Vocalink Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 25 Aug 2017

3.7
Vocalink Chief Executive Officer Paul Stoddart
Paul Stoddart
Pros
Cons
  • "Mastercard took over a couple of years ago and since then the senior management have used that as an excuse as to why the company is run so poorly(in 11 reviews)

• "The integration with Mastercard created a bit of uncertainty(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England

I worked at Vocalink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Technology company that is always willing to try new ideas. They give market rate salaries and above, and will pay more to get the right person. They have good benefits too with private healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme and good holidays. Work hard and get rewarded well. Even for those who have struggled with stress or illness, the company has good procedures to help their staff.

Cons

Some of the managers are a bit over protective of their areas and there are a couple who won't consider a new hire unless they have a degree - even if that person is well qualified to do the job.

Vocalink2016-05-07

"Not a bad place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Vocalink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, some knowledgeable people with a good work-life balance

Cons

A lot of politics and no mapped out carrier path.

Vocalink2017-08-25

September 13, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were able to appreciate the benefits of working at Vocalink. We are proud of our employees' dedication to making our company a great place to work, and the success that our business has as a result. We also have a dedicated department for Learning and Development here at Vocalink and we encourage and recommend that all employees build a development plan with their line managers to enhance their career path.

"Old Boys club with 'friends' running the place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Vocalink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice culture for the most part and an annual bonus scheme which not many places do these days. Offices have been refurbed in the last few years so a nice environment. On site canteen in offices and good benefits

Cons

I always got the feeling something was 'off' over the 10 years I spent with the company. People who were clearly under performing always seemed to get the good roles in the business. I remember seeing wholly unqualified people being put in some roles also where ideal candidates were passed up. You only had to trace it back to realise who was friends with who and how it happened. Wasted 100m or so on an alternative payment method that apple pay wiped out. Should have given up on it then... I get the impression that salaries 'lower down' the ladder were not competitive.

Vocalink2017-04-09

April 24, 2017

We are pleased to hear that you were able to appreciate the benefits of working at VocaLink. We are proud of our employees' dedication to making VocaLink a great place to work, and the success that our business has as a result. The investment in our Pay by Bank app real-time capabilities remains a key element to our strategy and the success of international real-time payments – so watch this space ... Retaining and attracting new people is key for us, along with recruiting the right people, at competitive salaries, and through a fair recruitment process. Thank you for your feedback.

"Great people to work with"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrogate, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vocalink full-time for more than a year

Pros

I liked working at Vocalink, the people are friendly, sociable and supportive. Benefits are good but a little dated and need reviewing. Overall a good working environment with training there if you ask for it.

Cons

As mentioned some benefits dont fit for some people but good. There are some issues that need to be tackled. There is a CSM who seems to spend an unhealthy amount of time in the room at the front of the building, everyone knows whats going on but no one is doing anything about it perhaps he has 9 lives rather than 9 wives these days. Needless to say its noticed every time he goes for that special meeting therefore the recipients now go to a private meeting room.

Vocalink2016-09-28

September 30, 2016

Thank you for posting and pleased to hear you had a positive experience working at VocaLink. We have read your comments with surprise and concern, and will investigate immediately.

"VocaLink Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rickmansworth, England

I worked at Vocalink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice place to work, Good benefits, Strong Processes

Cons

Slightly low salaries, A lot of process

Vocalink2015-11-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews