Vantage Deluxe World Travel Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Dec 20, 2021

Found 189 of over 195 reviews

2.5
Vantage Deluxe World Travel Chairman & Founder Henry Lewis (no image)
Henry Lewis
Pros
  • "Great location, opportunity to receive tickets to all sporting events and playoffs as well(in 18 reviews)

• "Always something new and different everyday, casual dress environment, free fruit, sports tickets, great leadership team(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Vantage is an older company so the classic more templated design is used to fit the older customer demographic(in 16 reviews)

• "No one should work in a company where they are unhappy(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's okay

Feb 3, 2021 - Sales Director in Loughborough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, location, career, salary.

Cons

Technical ability, management, cv-19, ambition.

2. 1.0

Worst job I have had

May 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close to train station to make leaving for home easy and quick.

Cons

- Hostile and belligerent CEO - Forced to work in other business areas I was not hired for - So many meetings that I couldn't get work done - Lack of any respect - Nepotism - Hostile work environment - Lack of concern for customers - No career growth

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0

Decent…

Dec 8, 2021 - Sr. Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting, challenging industry. Salary was solid. Some good, passionate people helped drive the business.

Cons

I heard many times about always doing things the “vantage way”, which essentially made changing processes or strategy hard to implement. No one quite understood why certain things were done as they were. I didn’t have many experiences with the owner, but the few I did were about as uncomfortable as I’ve ever been in a meeting in my entire career. This environment made it challenging for me to contribute the way I’d like to. I didn’t feel I could bring my thoughts to the table.

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Thank you for your feedback. Vantage continues to work towards giving our team a voice within the organization and empowering all associates to use that voice. We will continue to work to promote and nurture a culture of transparency and collaboration.

4. 1.0

Most toxic culture EVER

Dec 20, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a job, and they give you money for doing stuff. That's about it.

Cons

I read the previous reviews and thought that people HAD to be exaggerating, no place could be THAT bad. I was wrong, dead wrong. I’ve worked in a lot of places and this is by far, THE most toxic environment I’ve ever worked in. Knowledge is power and no one here wants to give up power, so any kind of information that would help a new employee get acclimated never gets shared. You have to figure it out by yourself. If you don’t know, you’re an incompetent idiot. If you ask a question, you are “stupid,” no matter how vague or unclear the person is. The company culture is to throw people under the bus whenever possible, find someone else to blame, even for minor stuff that wouldn’t be a problem in any “normal” company. Mountains out of molehills whenever there is the slightest issue. It all starts at the top. The owner of the company is a sociopath who berates and insults people to their faces in public meetings with 10-15 people present. "You're sitting around in a meeting all day picking your nose when you should be ..." 5-hour meetings with a dozen people present (when 2-3 people are doing all the talking and everyone else is held hostage) are a regular occurrence. He has no idea that most things are more complex than a 10-word answer, and is unfamiliar with the concept of nuance. He doesn’t care if it’s complicated or if it contradicts what he said yesterday, he wants it done, and he wants it done NOW! If you have the unmitigated audacity to ask why we are doing things a certain way, it’s never because of business reason A, B, or C. It’s always “because ‘Mr. Big’ said so.” So, if you are considering working here, know that these reviews are NOT embellished or exaggerated, all of this is absolutely true. Oh, and no one has had a raise or bonus in 3 years. My advice is to turn around and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unorganized

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary and commission pay was extraordinary in previous years. When Covid hit the company had many financial struggles that deterred the high commission payouts. Hopefully their difficult financial issues have gotten better over the last year.

Cons

Unorganized management that very often makes mistakes. The communication between all departments in the company is not good and caused many issues.

1 person found this review helpful

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Vantage. We are working to ensure that our employees have a voice within the organization and actively listening to what they have to say. While Covid had an impact on our industry, we are looking forward to everyone travelling again.

6. 1.0

Don't bother

Aug 24, 2021 - Vice President CRM & Digital
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people but those don't hang around too long given toxic culture.

Cons

Just read the other negative reviews. No exaggerations. It's all true. Work there only if desperate and you like abuse from the CEO.

3 people found this review helpful

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

I apologize for the negative experience you had at Vantage. We are working to build a culture of communication and transparency within the company and we are making strides each day towards this goal.

7. 2.0

Not easy

Jun 8, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is great if you can hit your commission goals. Co workers are easy to talk to.

Cons

Micro management can get out of control sometimes. It's a travel company with very little opportunities to travel unless you've been there a long time.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Business Model

Mar 15, 2021 - Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nimble, fast and flexible organization

Cons

Economically cyclical which directly impacts revenue

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Thank you for your feedback!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty good place to work

Mar 2, 2021 - Service Concierge in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, free cruise, work from home

Cons

The passengers/clients can be extremely rude

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Mar 2, 2021 - Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Paced and Great People.

Cons

The pandemic affects the company's ability to function at a high level due to international travel.

Vantage Deluxe World Travel Response

Thank you for your review. We are all looking forward to the pandemic subsiding and getting everyone travelling again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews