Virgin Holidays Limited Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 February 2019

3.5
Joe Thompson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "free flights - great staff travel" (in 10 reviews)

• "Supportive management team, great development, great incentives, overseas trips, great staff travel benefits" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Constant restructures leave you rebuilding relationships with line managers and senior management every few months" (in 11 reviews)

• "Changing of part time hours leave or do the hours we demand, even if staff have been here for 10 years" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time

Pros

Great travel benefits, great commission structure , great team to work with

Cons

Not flexible when changing shifts

"Huge Improvement"

Current Employee - Contact Center Agent in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive environment
    Support from most management
    Flexibility with shifts
    Amazing incentives, work trips and of course travel perks.

Cons

Area Managers very hit and miss. You may be very lucky or very unlucky. Recent resuffle unfortunately left some bad eggs who should not be there! Awful pay. If you don't intent to use your perks go elsewhere. Not many opportunities to progress.

Advice to Management

Get rid of certain awful Area Managers!
    Other than that, higher management are amazing, keep doing what you're doing!

30 Jan 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate the time that you have taken to place your feedback. At Virgin Holidays we review all comments we receive on Glassdoor and share those with the senior... More

3. "Down Hill Fast"

Current Employee - Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flight concessions
    Some nice people to work with

Cons

Area Managers
    Progression
    Equality
    Unfair treatment

Advice to Management

Stop reshuffling every few years.
    Team leaders worked, too many people to report into now.
    New Area Managers better than team leaders who were promoted to the role.
    Certain area managers seem to spend more time outside having a cigarette and gossip and numerous times no one around to help.
    Coaches assist more day to day and seem to be only ones visible at all times.
    Same people recognised no consistency and unfair to many.
    No one seems to understand commission structure and goal post is always changing.

1 Feb 2019 – Head of Customer Centre

At Virgin Holidays we review all comments we receive on Glassdoor and share those with the senior management team. We strive to learn from feedback and improve the business so thank you for your... More

4. "Unclear"

Current Employee - Personal Holiday Advisor in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Travel concessions and vibrant front line staff.

Cons

Constant restructures leave you rebuilding relationships with line managers and senior management every few months. These new managers always have very little understanding of the business or contact centre. Best line manager of my career has recently left, replaced by young lady with zero managerial experience or politeness.

Advice to Management

Stop changing everything so often.

30 Jan 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

As you mentioned we did in the Summer of 2018 introduce a new management structure with the aim of delivering equal focus on driving... More

5. "Incredible company"

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career progression, fun rewarding environment

Cons

Hard work but the rewards and benefits speak for themselves

1 Feb 2019 – Recruiter

I’ve read your review with interest. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts

6. "Manipulation all round"

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flights, flights and flights
    Also Coaching Team - the actual coaches.

Cons

Managers make their own rules
    No consistency
    Too many people trying to make it like retail
    Unfair treatment

Advice to Management

Stop letting managers manipulte stats. Certain teams lines changed on last day of sale to make them hit, affected other teams and their payouts - completely unfair and surely a cause for HR?!

Rules made for favourites and others just left.
    Area Mangers constantly out smoking and not caring about people - spend more time with us and less time in meetings and gossiping.
    Unfair stats to give out places on winners trips - never an explanation.
    Coaches are great - should be promoted always have time for us and willing to help.
    Trading boxes unfair and not consistent - teams left earning less due to being in destinations?

Certain individuals allowed to get away with behaviour others get punished for.

7. "Call Centre"

Current Employee - Call Centre Sales Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited part-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing. 5 free flights a year. Lots of training at our destinations. New management team are brilliant. Breath of fresh air, who care about us and not just what we bring in for the company. The head of department is the best thing to happen to us. He has made some big changes some good some bad but been honest with us and I trust everything is for the right reason. My new Area Manager has come from outside holidays and is brilliant.

Cons

Hours are long and pressure for sales is sometimes very tough.

Advice to Management

Don’t change the Customer Centre management team. Keep doing what your doing.

8. "Best Decision I ever made!"

Current Employee - Customer Centre in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, care about the people, Development, Coaching, Friendly

Cons

If you don’t like to work hard and are lazy don’t bother applying!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Swansea, Wales
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant training, fun business to work for, amazing perks and educational trips to enhance your knowledge.

Cons

can sometimes work alone in retail stores on certain days

10. "Manager"

I have been working at Virgin Holidays Limited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Powerful Brand, Great Customers, Amazing Products and a real sense of Teamwork... Clear goals and objectives, great commission structure and industry leading benefits... You really do feel valued...

Cons

Can be tough with sales but that is the industry as a whole... Stong and determined individuals will be able to make this con into a pro though :)

Advice to Management

Keep leading inspirationally... Continue communication and let’s all achieve together...