Venquis Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Venquis Reviews

Updated 14 Jan 2020

4.7
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
Pros
  • "The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way(in 10 reviews)

• "Venquis offer all new joiners a 13-week training academy where you are taught how to recruit properly, both candidate and client side(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "On busy times it can be long hours but this is expected and you get out what you put in(in 8 reviews)

• "As the previous review mentions 'This is recruitment, you need to be able to put in the hard work to get the rewards, like everywhere else(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great collaborative working environment"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great 12 week academy done by James giving you the best opportunity to start your career in recruitment. - Fun working culture, everyone in the office is more than happy to answer any questions. - Regular meetings or 'catch ups' to help personal development and solve any challenges.

Cons

- Long working hours, but that is typical of the industry. - With rapid growth there are a lot of change and improvement which takes time to adapt to.

Advice to Management

Keep improving, expanding and hiring great people.

Venquis2020-01-14
  2. "Refreshingly different place to work"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

With the newly introduced split model of delivery and sales this gives you the opportunity as a recruiter to truly become an expert at your role with the full backing of experienced colleagues and in house training. You may hear about the hours needed to work, but advice to anyone coming into recruitment would be that is standard in the industry to achieve the highest level of reward from the role.

Cons

I am in my early stages here so truly for now not much I could say in regards to this, which sounds cliche.

Advice to Management

Continue with the support and encouragement of your staff which in a sales environment is key to every achieving what they want from the role.

Venquis2020-01-14
  3. "Truly collaborative workplace environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great working culture everyone gives 100%. - Great Training and Mentoring system. - Opportunities to grow internally - Company wide trips - Supportive of goals and ambitions - Convenient location - Supportive environment. Everyone works together!

Cons

Long working hours, though is to be expected in an industry where persistence is key. Work hard and you will reap rewards!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's evidently a proven recipe.

Venquis2019-10-23
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly and professional working environment. There is lots of opportunities for growth and to be flexible.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Venquis2019-10-15
  5. "Collaborative Environment - Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Venquis is a great place to work for. From the first day I could see the supportive culture. It is a very mature place where you have the chance to prove yourself on your performance. The floor is very driven and everyone is works very well off one another.

Cons

I would advise bring your own coffee ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you`re doing!

Venquis2019-10-09
  6. "An amazing restructure with a unique proposition - Sales & Delivery"

Current Employee - Senior Client Solution Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The UK Sales Director who bleeds positivity into his sales/delivery teams by really "leading by example" and constantly coaching and developing staff. - Personally speaking, having been here for almost 4.5 years I've seen the evolution of the Venquis "transformation" really positioning ourselves as not just a recruiter but a top partner across Change and Transformation and I (as have others) have learnt a lot during this change. - New restructure which allows us to target ourselves on being focused on either two directions "Sales" or "Delivery" with a clear 180 specialised vision in providing our customers with the best possible service. Having seen the model gradually mature I'm noticing careers develop not just professionally but also financially. - if your looking for a company with a wealth of accounts and a proven model which allows you to target your career then look no further.

Cons

Change can be hard to achieve so be patient with some people

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time into the restructure as it's a clear benefit.

Venquis2019-09-03
  7. "Fast Paced Fun"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Venquis is a friendly environment with a lot of different characters which makes it a fun place to work. The opportunities that are given to you are quite astonishing. Even during the 12 week academy period, which teaches you everything needed to get started within the recruitment world, you are handed roles to fill giving you the chance to make money straight away.

Cons

Long hours are common but that is recruitment as a whole.

Advice to Management

Less hypocrisy about what KPI's should be stuck to. Dial outs and calls should always be high but not at the expense of results.

Venquis2019-08-13
  8. "Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England

I worked at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is excellent, everyone is willing to help and there is always a buz in the office. The company is expanding and have excellent opportunities for staff to grow. The accadamy done by James is excellent I have been involved in sales for over 10 years and its the best training I've had. If you are looking for a place to stay busy, meet some great people, Learn a lot and earn a lot then this is the one. I worked in the Bristol office with Scott as my manager who was excellent always there the help.

Cons

No cons for me unfortunately my health took a turn and was not able to give my full energy to the company so I decided to step down but they were very supportive

Venquis2019-07-29
  9. "Forward Thinking, Supportive, Collaborative and Fun!"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the company just over 3 months ago as a complete newbie to the world of recruitment. The training academy is fantastic, it gives you all the tools you need but encourages you to interpret and utilise them in your own way. Venquis is one of the friendliest places I have been fortunate enough to work at. No question is silly, there are no wrong answers. Everyone is on board to help and wants you to be a success! There are so many opportunities to really make your role your own, put in the work and you will see the results!

Cons

None from my side. If you are given the opportunity to become part of the team, take it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Venquis2019-07-04
  10. "Brilliant place to work"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Venquis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The academy is great and sets you up with the tools required to succeed. The atmosphere and the culture is brilliant and was very easy to fit into (I joined around 3 months ago).

Cons

None for me at all!

Venquis2019-05-28