Venquis Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Nov 23, 2020

Found 8 of over 81 reviews

4.5
Venquis Group MD  Steve Garner (no image)
Steve Garner
Pros
  • "I believe that Venquis' success is an outcome of all the hard work and a sound and thought through vision(in 8 reviews)

• "If you are looking for a place to stay busy, meet some great people, Learn a lot and earn a lot then this is the one(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It’s a tough industry (but I’d much rather be at Venquis than anywhere else(in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours (any recruitment job), commute for me as I'm outside of London but there is an option to work from home(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Forward thinking, positive, ambitious business

Nov 23, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Management on board to keep the business growing and moving in a positive direction - Managed to retain a hard-working, fun culture during the Covid home-working period - Some very talented people in the business to learn from

Cons

- Early starts and late finishes but that is standard in recruitment

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Plenty of opportunities.... grab them.

Feb 11, 2019 - Support Team in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard work and originality are rewarded and recognised.... it's what was promised when I interviewed to join the business in 2018, and has definitely been the case - I was promoted after 7 months. We all join businesses for different reasons, mine is always to make a genuine difference.. it's what makes me proud... and at Venquis you have the autonomy and platform to do things better. I think the environment suits dynamic, self-starters, who want to take their career into their own hands. Annual company trips (this year to Lisbon), sports day, free yoga, boxing, personal training and loads of other fun stuff are regularly organised which keep us all happy and healthy.

Cons

Venquis turns 8 years old this month - which makes us a young, agile, dynamic business, but we are still evolving and working on tightening up internal processes and procedures for example.

Venquis Response

Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review us and your journey so far. Congratulations on your promotion! It's great to hear that in the true Venquis spirit you are here to make a difference and help us on our journey, to becoming smarter, faster and better at everything we do. As you mentioned we are continuing to improve all processes across the business and hopefully you will have already started to see the benefits of these changes.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Couldn't have asked for a better start to my professional career!

Feb 6, 2019 - Marketing Assistant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Venquis for nearly 3 years and one of the things that I have appreciated the most is the culture. Venquis has worked hard to build a great internal brand and strong culture. The company has a flat structure, which means the environment is very open and honest. Operations and Sales work very closely together meaning that everyone is always offering help and support, enabling everyone to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. The hard-working culture at Venquis means that not only are you rewarded throughout the year through various incentives and team nights out but an annual company weekend away is organised.

Cons

Sales consultants are encouraged to be out of the office meeting candidates and clients, so sometime the office can feel quiet.

Venquis Response

Head of Talent Acquisition

It's great to hear we've helped you spring-board your graduate career and we really appreciate you taking the time out to review our business. We are proud to offer an annual company trip that the whole business is invited to, it's important that we reward everyone that plays a part in making our business the success that it is, whether you're in the sales team or operations. We do encourage our consultants to be out of the office building exclusive relationships with candidates and clients as this is how trusted relationships are built. This can leave the sales floor quieter sometimes. With the new structure of the business communication will continue to improve.

4. 5.0

Venquis Recruitment

Jan 24, 2019 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My journey so far at Venquis has been the most productive 6 months I’ve had in my career. I had been advised by friends (who already have a career in recruitment) for a few years to join to the industry and finally made the jump. I have a sales background and was already in a job but I was just cruising and probably quite bored, I was looking for a fast paced sales environment where I could learn quickly through extensive training and support, and that is exactly what I got. From the day I joined the 13 week academy I have been supported every day and guided on how to progress. Even after passing the academy the training continues with the Sales Director, putting on hourly sessions teaching our consultants how to become better recruiters. To anyone considering a career in recruit you need to have a good work ethic, but just as importantly you need to be trained and guided on how to get the most out of that hard work. You will find this a Venquis. Pros: Training Guidance Great Culture

Cons

The feeling of missing out on a placement

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee

High performance business

Apr 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people, hard working and personable. Fun office environment balanced with strong drive for results and success. 13-week initial training process.

Cons

Further/additional training a little infrequent, though performance monitored closely which helps identify strengths and areas for improvment.

6. 5.0

High Performance Culture

Oct 14, 2015 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After finishing my degree I chose to follow a career in recruitment because I always wanted to work in a fast-paced environment, where the challenges I faced enabled me to grow both personally and professionally and where your hard-work is really acknowledged. I chose to work for Venquis because the 13 week training academy, run by a true expert, enabled me to experience an accelerated development to a 360 consultant and become an expert in my field. I have been provided with continuous support every step of the way, and am confident this will continue. The atmosphere is great, and my team is the best I've ever worked in. Becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Business change and transformation space Venquis is the company to work for.

Cons

Its an very hard industry to work in, but the rewards are definitely worth it.

7. 5.0

Invest in their talent

Jun 20, 2014 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

One to one and group coaching is given to all new recruiters in the 'Venquis Training Academy' with training on how to become a specialist in your market, and become a full 360 recruiter. Lots of team spirit, supportive and positive atmosphere, always pushing to succeed and be the best. Hard work is not only rewarded, but also respected. Everyone is interesting, has their own style, and something about them.

Cons

Relatively new company (around 3 years old) - growing quickly, which makes the future uncertain

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employee/ Consultant - Germany

Oct 7, 2015 - Venquis Consultant Germany in Munich, Bavaria
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never regretted my choice to join Venquis. I knew from the start that they are different to other recruitment companies - and I was right! Recruitment can be a challenging and though environment so being trained, motivated, and supported along the way is vital. Venquis provides exactly this. My 3 month training (academy) along with other recent new starters was being taken care of by a performance manager with a wealth of experience and great teaching skills. The overall atmosphere here is very professional but personal, which also reflects in the fact that people tend to stay on - one even knows the CEO's. I believe that Venquis' success is an outcome of all the hard work and a sound and thought through vision. I am really excited about my future at Venquis - who offered me a great career opportunity just after I completed the academy> a relocation to their office in Munich (Germany)

Cons

Long working hours but at least you are all in this together - plus it does pay off.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews