Virtual Vocations Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virtual Vocations Reviews

Updated Nov 29, 2018

Found 9 reviews

5.0
Virtual Vocations CEO Laura Spawn (no image)
Laura Spawn

"Great contract remote opportunity"

Former Contractor - Job Quality Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Virtual Vocations for less than a year

Pros

Remote friendly company, frequent communication, clear guidelines, and reviews that aim to help you improve. Many days there was extra work and an opportunity to earn extra money.

Cons

Some days there were draughts in work. Pay sometimes felt a little low to the work involved.

Virtual Vocations2018-11-30

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thanks for the kind words and the honest review. We take pride in maintaining a work environment that prioritizes results over hours spent, which helps us stay flexible. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to the management team!

"Amazing Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Contractor

I have been working at Virtual Vocations for less than a year

Pros

I found my place at Virtual Vocations after a few months of scrolling their site looking for the perfect job. I love working with all the wonderful people here and communicating daily on Slack. There is some flexibility with hours, which leaves time to take care of family matters, appointments, etc. Pay is extremely generous compared to other similar industries. I love helping people find telecommute jobs and every... day I feel like I'm contributing to something great!

Cons

Hours are often early so that we can get jobs posted for job seekers as soon as possible in the day. This is NOT a con for me since I'm an early bird, but it could be for some.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Virtual Vocations2018-06-30

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thanks so much for the kind words! We're so grateful for our AMAZING and hard-working contractors.

"A great place to work from home"

Current Contractor - JQS in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Virtual Vocations for less than a year

Pros

Engaging work that never feels routine.

Cons

Sometimes it feels as though some of our quality metrics come down to the QA member's interpretation, but constant ongoing revisions to the JQS guidelines is making this less of an issue as time passes.

Advice to Management

Never forget who you are, and continue to be the kind, supportive, and flexible folk you are even when VV is a massive company in the future!

Virtual Vocations2017-10-30

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thanks so much for the kind words! We'll be sure to pass your suggestions along to the team to ensure they've been addressed.

"Review from Contractor of 3 On and Off Years"

Current Contractor - JQS

I have been working at Virtual Vocations for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home. Flexible hours within reason. Easy job most days. Opportunity for overtime at times. Very communicative management team.

Cons

Work can get monotonous at times. Work not always available if you don't start early in the day.

Virtual Vocations2017-09-18

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Communication is key when you work remotely! Thanks for the kind words.

"6 Month Review"

Current Contractor - Job Quality Specialist

I have been working at Virtual Vocations for less than a year

Pros

Management is easy to work with. They are supportive and maintain very open communication. They realize what they do isn't easy and give you advice to help. The team is great to work with as well. My situation changed a few months into my contract, and rather than parting ways, they found a way to work with me and switch around a few things so that it was beneficial for everyone.

Cons

They pay is a little on the low side, but I use it as extra income, "play money" if you will.

Advice to Management

As you grow, offer more full time salaried positions.

Virtual Vocations2017-09-19

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! We take pride in promoting flexibility and work-life balance among our contractors. I'll be sure to pass your advice on to management!

"Great Company, Great Management"

Former Contractor - Job Quality Specialist

I worked at Virtual Vocations

Pros

I enjoyed the training process and especially the open communication from management and leads. It is overall a positive and encouraging environment.

Cons

I don't have any cons really, this job is what you make it. On occasion the job leads are low, so to make sure you meet the quota, it is best to start early.

Virtual Vocations2017-09-10

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

We're so glad to hear your experience with Virtual Vocations has been a positive one. Thanks for the kind words!

"Job Quality Specialist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Virtual Vocations

Pros

Ability to work from home Very friendly co-workers and management Relaxed work environment Management is very open to feedback

Cons

The work is very repetitive

Virtual Vocations2017-09-20

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

"Great team to work with!"

Former Freelancer - JQS

I worked at Virtual Vocations

Pros

Work from home, lots of communication and support from a diverse group of people with sense of humor. Pay depends on your expertise in the contracted work.

Cons

Set hours and quota, not too much to ask but can throw a wrench in for those who need flexibility.

Virtual Vocations2017-09-17

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thank you for the kind words! We take pride in having a diverse group of talented contractors on our team, and we're continuing to try to find ways to make our positions more flexible and family-friendly. Thanks for being a part of our team!

"Great Company!"

Current Contractor - Team Lead

I have been working at Virtual Vocations for more than a year

Pros

The management are great, the team is fun and fantastic to work with, the completely virtual company structure is awesome (yoga pants ALL DAY!), and I greatly appreciate the flexibility offered by Virtual Vocations.

Cons

The pay scale is on the low side.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, I would love to see more salaried employee opportunities with benefit options.

Virtual Vocations2017-09-06

May 10, 2019Public Relations Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! We strive to be as flexible as possible -- and we'll always be #TeamYogaPants. I'll be sure to pass your advice to management along. :)

Found 9 reviews