Urban Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jack Tang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in London, England

I have been working at Urban part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Working Hours and good pay

Cons

None to speak of, I enjoy it.

2. "Customer Service Rep"

I worked at Urban full-time

Pros

Family like environment. Very friendly. Regular employment. Open to employee feedback.

Cons

No pension yet. Monthly rotors are always done last minute. Cross-departmental communication is a massive opportunity for this team.

"Forever changing CS"

I have been working at Urban full-time

Pros

Been making over a grand a week for the past 3 years and positive changes have been done with the app.

Cons

Forever changing CS that cannot pronounce their own name so you never know who you are speaking to...clueless teenagers that do not know how to work the app they are supposed to work for ...
    The app sends you to the wrong location most of the time so what you have to do is type the postcode on your own google maps and check it with the street name ....frustrating.
    They finally put strict rules about cancellation policies but the rookies still call you and ask you if you are willing to give away half your money because the client is late ...

Advice to Management

Fix the glitches you are aware ...Hire older people that will not leave in 6 months

"Do not work for this company"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in London, England

I have been working at Urban full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

quite a few, but not lasting

Cons

They can stop letting you work with a blink of an eye: by receiving a single bad review your overall rating goes so low that, with the hundreds of people they hire every single month and enter with a full five-star rating, your chances to get a booking are likely to disappear. They do not care AT ALL if you explain that at the booking you were threatened to be given 1 star because the customer wanted to be massaged for free. You are rapidly overrun by therapists that enter with 5 stars as the company secures the right to get onboard millions of people thus reducing everyone volume of work, chances to get a decent salary and a stable job

Advice to Management

Poor consideration of the people working with, and not FOR, UM

5. "Dynamic and Fast Paced Place"

I worked at Urban part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun & Young Dynamic Company

Cons

Constantly evolving and expanding company means fast changes

Advice to Management

Be mindful of how constant change can impact the wellbeing of your young staff

6. "Less work more play"

I worked at Urban full-time

Pros

Good company vision, good benefits and fairly nice office too with juices etc provided. Ping pong table too. Staff on the whole are welcoming and fun too.

Cons

Some of the middle management are a joke. The office vibe is so relaxed some people do simply nothing all day. More discounts on massages would be nice too as 10% isn't much!

Advice to Management

Be more ruthless and firm (can't just employ somebody because they're your mate) Some of the middle management are dead wood and would not get a job in any company.

"Just a bit of a mess"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Urban full-time

Pros

Office location, fruit delivered to office, nice office (although too small for the growing team), cost price massage, customers generally nice and therapists mostly a good bunch to interact with. Really great product and business idea.

Cons

Company doesn't practice what it preaches, no workplace massage offered for us despite that being a big part of their business selling massage to workplaces. Office is too small and as a result Customer Service shoved in a tiny room with corporate team who are some of the loudest people on the planet. There is a ping pong table but can only really be used by tech team (who have a huge room) and the 'zen room' for relaxing is always used for meetings so cannot be used for its purpose. Customer service equipment not up to spec with the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Create a better environment for customer service and improve the on boarding experience for therapists, it's just plain awkward! Create a culture of awareness for those around you (i.e. Keep the noise down) and update tech for customer service. I also can't comment on the CEO as he never acknowledges my existence.

Urban Response

11 Jun 2018 – People and Talent Executive

Thank you for your feedback! We are always trying to make Urban Massage a better place to work for all.

We have started to increase the amount of workplace massage offered, with us endeavouring... More

"Cliché, but I actually enjoy coming to work everyday"

I have been working at Urban full-time

Pros

Work hard play hard social team, unlimited holiday, flexible working hours, in and out of office perks such as breakfasts, juices, in-office massage, Perkbox membership etc. An open and transparent environment where every function is kept in the loop with business developments.

Cons

It's a struggle to find them, but we could have a few more in-office massages!

"Challenging, fast-paced and enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Urban full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, people and company ethos. A great mix of start-up vibe with a well structured larger company.

Cons

None really, more free massages would be good :)

10. "Great progression"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Urban full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New company. Friendly staff. Good wellness ethos. Good pay.

Cons

not really got many cons