Virgin America "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin America Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated 19 Sep 2018

4.0
Virgin America CEO C. David Cush
C. David Cush
Pros
  • "Flight Benefits , Health Insurance & 401 Match(in 44 reviews)

• "This position is great if you like dealing with the public and travel benefits(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay and youre based in san francisco out of training and can not afford to live there with the horrible pay starting out(in 23 reviews)

• "Crashpads are tough and Alaska Airlines is talking over so the company culture is dying(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Flight Attendent"

I worked at Virgin America full-time

Pros

travel, meet new people. start your work day in one city and end it in a different one

Cons

low pay and youre based in san francisco out of training and can not afford to live there with the horrible pay starting out. other than that, its a very fun job

Virgin America2018-09-20
  2. "Part Time Guest Services"

Former Employee - Guest Services
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Virgin America part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flight benefits. Everyone is really nice. Its a great place to meet people. Benefits are offered for part timers which is great!

Cons

Low, low pay. Union dues. This is a great job for someone who lives at home and doesn’t pay rent or is married and has a solid income from your significant other. No one can survive on this job as a living career. 5 (4 hour shifts) near impossible to find another flexible part time job as you bid on shifts by seniority. No time to use the flying benefits and when you do, you can’t afford anything!

Virgin America2018-01-09

"Low pay/No time to use travel benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers. VA seems to know how to find the best personalities.

Cons

Very low pay for employees. Very hard to find time to use travel benefits. Expensive health benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your Customer Service Agents more!!! Make it easier to take time off to use the benefits.

Virgin America2017-12-27

"Working here is a COMPLETE waste of your time, trust me!"

Former Employee - Guest Services Teammate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virgin America full-time

Pros

- "Travel Perks" - "nice" coworkers Why the quotations, I'll explain below

Cons

-low pay ($14.47) for an overload of work and constant yelling from guests -hours are terrible, will have to work here for a long while until you can get the schedule that you want so expect to work either really early in the morning (4-6am) or late in the evening (3pm). -sure some of the coworkers are nice, BUT just when you think you're making good friends ha nobody is a friend here; it's almost laughable. -travel perks only good when you can go on your days off, which I can tell you will not be a weekend so good luck trying to travel with someone. AND WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: If you're traveling with a travel companion (who is not your parents or spouse or children, i.e. domestic partner, significant other, friend, even grandma, etc.), you will get imputed taxed, which means that IT'S REALLY NOT FREE. It's FREE* (* for fine prints). -even with your day off, you'll only be able to go somewhere for 1 day, 1.5 day if you're lucky. -good luck trying to get people to trade or cover you when you want to travel longer or on say a weekend (for those of you with bf/gfs that have normal work schedules). Need an idea of how shady people are here? Example: I asked someone who I thought was nice and everything, if she/he didn't mind switching one of their days off with one of mines. His/Her response: Thursday's are more work you know, I should get another of your days off. -last but not least, they're merging with Alaska Airlines, and so far, it's going downhill; most people have already left because of this. What am I trying to say? ALL-IN-ALL, none of this is worth the perks and stress.

Advice to Management

Bad management, need to learn how to respect and treat their employees better. Honestly it's so corporate, they don't even care about you and will go to every extent to depreciate you.

Virgin America2017-09-24

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Guest Services Teammate in Austin, TX

I worked at Virgin America part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free tickets with airline Nice uniforms with nice colors San Francisco is a nice city for a headquarters You can travel often

Cons

Bad management Low pay Hard to work up in company Favoritism Unstable due to high turnovers No organization Point systems

Advice to Management

If you want to move up in the company you need to move to San Francisco, yet virgin won't pay you enough to live comfortably there. Virgin has a terrible work culture and being fake is a common trend here. You're not trained very well for your job, you're just expected to know everything beforehand. They get angry with you for not understanding something you were never trained for (SABER). All of your co workers, or supervisors won't be afraid to throw you under the bus since everyone is only afraid of protecting their own jobs.

Virgin America2017-08-03

"Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our Customers LOVE us. Our service is over the top!

Cons

There is always a conflict between corporate and on the line employees. Low pay!!!

Advice to Management

Pay us fairly and treat us fairly.

Virgin America2017-07-21
  7. "Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Virgin America full-time

Pros

co-workers, culture, travel benefits, health benefits

Cons

low pay, not much room for advancement

Virgin America2017-06-24

"Brand Manager"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Burlingame, CA

I worked at Virgin America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are awesome, culture is great, travel perks, great brand and product, overall opportunities and life experiences - both internal and external.

Cons

Alaska Airlines acquisition, low pay.

Virgin America2017-04-24

"Flight Attendant (Inflight Team Member)"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Virgin America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Travel benefits, work culture, uniforms

Cons

Low pay and poor work rules for inflight crew (cabin crew). You're at the mercy of crew scheduling.

Advice to Management

More guidance and support for inflight crew

Virgin America2017-05-09

"It's been a great experience so far...."

GST in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Virgin America for less than a year

Pros

This position is great if you like dealing with the public and travel benefits. People you work with turn into family.

Cons

Pay is low and hours can be long during the busy season. You work very close with coworkers... could be a blessing or a curse.

Virgin America2017-02-21