Vistage Worldwide Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2020

2.9
Vistage Worldwide Chief Executive Officer Sam Reese
Sam Reese
Pros
  • "The contracted Chairs are mostly great people and so genuinely interested in helping their clients(in 18 reviews)

• "Very flexible with an understanding of work-life balance, yet requires results from each staff member(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Private equity structure is not sustainable, their is limited growth and pricing power to continue to roll the company every 3-5 years(in 6 reviews)

• "However, they are dedicated to supporting the chair community and their members(in 4 reviews)

1. "Senior management have killed the culture"

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great teams, lower level employees genuinely want to help and are trying their best, middle-management do what they can and really care but their hands are tied. Nice offices.

Cons

Senior management just don't seem to care about anything. Suppliers often not paid for months on end - no one seems to care. No one will help. Long term, valuable employees are very unhappy and at risk of leaving. Again, no one cares. Key staff members leave and are not replaced - the work is simply shifted to other already overworked team members with no pay increase to match the new levels of responsibility. The general assumption is that Vistage want people to leave and are trying to reduce the office to the absolute bare minimum of employees. The service levels have dropped considerably from 4 or 5 years ago. HR provision is shocking. Again, it seems that they just do not care. This used to be a great company to work with.

"Chair"

VISTAGE Group Chairman
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vistage Worldwide

Pros

You are supported by great marketing events and promotional material.

Cons

It's autocratic, the role and training is robotic and process driven. It feels like a pyramid sell.

Vistage Worldwide Response

Director, HR and Employee Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Vistage is committed to continuous improvement and creating an environment which enables success. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly so we can more fully understand your concerns and how we can best address them. If you would be so kind, please send an email to mary.hoffman@vistage.com so that we can set up a time to talk.

"Not Good"

Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time

Pros

New building and great campus.

Cons

Too many to list here.

"Caveat Emptor"

Current Employee - Vistage Chair

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Chair community and Members are amazing.

Cons

Corporate are deceitful, using bait & switch techniques to recruit. Old, white, rich men - lacking diversity. It's like the real life version of Mad Men.

"Culture"

Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people in the field

Cons

Top management has poisonous culture

"Toxic Culture"

I worked at Vistage Worldwide

Pros

New build is nice even though commuting to the area is terrible.

Cons

HR does not protect employees.

"Majorly disorganized, unfocused, broken"

2.0

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Solid benefits -Nice office perks/activities -The office building is bright and modern with a view of the ocean -Standing desks and laptops are provided -Company is for the most part flexible and respectful of work-life balance -If you're looking for a place to just coast along, you can probably get away with it here -Might be able to negotiate a decent salary during the hiring process

Cons

-Most disorganized place I have worked -Most confusing place I have worked - Nothing is intuitive yet you are expected to learn Vistage's broken systems (the way they use Salesforce is a perfect example) -Constant pivoting, trying to reinvent the wheel because most departments don't know how to measure their activities/track KPIs -Very weak analytics - no way to visualize data in intuitive formats, so how are we supposed to track our performance? -Roles are not well-defined. It's not clear who is supposed to be responsible for what and you will be ordered to do tasks outside of your job description that don't make sense. The review that said "people are frantic" is spot-on. -Most employees can't even tell you what Vistage does because they never get a chance to see the model at work. Requests to attend Vistage events to better understand the company's purpose go ignored. -Too many ideas being pursued at once - basically nothing that gets started gets finished -Departments are extremely siloed and trying to collaborate effectively is near impossible -People are fake-nice to your face but will gossip as soon as your back is turned. I never feel comfortable trusting or confiding in anyone -No sense of community/strong culture -SO MANY disorganized meetings that start late, end late, and lead to more problems rather than solutions -Too many positions with inflated titles that don't contribute -HR too inexperienced to fix the systemic company issues -All this boils down to the company not meeting its goals, leading to low company morale and severe employee retention issues

"Love the Mission"

4.0
    Current Employee - Unknown

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great community, hard working co-workers who care about the members and Chairs. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Executive Leadership turnover, employee turnover in general has been an issue. This company is used as a stepping stone for many.

9. "Progressive and exciting company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Consulting Services Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Vistage Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company to work for. Most everyone you talk to on a daily basis is a CEO of a company and they share with you how they see themselves growing professionally and how they view taking their business to the next level and you have solutions you can take to them that will truly help them grow. The people you work with are excellent and work as a team well. Company benefits are fairly strong and there is access to a company gym. You build some incredible experience working with CEOs all day long and they are nice people.

Cons

It is fast paced and you can't be afraid of change as the company will pivot at times.

"Was great once upon a time."

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vistage Worldwide

Pros

Used to to be a mission drive organization with very talented committed people in the ranks.

Cons

Now it is a money grab drive by a perpetual passing of investors trying to cash in on the model. It is disorganized. The structure has been trimmed to the point they can’t support the core delivery of the business. The business exists to service an ever increasing debt load and money grabbing over lords.

Found 81 reviews