university reflects this diversity. The people are friendly and you really get to know everyone across your department.
Budgetary constraints, as with all UK universities! Especially when it comes to research funding.
- 4.014 Mar 2016Student AmbassadorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLeicester, England
Really great way of getting sales/people skills. Have to be able to easily approach and talk to people knowledgeably and confidently. Pay was good. Fun meeting prospective students.
Few hours, needed another job to sub it.University of Leicester Response8y
Personal development and fun - sounds like the perfect job! Thanks for your review.
- 5.019 Oct 2019PhD StudentCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Support from senior members of staff, activities for socialising with others from department.
Not many opportunities to meet other people from different departments.
- 1.022 Feb 2020Mental Health TrainerFormer EmployeeLeicester, England
Used to be a great place to work
Staff morale low constant disputes people overworked and under appreciated.
- 2.08 May 2014ResearcherCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLeicester, England
Good academics and students. Facilities good. Good gym and arts centre. Reputation of university has risen. Nice people to work with.
Senior management is very poor. They don't seem to empathise with those who have to deliver - the admin people are very stressed and this is shown by the numbers off with stress and the highthe admin people are very stressed and this is shown by the numbers off with stress and the highthe admin people are very stressed and this is shown by the numbers off with stress and the high staff turnover. HR and research finance are particularly bad. There are quite high levels of demoralisation. The university management simply seems to be driven by money. Old-fashioned values of public and community service are ignored.1
- 1.07 Jun 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Most people are friendly enough. The University has some really lovely grounds and Victoria Park is right next to the main campus.
Zero support - awful management. A culture of blame and fear and the worst politics I've ever known. Some baseless investment decision have nearly financially ruined the place.