Vanquis Bank Customer Service Agent Reviews

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Contact Centre Agent in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time

Pros

The business reacted really well to coronavirus and got most of us working from home really quickly without any negatives on our customers. Good benefits and holiday was recently increased too which is good.

Cons

Can be really busy and quite challenging when it's busy.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks so much for this feedback. It has been a challenging time for a lot of people, so it's great to hear some positivity from it.

2. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Fraud Operations Agent

I have been working at Vanquis Bank for less than a year

Pros

Casual work attire. Free coffee. Friendly staff.

Cons

Nothing. Greta place to work.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for this positive feedback! We're pleased you're enjoying your time here.

3. "ok"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

pays really good and the people

Cons

The customers attitudes are terrible blame game all day nothing ever their fault.

4. "Sales Driven"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Account Agent in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

IF you're a good salesperson, this place is the one for you

Cons

If you're not a great salesperson or struggle with pressure, this is not the place for you. Heavily target driven

5. "The Worst."

Former Employee - Customer Account Agent in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met lots of nice individuals. The canteen/s are satisfying. The seasonal events are amazing - however, more effort is put into these than Vanquis’ employees.

Cons

You’re left in the dark once you conclude your training and go live on the floor. No kind of progression whatsoever. Management is terrible; team leaders / floor managers will go out on multiple breaks throughout the day - leaving no one to ask for help - which makes it difficult and overwhelming for those on the floor who still need to gain authorisation during calls. Too much is expected from new employees once they go live. EVERYTHING is timed - even out of calls, which is incredibly stressful. If you spend “too much” time in ‘comfort break’ then your team leader is on your back. You are overworked and your efforts are under appreciated; especially if this is your first time in a role as such. The role itself is mentally draining and you finish the day feeling deflated. The hours are long and each day is the same; dull and repetitive. The 2/4 Saturday shifts are too much to ask for; employees are left with little to no social life / time for themselves. If you make a minor hiccup during the call then it is failed, and in turn this affects your monthly bonus. You are informed the monthly bonus can be as much as an additional £600 a month, however this is incredibly unrealistic to obtain. You receive a great amount of customer abuse each day. This isn’t down to the company, but it’s something you should be aware of if considering this role. You do not have a designated desk - so when you’re working the late shift, you arrive struggling to find a desk to work at. And to add to this, the floor I worked on was shockingly overcrowded. This is most likely a personal con, but this role and what was expected of me as an employee affected my anxiety immensely.

6. "Glad I’m gone"

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Agent in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Different shift patterns (longer weeks and shorter weeks) A monthly bonus.. Long training period and support when you first start

Cons

After your training you’re left on your own and the managers completely change their tone with you They make out you’ll get up to £600 extra a month in bonus but is extremely hard to even get under £200 Managers are so rude, make you feel like you’re wasting their time if you ask for help, always seem too busy for you until they want to moan at you about something No flexibility in the work, very repetitive Can’t build good work place relationships Expect you to do the jobs of other departments that earn a higher wage BECAUSE they’re in that other department Bring out new processes but are never fully clear with how it’s going to work or how you’re meant to do it, if you ask questions no one seems to have an exact answer

7. "N/a"

Current Employee - Collections Agent in Chatham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time

Pros

Good start for the inexperienced

Cons

Very little progression Poor working atmosphere

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'd recommend you having a conversation with your manager about progression opportunities, or of course you can email any further feedback to careers@vanquisbank.co.uk.

8. "Boring job with big brother constantly watching you"

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Agent in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

free fruit, some of the people were lovely

Cons

Horrible bosses, overworked, underpaid, SO boring, management doesn't listen to your needs. Chatham branch gets paid the same as Bradford even though our cost of living is much higher.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't seem to have the experience we want for our colleagues at Vanquis. We'd appreciate any more specific feedback you have. If you have further comments, please get in touch via careers@vanquisbank.co.uk.

"Really awful place to work"

Current Employee - Collections Agent in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free fruit Subsidised canteen Close to my home

Cons

Oh dear where should I start? I have been working for a variety of organisations over 20 years and this is by far the worse job I have ever had. Apart from the nature of the job which is endless calls you are treated like a machine. No concern for your welfare at all. I was reprimanded for taking an 8 minute toilet break. I was on my period at the time and had severe bleeding so you can imagine how that made me feel. Also zero tolerance for any issues you might have outside of work. I had a gas scare before my shift and called in to let them know. Luckily British Gas got there straightaway so I was still able to get into work but I was an hour late. Despite explaining this to my line manager I was made to feel guilty and made to fill in a late form. Training is terrible and I kept getting conflicting information from different team leaders and floor walkers. The team leaders seem to lack basic HR knowledge - I was off ill for four days due to a mouth ulcer and was told by my line manager I could not return to work unless I had illness certificate. GPs do NOT issue illness certificates unless you have been off ill for at least a week. I stated this to my line manager but she did not pay any attention. It was only when she went to HR that it was resolved. I found a lot of senior members of staff really unprofessional because they only seemed to help the people they liked and if you were not one of them you were left on your own and with no support. I worked for Vanquis for 8 months and lets say when I received a job offer from another bank it was one of the best feelings of my life.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, it’s disappointing to hear of your negative experience with us. We take the welfare of our colleagues very seriously so I'm sorry to hear this. We do put a lot of time and effort into making sure all of the managers have the support and guidance needed in order to best support their colleagues. Having a strong management team is really important for us.

"Please Avoid!"

Former Employee - Loans Collection Agent in Chatham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dress down culture. You wear anything basically

Cons

Everything in the book of cons! 6mins timer on toilet break, it's basically a school and nothing else.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear you didn’t get the experience you were hoping for at Vanquis. We'd very much appreciate a further conversation in regards to your comments so please get in touch via haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk

Found 29 reviews