Visa Inc. Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 5 reviews

3.9
Visa Inc. CEO Charlotte Hogg
Charlotte Hogg

"Lots of change, lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Reading, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

No lack of resources; senior management willing to change; plenty to do to make your mark

Cons

Many individuals resistant to change; lots of process to follow (hard for some)

Advice to Management

At present, too early to offer advice

Visa Inc.2012-06-19
  2. "Good place to work but changing"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. for more than 8 years

Pros

Payments is a really interesting industry...but it moves very slowly and there are some technical aspects that take years to understand

Cons

Visa is changing... slowly. The US influence is growing and that is good in some ways less good in others.

Advice to Management

Blend the best of the European culture with the US influence

Visa Inc.2017-02-01
  3. "Senior manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visa Inc. for more than a year

Pros

Lots of travel. Meeting with main banks stakeholders and Visa teams abroad.

Cons

Very slow decision maker. And at the time senior executives were detached from reality. Most of them have since been dismissed,

Advice to Management

None. Visa Europe has been bought by Visa Inc...

Visa Inc.2016-11-14

"Massive potential, wasted"

Current Employee - Delivery Director in Reading, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance often good Salary acceptable Many talented colleagues Occasional interesting work Excellent brand to have on the CV Pleasant HQ environment conveniently located near Paddington station

Cons

Awful progression - no transparency, riddled with nepotism and politics, not a meritocracy Political fiefdoms - kingdom building by senior managers enforcing silo culture and inefficiency Crushing bureaucracy - decision paralysis, ultra-slow progress on projects, highly change resistant Committee-laden - no personal accountability / responsibility in senior management

Advice to Management

The current cull should be focused on removing the instigators of the current not-working culture, and replacing them with new blood (whether from within or more likely outside the organisation). Only then can a new operating model for the organisation be built, and only then is it worth restructuring to meet the needs of the new operating model.

Visa Inc.2014-04-04

"Bloated and political"

Current Employee - Delivery Director in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance If you don't care about a career, come from a public sector background, spend your spare time on parish councils or have heavy commitments outside of work you'll love it here. The only way is up

Cons

Highly political Very bureaucratic No career advancement Visa's solution for ridiculously excessive layers of management is to add even more layers of management Virtual monopoly and member association means that there is a distinct lack of commercial drive.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the concensus management. Float the company. Sack 90% of the VPs. Adopt modern processes and practices. Stop relying on contractors and consultancies. You'd be amazed how much quicker stuff can be delivered.

Visa Inc.2012-10-20

"Great Place to have a meaningful carrer"

Current Employee - Director in Bangalore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're starting your career or if you're climbing the corporate stairs towards mid-management, VISA should be your employer of choice.

Cons

Make sure you have good relationships and you'll continue to do great in this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do the best.

Visa Inc.2019-06-30

July 2, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for this positive review! We certainly aim to foster a culture at Visa where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and lead. It’s people like you that will continue to evolve our culture and help make Visa a great workplace.

"Steady and reliable place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Foster City, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bonus reliably paid out each year. People are usually friendly and cooperative to work alongside.

Cons

Not a great place for career advancement - senior levels jobs are being cut and a lot of the remaining openings are filled with external candidates.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people - train, develop and promote from within

Visa Inc.2019-05-22

May 28, 2019The Visa Team

Happy to hear that there were many good things you experienced during your time at Visa. We appreciate your input. We are invested in the growth and development of every employee - fostering a positive workplace where everyone can thrive. We’ve made education assistance, management ...

8. "Solid mature company"

Current Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Mature company with huge market power behind it - There are different departments within Visa that can cater to many different interests that employees have - Solid pay that is comparable to what one would expect from a company of Visa's scale - but it won't make you rich - The company stock is doing well.. Clearly, the Senior Management is doing a good job. Unfortunately, mid level employees do not get much of...

Cons

- Sometimes need to navigate politics and bureaucracy.. Not unexpected from a large company. - Won't make you rich working here, but solid pay

Advice to Management

- Have an incubator program much like in Google, etc. where employees that want to innovate at a faster clip with the necessary support, but also get a share of the success

Visa Inc.2019-04-22

April 29, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing this positive review. We appreciate you sharing your experiences at Visa.

"Pays well but bad politics"

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good salary and work locations

Cons

Bad politics in management. Lack innovation and customer focus

Advice to Management

Focus on technology and customers. Treat employees better

Visa Inc.2019-04-15

April 22, 2019The Visa Team

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We wish you all the success in your future.

"Consistent Company that Seeks to Keep Pace with Change"

Current Employee - Director in Singapore

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Inner Mobility - Cultivates Talent - Flat Organization - Smart, Kind, Challenging Leadership - Values-oriented - Good Overall Mission - Excellent Benefits - Collaborative + Collegiality

Cons

- Leadership does not clearly articulate strategic priorities for the company to follow - Needs to strike a better balance between empowering local markets and driving a clear vision that they can properly execute - Diversity on board (mostly U.S.-Centric, which shows in how our competitors are out-pacing us around the world) - Though well-intended, would benefit from a President with more technology and international...

Visa Inc.2019-04-02

April 15, 2019The Visa Team

We appreciate you sharing about your experiences at Visa.

Found 5 reviews