Utilitywise Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Newcastle, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Utilitywise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commission but that's only you if you can sell

Cons

Terrible parking. Traffic at 5 is awful. Management don't know the difference between their head or tail!

Advice to Management

Stop pushing your staff away and listen to them.

Utilitywise Response

18 May 2017 – Social Media Manager

We’re sorry to hear that your time at Utilitywise was not successful; as you don’t list any specific issues apart from parking, we are not able to respond in detail. Regarding the parking situation... More

"Energy consultant"

Pros

Good basic salary but that's about it!

Cons

Awful place to work

Unfriendly environment. Everyone in there never have a nice thing to say, just bad mouth everyone and spread rumours around.

Felt very I welcomed from start to finish. Was given a phone and a desk and was given no support whatsoever. The bigger performers are always favourited but no support is given to improve your skills if your struggling.

Management are never there. No coaching, no support, awful.

You can't get a parking space unless you arrive an hour early at 8.00am

Canteen is awful filthy and over priced.

I've never worked for a company where people spread constant rumours and no support offered from management.

All this company does is hire and fire.

Advice to Management

Sort the car park situation out. It's a joke.

Get your management up to scratch where support is given to new starters to get them to where they need to be with ongoing development.

Try and sort out the negative atmosphere all people do is spread rumours and it's miserable as sin is there us no positive atmosphere at all.

Food is disgusting in the canteen. And over priced.

Utilitywise Response

2 Feb 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review, we're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as positive as it could have been. Two things we are particularly addressing are the initial welcome to new recruits and the... More

3. "Untrustworthy Company"

I have been working at Utilitywise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get good experience in the company and many people who work here are nice.

Cons

Utilitywise do not miss any opportunities to charge staff for things completely out of their control. Poor general staff support from HR. Poor communications with staff.

Advice to Management

Take a look at companies who have a good understanding and reputation for caring for their main resource, their people! Learn some lessons from them.

5. "Field Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Field Consultant
    Current Employee - Field Consultant

I have been working at Utilitywise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am currently a field sales consultant and have worked at many companies but utilitywise have not only rolled out the red carpet, but are one of the few companies out there that actually deliver on their promises for staff.

- good product to pitch to clients, there will be something to benefit almost every business.

- very enjoyable training program. 1 week classroom based, 1 week shadowing experienced field consultant. Trainer Michael down to earth and knowledgable

- managers very friendly and Make you feel welcome. Emphasise that they will help you every step of the way and promote a positive hard working atmosphere.

- very competitive basic salary for a sales role, which gets reviewed yearly.

- brand new company car. Get a hire car first 3 months however but this is to be expected.

- the business is very strict on compliance and ensures that everyone working in the field follows procedure. This promotes confidence in the product

- if you work hard life changing money can be made. 6 figure salaries are not impossible, and many of the field staff hit these numbers regularly. (If you can graft, be confident and know the product)

- 50% of commission is paid upfront, so no waiting for 6 months for a deal to go live which is brilliant.

- very impressive offices, regular staff get togethers and bonuses.

- the potential of the company is huge, particularly considering it is only 10 years old

- 9-5 work hours, no weekend work is expected of you.

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is that the business is growing so rapidly some areas may get over saturated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, great buzz and positivity about the place.

6. "great career potential with an ambitious company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Utilitywise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Utilitywise has a great working environment with huge potential to be even more successful than it already is. It has the support structure in place for all collegues and has fantastic progression potential for the right people. If you have the right attitude and the right drive you can go far. The values of the business are very much about making its people feel valued and listening to their opinions and trying to change anything possible.

Cons

Traffic leaving the business park

"Great pay terrible management"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Redditch, England
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Redditch, England

I worked at Utilitywise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and ability to earn commission however I have heard things are all changed now, that said if you can cold call and do it well you can earn a significant amount of money ripping people off.

Cons

Being just a satellite office most of your hard work gets taken away from you to people up north in head office

Advice to Management

Stop promoting your friends, stop lying to staff.

"Field Sales is a JOKE - Promise the earth and you get nothing"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Redditch, England
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Redditch, England

I worked at Utilitywise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Could be a great company, they have the tools but nobody knows how to use them!

Cons

Training poor, ask for more or promotion and get nothing, middle management don't listen and don't recognise good staff. After 8 months I gave up, Promised company car but just get hire car, felt unwanted and unable to achieve development - In house skills and knowledge weak.

Advice to Management

Get a grip, recognise staff, reward staff, help with ambition, keep to promises, if staff ask for help / training/ promotion prospects listen to them . And sort out the closers who cant close a door.

9. "Ok"

Current Employee - Energy Consultant
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant

Pros

Good rate of pay if you enjoy cold calling

Cons

Have to maintain call times even when trying to price packages for customers. Sometimes targets can be a little unrealistic

"Plenty of chances if you focus on the job in hand"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Wallsend, England
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Wallsend, England

I worked at Utilitywise full-time

Pros

Very straightforward well-defined role. Nice working environment, clear targets and transparent bonus / commission structure.

Cons

no parking unless you get there an hour early, traffic out of Silverlink can gridlock on some nights, the canteen is an expensive carbuncle and - like nay other large employer I suppose - nepotism is rife.

Advice to Management

Strengthen the links between senior management and 'shop-floor staff' that keep things going. Open communication is key to strong TRUSTING relationships up and down the ladder of job titles.

"Energy Consultant"

I worked at Utilitywise full-time

Pros

Whilst training i found that due to the passion and knowledge of the trainers, it eases you into the business with hope.

Cons

Management is shocking, I would not call them manager more so people who have done extremely well as top sellers, spat their dummy out and taken on a team for a higher basic. Coaching and training is not done on a 1-1 basis so you don't know how to improve yourself. The people in there are very sly and selfish and creates an atmosphere which isn't enjoyable as your always looking over your shoulder.

Advice to Management

Bring in actual managers who manage teams not top sellers who continue to sell and try make money, a manager in there stated they didnt have enough time to coach the team because she had to make her own revenue as the team didnt do it, we replied if you coached us you would have a full team who could make you revenue. She responded by saying no that's not how it works.