Vanquis Bank Employee Reviews about "free fruit"

Updated 19 May 2020

3.4
Vanquis Bank Managing Director Neil Chandler
Neil Chandler
Pros
  • "some of the little things like free fruit, free lunch once a month are in place and are nice touches(in 14 reviews)

• "Free fruit and cheap vending machines save me on some days(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are friend of Team Leaders you get promotion opportunities, responsibilities and easy tasks if not all your efforts will not be recognised(in 12 reviews)

• "The diversity of the data is huge at Vanquis but it's the quality that we need to work on(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "free fruit"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Management in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open and inclusive environment for all colleagues. Regular business updates from Senior leadership keeping teams informed. Wellbeing focus with free fruit daily, free tea, coffee etc, free lunch once a month and Sports and Social events. Corporate responsibility involvement by colleagues. Customer focussed, continually striving to improve our customer experience.

Cons

A career is what you make it, no employer is perfect but this company does care about its employees.

Miss

Thanks so much for your feedback. You've listed some of the really positive things that we're proud to offer our colleagues.

2. "Boring job with big brother constantly watching you"

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Agent in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

free fruit, some of the people were lovely

Cons

Horrible bosses, overworked, underpaid, SO boring, management doesn't listen to your needs. Chatham branch gets paid the same as Bradford even though our cost of living is much higher.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you didn't seem to have the experience we want for our colleagues at Vanquis. We'd appreciate any more specific feedback you have. If you have further comments, please get in touch via careers@vanquisbank.co.uk.

3. "Great place to work - But still needs a little work"

Current Employee - Floor Manager in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing support network in regards to well being. Opportunities to progress and take on additional progress. Clear defined recruitment paths and career goals. Free fruit, coffee, tea and subsidized cafe Great and fulfilling work Free parking Great learning and development team

Cons

Senior management and the business are not as open as should be

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks so much for your review. It's great to see you list so many of the things we're proud to offer colleagues, particularly the career progression and development opportunities.

4. "Great starting point, no progression"

2.0
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good salary for the contact centre staff. Perks such as free fruit

Cons

Senior management seem to have no clue Favouritism - if you aren’t cherry picked for a role you aren’t going anywhere

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for the feedback. Good to see you mention some of our perks. Having a strong management team is really important for us, as well as making sure there are fair career progression opportunities for everyone across the Bank, so we'd appreciate looking into your feedback in more detail. Please get in touch with the Talent Acquisition team for a further conversation.

5. "Good career progression, poor management"

2.0
    Former Employee - IT Security Specialist in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free fruit Colleagues Benefits Opportunity for career development Flexible working

Cons

Poor management Pressuring environment Stressful Salary low-mid scale

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. You've listed some great things that we're proud to offer colleagues at Vanquis so I'm pleased you've highlighted those. Having a strong management team is really important for us so we do put a lot of time and effort into making sure all of the managers have the support and guidance needed in order to best support their colleagues and encourage a healthy working environment across the business. In regards to pay, we carry out annual benchmarking that takes into consideration the role expectations, level of responsibility and location of the position. We also encourage colleagues to have open conversations with managers around salaries and benchmarking

"Really awful place to work"

Current Employee - Collections Agent in Chatham, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free fruit Subsidised canteen Close to my home

Cons

Oh dear where should I start? I have been working for a variety of organisations over 20 years and this is by far the worse job I have ever had. Apart from the nature of the job which is endless calls you are treated like a machine. No concern for your welfare at all. I was reprimanded for taking an 8 minute toilet break. I was on my period at the time and had severe bleeding so you can imagine how that made me feel. Also zero tolerance for any issues you might have outside of work. I had a gas scare before my shift and called in to let them know. Luckily British Gas got there straightaway so I was still able to get into work but I was an hour late. Despite explaining this to my line manager I was made to feel guilty and made to fill in a late form. Training is terrible and I kept getting conflicting information from different team leaders and floor walkers. The team leaders seem to lack basic HR knowledge - I was off ill for four days due to a mouth ulcer and was told by my line manager I could not return to work unless I had illness certificate. GPs do NOT issue illness certificates unless you have been off ill for at least a week. I stated this to my line manager but she did not pay any attention. It was only when she went to HR that it was resolved. I found a lot of senior members of staff really unprofessional because they only seemed to help the people they liked and if you were not one of them you were left on your own and with no support. I worked for Vanquis for 8 months and lets say when I received a job offer from another bank it was one of the best feelings of my life.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, it’s disappointing to hear of your negative experience with us. We take the welfare of our colleagues very seriously so I'm sorry to hear this. We do put a lot of time and effort into making sure all of the managers have the support and guidance needed in order to best support their colleagues. Having a strong management team is really important for us.

7. "Disaster zone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offices in Chatham & London are in good locations, free fruit.

Cons

Major culture problems stemming from a lack of morals, and competence from senior and middle management. Managers of all levels will quite literally lie to your face to cover their own rear. Bonuses paid to execs when clear failures around the business mean ops staff get little or no bonus despite meeting targets.

Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for leaving your feedback, and sorry to hear your views on the leadership team. Having a strong management team is really important for us so if you have any more feedback on how we can improve then please get in touch at haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk. It's an exciting time here at the moment - our new Managing Director, Neil, joined us in April bringing great enthusiasm and ideas for moving the business forward and in May we launched our group Blueprint for success, including a new purpose, strategic drivers and the behaviours we will demonstrate in delivering our objectives.

8. "a company that cares and tries to do the best for customer and colleagues"

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-management do listen and try to react to needs of customers and colleagues -some of the little things like free fruit, free lunch once a month are in place and are nice touches -an annual Employee questionnaire takes place and the findings are taken seriously and reacted to -there is genuine care and empathy for colleagues -opportunity is given to those who work hard and exhibit the right values and behaviours

Cons

-gone through a number of changes in ExCo over last 2 years, with very short tenures. Needs stability. -benefits package is traditional and needs a refresh

Miss

Thanks very much for leaving some feedback. Our colleagues are what drive our business and impact our customers everyday so it's important we listen and take all feedback on board - it's great you've noticed this. We currently have a great leadership team in place and a whole new purpose and values piece coming very soon - keep an eye out!

9. "Should be so much better"

Former Employee - Various in Chatham, England

I worked at Vanquis Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Benefits (Denplan, Medical Cover, Holiday Allowance, sick pay, pension) Free fruit - when it arrives on time Free lunch voucher once a month Free Parking - if you find a space Nice Offices Social Events Charity Work OK Salaries Training is good The potential for progression is good Good Values Dress code is casual

Cons

Quite a few of the management team (all areas) - the wrong people are making decisions - management seems to be decided on two factors 1) length of service and 2) how social someone is. Rather than skills, experiences or fit for the job Terrible HR Team - terrible recruitment process Processes aren't thought through - very reactionary Culture - all offices have a different way of working - many problems are caused by the Bradford Office doing things differently to the Chatham Office. People get promoted via who they know Too compliance heavy Open plan offices can get very noisy very quickly Not consistent (some people get treated better than others) IT infrastructure is poor Parking is becoming an issue The actual credit card

Talent Acquisition Advisor - Interactive Channels

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. It's great that you experienced many positive things whilst working here, but sorry to hear there were also some negatives. We take all feedback into consideration to ensure Vanquis is an enjoyable and rewarding place to work, so it'd be great to get some more detail from you about some of your suggestions. Please get in contact via haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk.

10. "Teenager in need of growing up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Vanquis Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free fruit, tea/coffee, open culture of wanting to hear feedback from everyone, monthly business updates so you actually see senior leaders, lots of opportunity to develop, autonomy over your role (manager dependent), fair salary

Cons

Fees like a teenager - lots of enthusiasm, at times lazy, inconsistent expectations of colleagues, management in need of development - needs to think more like a sustainable business and grow up.

Talent Acquisition Advisor - Interactive Channels

Thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you enjoyed the culture here, as well as the exposure to leaders and career development opportunities. We try our best to ensure managers have the support and guidance needed to best support colleagues so everyone has consistent experiences, but it seems you may not have experienced this. Having a strong and consistent management team is really important for us so if you have any more feedback please get in touch - haveyoursay@vanquisbank.co.uk

Found 13 reviews