VMR Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Lovely company"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Southend-on-Sea, England
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Southend-on-Sea, England

I have been working at VMR Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Internal recruiter was so lovely, got me in for an interview the next day understanding that I had just moved to the area, kept in contact with me throughout the process to make sure I was prepared. The training provided is really helpful, the training manager shows a general interest in your progress. Checked on my continuously to make sure we weren’t nervous and go overcome anything we were worried about. My group settled in really quickly due to the training manager and how many group activities we did and all helped each other. The people in the company are so lovely and helpful! Really welcomed me and helped me through calls.

Cons

Too much money to be earnt

Advice to Management

Never change

"Worst company ever- every negative review is true"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Southend-on-Sea, England

I worked at VMR Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great social side with other consultants and some managers are great!

Cons

CEO is insane. Expects everyone to change procedures as soon as an idea comes to mind. Hires trainees so he can manipulate them into slave workers. Expectations are insane. KPI leads to people faking call times out of fear.

All good reviews are lies written by himself.

Advice to Management

All the managers could be in a better compnay.
    CEO needs to lay off pressure and focus on staff retention

"Room for improvement"

Pros

Good training scheme to get you ready for the Job

Cons

-Long hours
    -Lack of communication from the management side

"Horrible place to work"

I worked at VMR Consultants full-time

Pros

People who work there are nice. Good social side

Cons

The owner is an absolute nut job, sacks people on the spot on a daily basis. Managers hate him and constantly talk about him behind his back, spent the whole time prasing a recruiter who in the actually frauded, then concluded to take it out in he people that was left. If you want to work for a company with a horrible boss and constant walk outs this the place, all training is based on wolf of wall street which is massively cringe and its just an hour of the owner talking absolute rubbish that not one person in the company listened to. AVOID

Advice to Management

Leave, base salaries are good but doesnt change the absolute state of the compnay you work for?

"The Unhappiest Place on Earth!"

Pros

Home time, holidays, bank holidays, sick days - you get the idea... any time that you are not actually at work!

Cons

CEO models his company on 'The Wolf of Wall Street' it is cringeworthingly pathetic and toxic.

I can guarantee ALL the positive reviews on here have been written by the CEO himself, or someone else in the company that he has blackmailed into doing so.

Literally you will never work at a place as bad as here - people are fired every day, people live in daily fear of keeping their jobs, the CEO is so nasty, he thinks nothing of publicly vilifying an employee for their sexual orientation, disabilities, or any other protected characteristic he can find.

He micro manages every employee's day and you are required to document each day every single 15 minute period in your day.

Hours are 8-7 - which is ridiculous. There is no human element to this job at all... you turn up a few minutes late - gets deducted from your pay - you spend an extra two hours at work? That's deemed as 'expected behaviour'.

Just because the CEO has no life to go home to he expects the same 'commitment' from his employees.

Advice to Management

Accept that people work to live and not live to work. You don't deserve anyone's loyalty and commitment because of the way you treat people who work for you - I hope you bankrupt yourself.

"Best Earning potential in southend"

I have been working at VMR Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very realistic opportunity to earn £100k within 2 years
    - Full training provided - teaching you everything from the basics of recruitment up to the advanced stages of the process
    - Multiple daily/weekly and monthly incentives including company holidays, cash, leave early and achievers lunches
    - Full access to every sales book - on audio file
    - Full access to a learning management system to teach you everything you would need to know

Cons

Focus on one brand when advertising the company

Advice to Management

Keep your staff motivated and this company will continue to grow

"Absolute shambles of a company! Toxic CEO"

Pros

None. Apart from maybe meeting some decent people to socialise with.

Cons

The bad reviews already speak for themself. Any positive review listed here is written by the CEO himself which is absolutely embarrasing. AWFUL and HORRENDOUS ‘company’ to work for, stay away at all costs. CEO is a disgustingly toxic person. Horrible horrible company, i am so supprised it is has not been shut down yet. I feel sorry for those who have been targeted and missold to work here, please do not make the same mistake, gain some self respect and go to a real succesful company that will actually value and support you genuinely. I am so happy i am now doing amazing and moved on to work in a proper recruitment agency where recruitment is done the right way, it made me realise even more how awfully wrong VMR actually is.

Advice to Management

Quit.

"Everything bad about a company, rolled into one!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southend-on-Sea, England
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Southend-on-Sea, England

I have been working at VMR Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very young average office age so good social side.

Cons

Micro management.
    Intense KPIs.
    Team leaders secretly hate CEO.
    CEO is blunt, unpredictable and short tempered. He undermines team leaders and makes brash changes to strategy without considering wider business.

Advice to Management

There isn’t anything that anyone could recommend to change the culture. If you’re a team leader try standing up for yourself once in a while, no point working somewhere you’re scared to be fired from. If you’re the CEO reading this (highly unlikely… too self absorbed) then sell your business to people who actually care.

"100% Truth"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at VMR Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people in the London Office are great to work with, if it wasn't for them i would of left ages ago.

- Finally introduced 1 hour lunches after working from 8am-7pm.

- Competitive environment (If you do not make a deal within the first three months you get sacked)

- Trips abroad with the team which is nice, however going with the CEO he will constantly ask you about work and what you will do to get him a deal (So you don't relax).

-On Friday's you're able to dress down even though your not meeting any clients during the week, due to the fact that you are talking to people overseas in German speaking countries.

- Also on Friday's you're welcomed to alcoholic beverages at the end of the day, which are compliments from the owner of the building not the actual CEO of VMR.

- All the positive reviews are written by the CEO himself.

Cons

- The CEO always complained about London loosing him money, yet he never once sent one of the directors from south-end who have the most experience to come up and help, instead puts pressure on a young manager instead and inexperienced recruiters.

- This whole business is micromanaged with unrealistic KPI's, which were; 600 messages sent a day, over 2 hours on the phone and 2 unique candidates a day. If this was not met daily the CEO will expect you to stay behind, despite your contracted hours. If you refuse to do so you will find your self getting sacked.

- Employee turnover is a joke, on my first week I saw over 5 people go and every pay day more people leave, which has you questioning about the choice you made when the best performing person leaves the company. Along with being suspicious if his own employees are going for interviews if they've taken a day off whether your sick or not.

-This is one of my favourite, we were once located in Aldgate East Office co-sharing the space with different recruitment companies. We were KICKED out of this space due to the fact that the CEO never payed his RENT! So we had to pack all of our equipment and take it outside which was embarrassing to say the least, whilst the CEO was on holiday and laughed about it. He then wanted to make it up to the team by buying us lunch.....

- Once we moved to our new Office in Old Street, Shoreditch. Due to the lack of performance from London again... the CEO offered a new system which was called 'flexi-hours'. Where he wanted us to agree to do more hours work on the weekends and have a day off from Monday-Friday but still get payed the same.

- My Second favourite, if you were late in the morning by lets say 6-10 mins or whatever time that may be. It will be deducted from your monthly pay! Even if you stayed over an hour more to make up for your late time.

- Lack of communication between London and South-end office, Despite having 'A' grade clients they will still be contacted even though they shouldn't.

-My last favourite point, you are required to make over 30 dials or 1 hour on the phone in the morning by calling the same clients everyday. This is known as "Sell-In", which then damages the client reputation as your constantly bothering them even if they told you not to call back ! The software used to handle this company information and client details is out of DATE! It has not been updated properly in over 5 years!!

Advice to Management

- J people, DotnetResourcing, VMR consultants its all the same thing owned by the same CEO. Creating a new name business name will not make a difference on the growth of your organisation and people shouldn't be fooled by this. Listen to your employees and managers and change the way you manage your company because its only going to get worse.

- CEO needs to Improve on your Social skills and learn how to interactive with people on an understanding level instead of just firing people.

- CEO, you need to work on your workshops as the majority of things you do we all already do and know. Instead of doing workshops perhaps show an example by doing this to one of your employees clients, due to the amount of 'experience' you have.

-London Management, you don't need to follow every rule in the book I think it would be better off if you followed your own way, wish you guys the best. Hunger Games Out.

"'CEO is an absolute nutcase'"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Southend-on-Sea, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Southend-on-Sea, England

I worked at VMR Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was alright when CEO was not in - got on well with my team

Cons

CEO is a nasty man! KPI's are ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO