Venn Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Nov 2019

3.9
Venn Group CEO Deirdra Moynihan
Deirdra Moynihan
Pros
  • "Team Commission Structure is really great, it gives you invaluable support when creating new business in multiple markets(in 21 reviews)

• "Venn Group offers realistic career progression, organic growth and a team based commission structure that is like no other(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but that is to be expected in recruitment(in 42 reviews)

• "Only allowed 20 minutes lunch break which you’re expected to work through too(in 28 reviews)

"Friendly and collaborative team culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Venn Group full-time

Pros

Great team culture, interesting job, management really care about you and listen to you

Cons

Can be stressful at timed but that’s to be expected with a sales job

Venn Group2019-10-03
  2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commission on placing candidates

Cons

Very strict kpis which if not met affect your commission

Venn Group2019-11-11
  3. "Excellent start to recruitment"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Venn Group offers excellent training to new consultants and the team based commission structure creates a fantastically supportive and collaborative environment. If you are driven and want to progress your career, the senior management will support you all the way and training continues right into and through management.

Cons

The job is very KPI and target heavy, but from founded reasons. Just be prepared and make sure that you will be motivate by that kind of environment before you start.

Advice to Management

Continue thinking about how to develop the target structure and keep consultants motivated, particularly when looking at newer sectors.

Venn Group2019-11-08
  4. "Good Training - Backwards Organisation"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their training set me up in terms of my career A really fab organisation to join when you are young and starting out in recruitmenr

Cons

Backwards look on how to run a company Very Corporate Old School recruitment approach

Venn Group2019-11-06
  5. "Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Venn Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good for people starting out their career Good environment and good people that work there

Cons

Can be a bit old fashioned in approach Commission scheme not great

Advice to Management

Be flexible around KPIs if someone is doing well

Venn Group2019-11-01
  6. "Team Commission"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- strong training program - good culture with 'Fizzy Fridays' at the end of the month

Cons

- the team commission is difficult to get your head around and unless you have billed a lot, you will only receive a tiny amount despite putting in the same amount of work.

Venn Group2019-10-23

"Moving with the times, happy workforce"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venn Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer thorough training and development throughout your whole career, managers actually care and if you're struggling they will put the time in to help you There is a great social side, sports teams and nights out are in abundance. People go to the gym together too so its a night balance of health and having fun! The team culture here is what makes this place to different and such a nice place to go to work... every day because you have so much more support and help when it comes to making placements too just changed working hours so there is more flexibility

Cons

Like every agency KPIs can be stressful but if you balance your time and are consistence with your work they shouldn't be a problem to manage. We are corporate but we are gradually becoming more flexible with smart/casual clothes

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing. You've been taking on feedback and its the little improvements that make the difference. I find all managers approachable and helpful here

Venn Group2019-09-30
  8. "Stay away - will never learn"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team commission was good for graduates starting out in the industry

Cons

Please please take note of the negative reviews on there - the positive ones are not an accurate representation of this company. I appreciate some of these negative reviews will be difficult to take seriously given they sound like people having a rant (doesn't everyone about their job/company once in a while) however everything they say is true. - Bullying in the workplace either encouraged or inflicted by... Managers directly - No real interest in progression as Venn operates like a factory, churning out graduates - Arranged social/work nights out result in inappropriate conduct from Managers towards more junior members of staff - For anything else please read the negative reviews as mentioned above as all info is 100% accurate To succeed at Venn Group you need to be incredibly money orientated in every aspect, comfortable with bullying culture as well as emotional abuse.

Advice to Management

None if they enjoy working there. Also - Marketing please DO NOT respond to this as I have read your responses to those people telling the truth on here. You are either dishonest or ignorant. Good day.

Venn Group2019-10-30

"Work life balance zero"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Venn Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team commission, some good clients

Cons

Long hours, no incentives, no work life balance, bad senior management

Venn Group2019-10-07

"Successful company with great career progression for new starters"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Venn Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Venn Group are an excellent company to work for. Whilst I worked at Venn for 5 years I always had a clear and concise career path. Progression is down to your own performance, so as long as you put in the hard work you will receive the rewards. Consistent support from management and peers is a important factor and I personally feel Venn Group deliver extremely well on this. The staff around you have a genuine... interest and want you to succeed. Venn Group have recently changed and adapted to the market, work/life culture and socially to support the staff members. Realistic earning potential and team commission makes life at Venn very desirable as your team all have the same common goal. As a manager I had years of training from senior members and directors and feel I couldn’t have done so well without it. The directors really give you solid support and ensure you have everything you need to enable you to succeed. I really enjoyed my career at Venn Group and would recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a professional recruitment firm to join.

Cons

Better incentives for top billers

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt as a company

Venn Group2019-09-16