Urban Outfitters Senior Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Richard A. Hayne
  1. "Senior Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Brighton, England

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trendy, exciting and forever moving in fashion and media

Cons

A lot of people do not understand the brand Sometimes a little pricey

Advice to Management

None

Urban Outfitters2016-04-28
  2. "Sales"

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount on items, great team to work with

Cons

Long hours, management not always best

Urban Outfitters2018-02-13
  3. "Oxford Street Store (Flagship)"

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, you can build friendship with open minded and AMAZING PEOPLE! It's a fun place to work in if you love the products. Oh and you get to work with amazing Swedes, loved the Oxford Street store!

Cons

It can get really busy and stressful especially during the holiday seasons. The pay is minimum especially for a flagship store, based on the amount of work and effort we put in. Some senior management members can be unfriendly.

Advice to Management

Appreciate all your staff, reward them, more incentives. Stop delaying progression with staff, alot of them have potential, they're just demotivated because they're not appreciated.

Urban Outfitters2016-04-08
  4. "Urban Outfitters Senior Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My store has a great and friendly team. Flexible hours if you're a student/working part-time. The employee discount is generous - 40% off all clothes and own brand shoes / 25% off sale and designer shoes.

Cons

The only negatives are the long hours - but that is normal for retail. Also the pay is only minimum wage for regular sales associates.

Advice to Management

To prevent high employee turnover maybe pay a little bit more than minimum wage - it is only good pay if you're under 21

Urban Outfitters2015-11-20

"VIBES to all working for the Saveship!"

I worked at Urban Outfitters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing 40% discount The best team of staff anyone could ever ask for V.I.B.E's is there customer service philosophy and it is a extremely good thing to remember for future interviews with other companies Fun in store parties desirable for future retail employers as it is a fast paced trendy brand

Cons

Bad management! Poor Pay A split between the senior team and lower level employees favoritism I onced got told that my priorities weren't straight because I asked for a week off for my broken leg Very low staff morale Staff theft was a big issue in my store which made all staff subjected to feeling like a criminal - This made staff theft go up even higher and they never caught anyone Constantly made to act... as security guard - poor investment in loss prevention Working long hours and sometimes being in store past midnight to get to "Standards"

Advice to Management

I felt like I was at school where the management team were the teachers and everyone else were the kids, I hid from managers (like hide and seek), would pass notes to my friends as it seemed to be I was never aloud to speak to anyone and feared a manager walking past me. Bad sanction practice was also in place and disciplinary were never consistent You are only aloud to clock in when you are on your way to... the shop floor - you are expected to clock in 20 minutes before your shift starts to ensure you arrive on the shop floor on time. It took my 2 minutes to make it to the shop floor and I wasn't paid for the first 18 minutes of my shift, however I would be sanctioned if I didn't clock in 20 minutes before the start of my shift . I was promoted once in my 2 years as a full time employee - if you are not a favorite don't even expect to get anywhere higher then Reg Aid (senior sales)

Urban Outfitters2013-10-15
  6. "An Overall Great Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic discounts (especially during "Employee Appreciation" months), a laid back work environment, and all of the coworkers you befriend

Cons

Unless it is a holiday season or the weekend, the work days can be incredibly slow. Just like all other retail jobs, customers can often mistreat sales associates. When other coworkers are absent or it is an especially busy day, you are often asked to work overtime.

Urban Outfitters2019-03-25
  7. "Bad Management vs Good Management"

Senior Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Urban Outfitters for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to express your creative style. Great starter retail job, it gives you the experience to move forward in the retail world.

Cons

Your experience at urban really depends on management. I've had both good and bad management. When there's a good management team you're able to enjoy working for the company. But if the management team is bad it's bad. They play favorites and when you're not the favorite you get the shorter end of the stick. Eventually seniority doesn't matter, and the favorites get more hours, promotions and pay raises. And you... become a favorite by brown nosing the management team. That's how you get far with a bad management team. Your hard work won't get far, the extra mile that you go for the company gets unrecognized unless you're a brown noser.

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites. Realize when you have good employees.

Urban Outfitters2016-09-03
  8. "SUPER okay"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours Meet great people Amazing discounts Opportunity to move up

Cons

"Spiteful" scheduling Annoying managers who get butthurt Drama drama drama Got let go over the phone with no reason

Urban Outfitters2014-12-02

"Flexible, chill and fun!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a full-time student and I love how flexible they are with hours. Love the discount, love my coworkers and love the vibe of the store and my managers are really chill too. Working here is a great environment to be in, but obviously there are really stressful days (when the store is really busy) but that's normal and you have to expect that.

Cons

THE PAY, I have been working here for almost 2 years and I've only gotten one raise. I know for sure it isn't my managers fault, it's the company's and its pretty shady. I know UO is a rich company so it doesn't make sense to me how (at one point) senior sales associates and team leads weren't getting paid well and now we are only getting paid minimum. Please fix this!! If I wasn't doing this job part-time, I would... definitely question this more.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback to employees! All managers are different, but it would be nice to get better feedback.

Urban Outfitters2014-11-04
  10. "It's pretty cool working at Urban"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Urban Outfitters part-time

Pros

The Discount - 40% Employee Appreciation - which happens 4 times a year and during month long intervals Cool People and Environment

Cons

Slow Movement within the company Strict Rules - but that comes with any successful company

Urban Outfitters2014-05-29