Vocalink Global Reviews

Updated 16 Nov 2019

2.9
Vocalink Global CEO Amelia Rodriquez  (no image)
Amelia Rodriquez
  1. "Part time very limited hours. Long drives, no payment for gas nor mileage"

Current Employee - Medical Interpreter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Vocalink Global part-time for more than a year

Pros

You select your assignments, get paid for "no-shows", meet a lot of interesting people, work at different locations

Cons

Assignments have been cut drastically since July 2019. Before you could cover assignments that went on for several hours. Now the most we get is for 2 hours. If you can make 5 hours a week, that's a lot.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vocalink Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule flexible

Cons

Long drive between appointments gas money

3. "Great People"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vocalink Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistently trying to expand/find more clients resulting in consistent work, never boring, professional, team-oriented, small company

Cons

Communication needs improvement, benefits are minimal, small company, promises made and seldom kept

Vocalink Global Response

May 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! One of Vocalink Global's company values is "We Continuously Improve." Feedback like yours definitely helps us pinpoint areas where we can focus our improvement efforts. We are definitely focused on improving communication with and between our administrative staff and interpreters/translators. We'd appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience and invite you to contact us offline to discuss. One of our other company values is "We Communicate Openly," and this includes seeking honest feedback, whether positive or negative, that can help us create a great working environment while also creating client value.

"Interesting job with flexible schedule"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Vocalink Global part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedule, basically you make your own based on availability of assignments , times and locations. Scheduling, tracking and reporting process is easy, virtually not paperwork involved. Supervisor is very supportive.

Cons

Hard to schedule more than 4 working hours per day.

"Really good way to make extra $"

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Vocalink Global part-time for less than a year

Pros

Your create your schedule and it’s decent money per hour. You get pay extra if appointment excedes time. You get pay even when is a no -show patient (just an hour) but appointments are most of them an hour anyway. If appointment last less than the hour you still get pay in full!! You have the control to create your schedule 100% and it’s very busy easy to cancel your service if there are inconveniences. Just do it at least a day ahead.

Cons

No cons at least for me

"Something to think about"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Vocalink Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

For those looking at these reviews, know that the company has grown and changed since some of them have been written. I was not told to write this review, I just want those looking to know that the company has changed and to give some thought to actually listening to what the new reviews say. I have worked here for awhile and have been through a number of changes during that time. I know that everything has not been roses, but that is changing and I am happy to be a part of that change. Some of the best reasons to work here are the coworkers. They become like a family to you. Flexibility when you need it to handle appointments or sick family members. They are a small business that is willing and able to grow and they have a management team in place that is helping in that direction. They are also hiring those that can help the company move forward.

Cons

There are too many meetings. Limit the number of meetings, but still include recognizing employee milestones (birthday, work anniversary)

7. "interpreter"

I have been working at Vocalink Global part-time

Pros

you build your schedule

Cons

not really a full time job

Vocalink Global Response

September 14, 2017

Thank you for your review! You are absolutely right that interpreting at Vocalink is a part-time position with the flexibility to build your own schedule. It is built that way to offer employment opportunities to interpreters looking for a part-time position that is flexible, whether to work around a busy personal schedule or provide supplemental income as a second job. Thank you for bringing your language skills to Vocalink. We welcome and appreciate your feedback.

8. "recruiter"

I worked at Vocalink Global full-time

Pros

Position offered a lot of autonomy with excellent support when needed.

Cons

Owner tends to jump from one new idea to the next.

"Working so hard to make a better future"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vocalink Global

Pros

The company is growing on a constant basis year over year, has very high potential for more growth and encourages individual growth and innovation. All company members are working so hard to make a better future for both the company and its individuals. Personally, I love facilitating learning and communications, by being part of Vocalink I am achieving my personal goal. We have a great management team that is aware of the challenges and sincerely willing to override them.

Cons

Not so much different from the majority of small companies, Vocalink faces the same challenges and makes almost same mistakes. Hiring the right members, proper strategic planning and execution on the plans are the critical issues at Vocalink. The management team acknowledges these problems and is working hard on correcting past mistakes and avoiding future ones.

Continue reading

"Acknowledging the Past and Improving for the Future"

I have been working at Vocalink Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Having worked with Vocalink for over a decade, I know intimately the growing pains that Vocalink has experienced. Our current team, however, is the strongest team ever at Vocalink. We admit our past mistakes, recognize the kernels of truth in the complaints against us, and are working very, very hard to improve in all areas, from talent development/retention/compensation to day-to-day communication. I'm proud to be part of Vocalink's exciting future.

Cons

As a relatively small company, there is somewhat less opportunity for upward growth. I do anticipate growth in terms of geography and staffing needs over the next 2 - 3 years, however.

Found 28 reviews