Visa Inc. Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.9
Visa Inc. CEO Charlotte Hogg
Charlotte Hogg
  1. "Good culture, growing company"

Current Employee - Product Management in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart business model and business that continues to grow double digit YoY.

Cons

Processes are heavy and often slow.

September 9, 2019The Visa Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it’s an exciting time to be at Visa and we’re glad your experience has been positive. We appreciate your feedback – in order to keep up with the rapid pace of innovation and growth within our industry, we must be agile and we’re committed to processes that will help everyone do their best work.

"Visa Life"

Former Employee - Interchange Regulation Programmer Business Analyst in London, England

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time

Pros

I learnt a lot about the card payment sector

Cons

No downside from my perspective

September 9, 2019The Visa Team

Thanks for sharing your experience at Visa, we’re glad to see you had the opportunities to learn and develop in your role. We appreciate your feedback.

"Good place"

Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Paddington, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, freedom and working from home option if your manager accepts it, great benefits, amazing people to engage and cooperate with, a lot of opportunities, great work/life balance, highly recommending it.

Cons

If you do not have a good boss then you are not in luck to get the working from home, development in the company and trust culture. Unfortunately, HR is only listening to the higher seniority employees and if you are not in luck then forget about it to move your way up. You need to develop the right contacts in the company. HR IS USELESS, they do not treat their employees as they suppose to and that reflects due time.

September 9, 2019The Visa Team

Thanks for your review. We aim to foster a culture at Visa where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and lead and it’s great to hear that you were making the most of these opportunities. We’re sorry to hear about some of your other experiences at Visa - career growth, development, and ideas from all levels within the organization are certainly valued and everyone's contribution matters. We appreciate your feedback.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Operational Risk Manager in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best companies i have worked with. Great employee morale

Cons

I unfortunately have a line manager who is not interested in personal career advancement opportunities

September 9, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us! We want to support your long-term career goals at Visa and managers should provide opportunities that not only challenge but grow your skill set. Thanks for this feedback and we encourage you to share this feedback with your manager.

"Change for the worse"

Former Employee - Finance in London, England

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Holiday allowance and pension benefit

Cons

Very bad work-life balance culture, some teams work much longer hours than others. No option of flexible working. Career progression is impossible as there is no such thing as promotion. New roles only go to outsiders.

June 21, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We believe that work/life balance is important and we continue to foster a flexible work environment that supports you to take time away you need. We encourage employees to address their concerns in a conversation with their managers who can help find the right balance and develop a clear career growth plan.

6. "Shift Work"

Former Employee - Open Systems Engineer in Basingstoke, England

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Personable managers. Great location. Working environment.

Cons

The shift pattern. Lack of free reign when resolving issues. Too many managers.

June 21, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We aim to be a workplace where people can act decisively and be enabled and inspired to test and learn from the thoughtful and innovative risks we take.

"Implementation Manager - working in London office"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great ethos Diverse culture Good Development structure for employees Employees able to change jobs to pursue career paths Wellbeing & Fitness balance is good Work/Life balance exists with Telecommuting and Flexible working hours

Cons

Can be a bit slow with deploying new Products but has definitely improved a lot from last year

April 15, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for sharing about your experiences at Visa. Great to see it’s been so positive!

8. "Visa Europe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Willing to promote from within and let people move departments Easy to believe in their mission and vision Fast paced technology change

Cons

Poor project methodology post-Visa Inc acquisition

June 21, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for the positive review! We endeavour to foster a culture at Visa where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and lead. It’s great to hear that you had positive experiences during your time at Visa. We appreciate your feedback.

9. "Exciting times at Visa"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Passionate about our clients, employees, careers, doing the right thing. It’s an exciting time at Visa and there are a lot of great initiatives happening to drive success across Europe.

Cons

Pretty obsessed with processes which can slow things down at times.

June 21, 2019The Visa Team

Thank you for this great review! We are glad to hear about your positive experiences at the company. Thank you for your feedback.

10. "Quick bullet point review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at Visa Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance Good pay and benefits

Cons

Dated tech Modernisation plan not well implemented

June 21, 2019The Visa Team

Glad you’re enjoying work life balance – that’s important! In order to keep up with the rapid pace of innovation and growth within our industry, we must be agile and we’re committed to fostering an environment that supports it. We have a dedicated taskforce in place working to improve and enhance internal tools and technologies. Thank you for your feedback.

Found 1746 reviews