Urban Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Urban Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.0
Urban CEO Jack Tang (no image)
Jack Tang
  1. "Fab"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at Urban full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, staff and environment

Cons

Clothes should cater for larger people

Urban2019-09-02
  2. "Enjoy this job more than any I've had"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Urban full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A company that recognises talent and rewards accordingly - You get to work with some really clever people who know what they're talking about - Friendly, international culture and casual dress code, and unlimited holiday leave!

Cons

- Communication between teams could be stronger - It can feel really fast-paced

Advice to Management

People really value feeling listened, which in general I think the company does an awesome job of. Encouraging that between teams (especially between product and the rest of the company) would generate an even healthier culture.

Urban2019-07-17
  3. "Seemed great but they are clueless."

Current Employee - Osteopath in London, England

I have been working at Urban part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting great patients at a variety of locations.

Cons

No confimation of parking. No confirmation of how many floors you have to climb with equipment. Waited nearly a year to ask for my dbs and want me to pay their sister company for one. Convenient little money maker right? No consideration for therapist wellbeing at all.

Advice to Management

Do your research on osteopath registration (we legally need an enhanced dbs to be on the register) stop harassing me when it should have been requested on joining! Consider affects of carrying equipment long distances or up multiple floors. Protect patient data. Which you forgot like the dbs checks last year.

Urban2019-06-01

"Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in London, England

I have been working at Urban part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Working Hours and good pay

Cons

None to speak of, I enjoy it.

Urban2019-02-23
  5. "Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Urban full-time

Pros

Family like environment. Very friendly. Regular employment. Open to employee feedback.

Cons

No pension yet. Monthly rotors are always done last minute. Cross-departmental communication is a massive opportunity for this team.

Urban2019-03-02

"Forever changing CS"

I have been working at Urban full-time

Pros

Been making over a grand a week for the past 3 years and positive changes have been done with the app.

Cons

Forever changing CS that cannot pronounce their own name so you never know who you are speaking to...clueless teenagers that do not know how to work the app they are supposed to work for ... The app sends you to the wrong location most of the time so what you have to do is type the postcode on your own google maps and check it with the street name ....frustrating. They finally put strict rules about cancellation... policies but the rookies still call you and ask you if you are willing to give away half your money because the client is late ...

Advice to Management

Fix the glitches you are aware ...Hire older people that will not leave in 6 months

Urban2018-12-29

"Dynamic and Fast Paced Place"

I worked at Urban part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun & Young Dynamic Company

Cons

Constantly evolving and expanding company means fast changes

Advice to Management

Be mindful of how constant change can impact the wellbeing of your young staff

Urban2018-08-21

"Do not work for this company"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in London, England

I have been working at Urban full-time for less than a year

Pros

quite a few, but not lasting

Cons

They can stop letting you work with a blink of an eye: by receiving a single bad review your overall rating goes so low that, with the hundreds of people they hire every single month and enter with a full five-star rating, your chances to get a booking are likely to disappear. They do not care AT ALL if you explain that at the booking you were threatened to be given 1 star because the customer wanted to be massaged... for free. You are rapidly overrun by therapists that enter with 5 stars as the company secures the right to get onboard millions of people thus reducing everyone volume of work, chances to get a decent salary and a stable job

Advice to Management

Poor consideration of the people working with, and not FOR, UM

Urban2018-09-21

"Less work more play"

I worked at Urban full-time

Pros

Good company vision, good benefits and fairly nice office too with juices etc provided. Ping pong table too. Staff on the whole are welcoming and fun too.

Cons

Some of the middle management are a joke. The office vibe is so relaxed some people do simply nothing all day. More discounts on massages would be nice too as 10% isn't much!

Advice to Management

Be more ruthless and firm (can't just employ somebody because they're your mate) Some of the middle management are dead wood and would not get a job in any company.

Urban2018-07-19

"Just a bit of a mess"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Urban full-time

Pros

Office location, fruit delivered to office, nice office (although too small for the growing team), cost price massage, customers generally nice and therapists mostly a good bunch to interact with. Really great product and business idea.

Cons

Company doesn't practice what it preaches, no workplace massage offered for us despite that being a big part of their business selling massage to workplaces. Office is too small and as a result Customer Service shoved in a tiny room with corporate team who are some of the loudest people on the planet. There is a ping pong table but can only really be used by tech team (who have a huge room) and the 'zen room' for... relaxing is always used for meetings so cannot be used for its purpose. Customer service equipment not up to spec with the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Create a better environment for customer service and improve the on boarding experience for therapists, it's just plain awkward! Create a culture of awareness for those around you (i.e. Keep the noise down) and update tech for customer service. I also can't comment on the CEO as he never acknowledges my existence.

Urban2018-06-11