VMA Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

VMA Group Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2019

4.2
VMA Group CEO Julia Meighan (no image)
Julia Meighan
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Support in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for those who are driven Recognise hard workers Inclusive and encouraging culture Ambitious organisation Open and honest management team with company and employee best interests at heart

Cons

None - a great place to work!

VMA Group2019-08-06
  2. "Great people"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at VMA are genuinely great people to work with. Beautiful office on Bedford Square. Flexible hours and working from home policy. Great incentive scheme. Great social events every month. Good commission scheme.

Cons

Managers haven’t had appropriate training. Can be difficult to get a promotion and progress.

VMA Group2019-11-15
  3. "Unpleasant atmosphere, low staff morale"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at VMA Group full-time

Pros

Used to be a great place to work Some good consultants

Cons

Treatment and progression is based on favouritism rather than merit, internal communication of sensitive issues is handled completely unprofessionally and confidentiality is nonexistent. A real shame as it used to be a great place to work.

VMA Group2019-07-20
  4. "Comms and marketing experts"

I have been working at VMA Group full-time

Pros

Good experienced consultants who are more than willing to share their expertise Good opportunity for progression Good training opportunities Nice office Works with some really interesting clients

Cons

Although there has been a lot of work done on improving the technology, there is still some work to do

VMA Group2019-04-29
  5. "Great training opportunities"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant

I worked at VMA Group full-time

Pros

The company culture is amazing and very inclusive

Cons

None I can think of

VMA Group2019-04-11
  6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great work life balance for a recruitment organisation. There are clear paths to progression with a fantastic management team.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment

VMA Group2018-10-31
  7. "A real jewel of a business"

I have been working at VMA Group full-time

Pros

Lots of space for progression, if you are hungry enough, with a very adult autonomous culture

Cons

More investment in technology to empower recruiters and more public corporate alignment with industry bodies and institutions to reflect VMA's great standards and accomplished portfolio of clients

Advice to Management

Keep up the recognition and investment in the VMA Publications for each discipline

VMA Group2018-03-09
  8. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- VMA has a friendly & welcoming environment, you instantly feel like part of the team. -The staff are willing to go that extra mile & help others. -All staff (billing or not) are recognized for their efforts. -The company has Great incentives. -There is capacity for career developments which is supported by management.

Cons

Generally do not have one!

VMA Group2017-11-21

"A truly brilliant experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great workplace culture - Collaborative team, everyone genuinely out to help each other - People go above and beyond because they want to, not because they're asked to - Company excellent at recognising people at every level and in every role, billing consultant or not - Hugely proactive CEO and leaders who have their internal audience at the forefront of every decision - Autonomy to effectively run your own... mini business within the VMAGROUP brand - No recruitment micro-management culture. Yes we have KPIs and targets to hit but they're guidelines for success rather than your classic recruitment KPI driven environment. - Clients and candidates warm to the brand so that in turn makes the role far more enjoyable - Great offsite incentives - Best commission structure I've seen - Competitive salaries - Great career potential and a clear pathway to promotion - Global mobility (Hong Kong, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, London etc...) - For a communications agency, their communications channels are excellent and there is a constant stream of recognition from the top, filtering through the management team. They do this very well! - There is a clear purpose on what we want to achieve as a business and as a result, the overwhelming majority are invested in making a success of both themselves and the business.

Cons

- I wouldn't say it's a con but you're expected to make things happen. If you like an environment where you're supported in everything you do then it's not for you. You need to go any try things, pro-actively source people across the business and get stuff done. Everyone is busy but people will always help, you just have to ask.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for including us in what you discuss and being so transparent on the direction in which we're heading as a business. It's exciting!

VMA Group2017-11-16
  10. "External Comms Consultant- love it"

Current Employee - External Communication in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly and warm team - Managers are encouraging at all times - Progress reviews - Worklife balance - Social outings - Elite club

Cons

- None that I can think of as our KPI's are managable

Advice to Management

None that I can think of

VMA Group2017-11-10