60% would recommend to a friend
(105 total reviews)
84% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great culture" (in 10 reviews)
- "The accadamy done by James is excellent I have been involved in sales for over 10 years and its the best training I've had." (in 10 reviews)
- "Great people with a vibrant atmosphere which doesnt sacrifce enjoyment for hardwork, it maintains a healthy balance between making work enjoyable and challenging." (in 10 reviews)
- "Very tech savvy with a modern view of the way people want to work and has remained agile in order to maximise opportunities as and when they present themselves." (in 4 reviews)
- "The atmosphere is great, and my team is the best I've ever worked in." (in 4 reviews)
- "On busy times it can be long hours but this is expected and you get out what you put in." (in 6 reviews)
- "Racism and misogynistic behaviours are overlooked, and those individuals are often shielded by upper management from repercussion." (in 4 reviews)
- "Long hours are common but that is recruitment as a whole." (in 4 reviews)
- "most inspiring leaders have left due to poor TL commission structure and long term opportunities" (in 3 reviews)
Found 105 of over 109 reviews
Updated 5 Jul 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.023 May 2023BI AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLeicester, England
+ A work hard, play hard atmosphere + Clear progression routes and training opportunities + Genuine desire across the business for personal growth and success for everyone
- Very intense work, not for everybody!
- 2.03 Jun 2023Delivery ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLeicester, England
- Training is comprehensive - Some welcoming individuals - Good commission structure
- Racism and misogynistic behaviours are overlooked, and those individuals are often shielded by upper management from repercussion. - Process is fickle and changes are made every other week, therefore difficult to get settled. - Team leaders are often not very experienced recruiters so professional development can stagnate - Incestious relationship between staff members which leads to a strange dynamic within the office - Expected to do overtime unpaid and if you refuse, this can often lead to management doubting your loyalty to the company and making your life difficult. - Culture is toxic.4
- 1.012 Jun 2023Delivery ConsultantFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The plants are taken care of better than the workers.
- Illegal forced overtime - Bullying and harassment to cover management failings - Zero communication around training changes. - Policy U-turns on a whim and with workers expected to make up any and all shortfall. - No support. - Roles worked end up shooting blindly, management actively altering CVs to force candidates into roles they aren’t fit for. -Hollow KPI output mentality over real results and honesty. - Managers closing ranks and blaming their own staff for working how they’ve been trained. - Ignore all these fake positive reviews… management tell new starters to write them and question their loyalty if they don’t write anything.3
- 1.010 Jun 2023Delivery ConsultantCurrent Employee
None- absolutely not one thing
Racism, misogyny and inexperienced management and a truly awful place to work! Drink and drugs culture is awful! Sexual violence comments made about past and present female members of staff is disgusting, this is coming from a “pod lead” who is highly protected for some reason! Bullying culture, if you don’t get involved with social events then your commitment to the company is questioned! Hours are shocking also, you finish at 6 but if you leave at 6 you are frowned upon and made to feel awkward, they stay from 7am to 8/9pm so if you have your own life or a family this job is not for you!3
- 4.013 Jun 2023Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee
Great training opportunities and a chance to grow within a recruitment firm which operates within different markets and verticals across the UK and Europe. There's a fantastic team culture with everyone going out on a Friday after the sales meeting. Where everyone gets to know each other better, creating a better atmosphere within the business.
There are long hours, so if you are no prepared to put the effort in you will not see the rewards. It is the same as any other job, you get out what you put in. It is a sales job so there are also targets, so there is pressure.
- 1.08 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Honestly I don't have any positives about this place, some of the people are really nice but anyone in a management position is toxic and expects people to run themselves into the ground to prop up their toxic culture.
No respect for people, their health, safety or wellbeing. Micromanaging to the point of ineffective work patterns Boys club culture - rumours of private chats about female employees No respect for work life balance the minimum expectation is to work yourself to death pulling 12 hour days is a standard Everyone is miserable2
- 5.015 May 2023Senior Delivery ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLeicester, England
Having been employed in the contact centre industry for a while i can say with confidence that Venquis is the best role in the city. Great location, office, training, career progression - no shift work or weekends - oh and the salary is 20% higher.
Recruitment is more challenging that normal contact centre work however the rewards are better. If you want to just turn up and go home then this is not the career for you. Encouraged to self learn in addition to the ongoing training.
- 4.023 May 2023Client Solutions ConsultantCurrent Employee
- I joined as a sales consultant with a small amount of experience and over the last 3 years i have built a life changing business. - We are a tight knitted team and the environment is what has built such a successful business. - Great earning potential and strong support to get everyone there. - Good incentives/rewards schemes for hitting targets. - Get to travel abroad every single 6 weeks for face to face meetings. - Full flexibility on how to build my business in my working style.
- Hard work - Sometimes have to sacrifice longer hours and work into evenings.
- 5.023 May 2023Pod LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Hungry, Driven, workforce with motivation to push themselves & each other forward. Support network for people (like myself) coming in to the business with no experience of recruitment to succeed. Unity across all departments and geographies within the company. The Leicester Hub is located in the best offices in the area. A really modern, professional & impressive place to work.
Not necessarily a con for those that want to get out what they put in, but it's a high performance, high intensity environment where you do really get out what you put in.
- 5.023 May 2023Pod LeadCurrent Employee
I came to Venquis with no recruitment experience. Venquis taught me the full recruitment process and helped support me to achieve my goals. They offered me a clear progression plan and a step by step process on how I can achieve it! I would highly recommend Venquis!
The growth and success with Venquis only comes with the amount of work and determination you put in. This can be a con for anyone looking for an easy 9-5 job.
Venquis Reviews FAQs
Venquis has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Venquis to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
60% of Venquis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Venquis 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.