VMA Group Reviews

Updated 5 Oct 2020

4.2
VMA Group Executive Chairman Julia Meighan (no image)
Julia Meighan
  1. "Great experience, would highly recommend"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at VMA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved my time working for Vmagroup. Every single person who works for the organisation is positive, friendly and hardworking. It really does have a family feel and I’ll miss everyone loads. Although we do have KPI’s, from my experience the managers are really supportive and understanding if you don’t always hit them, so it doesn’t feel like a stressful sales environment. Vmagroup appreciate dedication and hard work so are always happy to help consultants who want to be successful.

Cons

It would be great if VMA could find a way to promote away from sales target, but at the same time I appreciate it is a sales business.

Continue reading
  2. "The people make the company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Support in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at VMA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Friendly working environment - Very social - Invest in staff development

Cons

- Focused more on the consultants rather than support staff

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Support in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities for those who are driven Recognise hard workers Inclusive and encouraging culture Ambitious organisation Open and honest management team with company and employee best interests at heart

Cons

None - a great place to work!

4. "Great people"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people at VMA are genuinely great people to work with. Beautiful office on Bedford Square. Flexible hours and working from home policy. Great incentive scheme. Great social events every month. Good commission scheme.

Cons

Managers haven’t had appropriate training. Can be difficult to get a promotion and progress.

5. "Great training opportunities"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant

I worked at VMA Group full-time

Pros

The company culture is amazing and very inclusive

Cons

None I can think of

6. "Comms and marketing experts"

I have been working at VMA Group full-time

Pros

Good experienced consultants who are more than willing to share their expertise Good opportunity for progression Good training opportunities Nice office Works with some really interesting clients

Cons

Although there has been a lot of work done on improving the technology, there is still some work to do

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great work life balance for a recruitment organisation. There are clear paths to progression with a fantastic management team.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment

"A truly brilliant experience!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great workplace culture - Collaborative team, everyone genuinely out to help each other - People go above and beyond because they want to, not because they're asked to - Company excellent at recognising people at every level and in every role, billing consultant or not - Hugely proactive CEO and leaders who have their internal audience at the forefront of every decision - Autonomy to effectively run your own mini business within the VMAGROUP brand - No recruitment micro-management culture. Yes we have KPIs and targets to hit but they're guidelines for success rather than your classic recruitment KPI driven environment. - Clients and candidates warm to the brand so that in turn makes the role far more enjoyable - Great offsite incentives - Best commission structure I've seen - Competitive salaries - Great career potential and a clear pathway to promotion - Global mobility (Hong Kong, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, London etc...) - For a communications agency, their communications channels are excellent and there is a constant stream of recognition from the top, filtering through the management team. They do this very well! - There is a clear purpose on what we want to achieve as a business and as a result, the overwhelming majority are invested in making a success of both themselves and the business.

Cons

- I wouldn't say it's a con but you're expected to make things happen. If you like an environment where you're supported in everything you do then it's not for you. You need to go any try things, pro-actively source people across the business and get stuff done. Everyone is busy but people will always help, you just have to ask.

Continue reading
  9. "Professional, friendly and autonomous environment in a great central London location overlooking Bedford Square."

Current Employee - Support in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you work hard and achieve results, you will be rewarded with respect and the autonomy to meet the demands of your role as you see fit. There is also a really good retention level of employees, which is reassuring.

Cons

Due the rapid growth of the business there are a few infrastructure and technological issues, which are slowly being addressed.

Continue reading
  10. "Internal Communications Consultant"

Current Employee - Internal Communications Consultant in London, England

I have been working at VMA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the outset I could tell that VMA Group were hugely committed to their people and the opportunities to progress within the organisation very apparent. The culture and people are great and having a strong and respected brand behind you only helps speed your role success along.

Cons

Inevitably in recruitment it's not all smooth. You need to be able to put your head down and work hard to get the desired results, but if you do do this, you're sure to be a success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews