Venn Group Reviews

Found 274 of over 283 reviews

3.9
Venn Group Chief Executive Deirdra Moynihan
Deirdra Moynihan
Pros
  • "Team Commission Structure is really great, it gives you invaluable support when creating new business in multiple markets(in 21 reviews)

• "Good training structure for a junior, team based so opportunity to take home good commission early doors(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Recruitment in general can be long hours however Venn Group is one of the best for work/life balance(in 44 reviews)

• "You are promised an hour lunch break but you are lucky enough to have 15 minutes to yourself(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

You couldn't start your recruitment career anywhere better.

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Executive Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Home working, team structure, social aspects, support from management, open to new ideas, non-monetary benefits, training is second to none Excellent support throughout COVID.

Cons

Sometimes too structured once you reach a certain level, but managers do support flexibility and new ideas if you bring them to the table

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Always ensuring that I had my next step to work towards

Apr 26, 2021 - Executive Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Main thing I have noticed compared to other recruitment agencies I have worked at is the difference the team way of working makes. I have previously worked at Recruitment agencies where it was all individual and although I found the environment sociable outside the office, I did not feel that support within the office, often left to my own devices and lacking guidance. It really helps because not everybody's strengths are the same in the team and it really helps when it comes to ensuring that jobs are worked on effectively and it makes for a productive but friendly atmosphere. Have a really solid group around me that are great to work with and also great to go for a few drink with after work In addition, from day one I have had clear training and the expectations of me as a consultant have been clear. The pathways and milestones gives you smaller as well as bigger career goals which helps with constant motivation.

Cons

It is hard work and the hours are slightly longer than a 9-5 (9-6) but this is better than hours I have previously worked in recruitment Targets are a challenge to work towards and sometimes counter productive in your success as it is important to reach out to clients on a wide range of platforms, especially with the impact of people work from home

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent Organisation

May 12, 2021 - Executive Consultant in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent training scheme. Venn Group really put time and effort into training their staff to build them up to reach whatever goal you want to reach within the company. Training doesn’t stop after a few months, you get regular training sessions each year and can always ask for more if you want/need it. - Always room for progression. Venn Group really encourage people to progress at their own pace (within reason) and allow you to delve into different aspects of the role to enhance your skills. - Social environment. The Milton Keynes Office has a really good atmosphere and management ensure they hold social events regularly, it's a great place to work and is always a lively environment where people are constantly bouncing ideas off each other. We have regular nights out, charity events and team dinners.

Cons

- Would like a little more flexibility. Venn Group are great at making sure they evolve with the times (especially during the ongoing COVID pandemic) and have been very flexible around home working and life commitments. We have recently changed our WFH policy to allow us to work from home one day per week, but I'd like to see that change to two days in the future.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Starter Agency

Aug 2, 2021 - Senior Executive Consultant in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training Friendly Teams Team based - good commission can be made early on Good place to learn recruitment fundamentals Flat structure so management etc. are accessible

Cons

Not very flexible with working patterns Commission structure wasn't favorable for high billers for the majority of my tenure - changed towards the end and is better now Limited management opportunity

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Graduate Role

Jun 10, 2021 - Executive Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Clear progression for new starters -Team commission for new starters -Senior leadership are approachable and will take on board what you have to say

Cons

-Progression can be rigid for more senior consultants

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great colleagues, not so great company

Jul 28, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

(Manchester office) 1. Approachable directors/managers in the office, they are always reachable and don't take themselves too seriously so you can have a laugh and a joke with them. 2. Majority of my colleagues were a pleasure to work with-I laughed a lot in my role and became friends for life with people there. 3. Christmas and Summer do's were fun-all paid for food and drink. 4. Team Commission was a pro once you passed your probation as after that period of time you are still not billing a large amount so this helps.

Cons

1. The basic salary when you join is the lowest in the market for a recruitment job - £18,000 and you don't earn commission until you pass your probation so if you don't live at home money will be tight. 2. Bad reputation as a company-most clients have not heard of Venn Group which makes it harder to win business with large organisations-if they have heard of Venn Group it's likely they've had a bad experience. 3. Although I made some good friends, a large portion of the office behaved inappropriately and would often intimidate others as if they were in The Wolf Of Wall Street and management would sometimes join in with this. 4. The office itself wasn't very attractive and needed updating. 5. Very limited incentives to reward colleagues for their hardwork. 6. You are expected to work outside of the office hours and guilt-tripped if you dare finish actually on time. Your lunch break is also meant to be an hour but you only have about 15 minutes to yourself. I think this is just a typical recruitment attitude, however.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

An exciting time to be working at Venn Group

May 10, 2021 - Business Services in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with at Venn Group are great. Everyone is in it together and work hard for each other. We have fun while we work but still get the job done. There is a lot of change going on at Venn Group at the moment which is really positive. We're being asked for our feedback and opinion more, the status quo is being challenged and 'because this is the way its always been done' is no longer and acceptable answer. I can really see the company changing from the one I joined and its so good to see and makes me really excited and proud to work at Venn Group

Cons

I'd like the phone system to work better when we are working from home

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good training development for a starting Recruiter.

Jul 6, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training for new starters is pretty good and gives you a good insight into 360 recruitment.

Cons

Frowned upon if you took a lunchbreak longer than 20 mins and don't expect to just work core business hours.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

I would run through a brick wall for Venn Group

May 12, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for 3 recruitment consultancies, Venn is by far the best to work for. Genuine, friendly and knowledgeable people, my colleagues and managers at Venn have helped me through mental health problems and major changes in my life. I have been taught everything I need to do my job well whilst maintaining autonomy in my daily working life. I find selling our services to clients really easy as we are legitimately good at what we do and have a good reputation as polished headhunters. Venn are market leaders within recruitment and investors in people.

Cons

Clients and candidates can be hard to manage. Team commission means that commission is shared with less experienced colleagues, great for newcomers though.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to develop...

Mar 5, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's the perfect environment to learn how to recruit. Decent on the desk training, quick progression and fear tactics in an office where everyone is going through the same thing, The comradery amongst your colleagues creates lasting friendships as you've all been through it. That on top of the short term predictions/threat of commission being taken away for not picking up the phone, really drives you to overcome fears and become a better recruiter/sales person. Ultimately if you're willing to graft you will come out of the experience with a good skillset for any career and you will be very employable to other agencies. The conveyor belt of trainee recruiters coming through Venn Group and going on to do very well elsewhere is proof of that.

Cons

- Commission structure is very opaque. On the surface it looks OK as you get caught up in the quick promotions and progression, but once you get to a certain point, you do wonder where all your billing is going. When you move somewhere else, you realise it isn't anywhere near competitive -Commission can be held back should you not hit certain targets which upon reflection, is utter madness -Anyone above Manager/Senior Manager is essentially a man manager and holds very little sway in terms of actual relevant recruiter experience which is frustrating. -Very little flexibility in terms of working from home and having lunch breaks at different times

3 people found this review helpful