Vocalink Employee Reviews about "mastercard"

Updated 8 Feb 2020

3.7
Vocalink Chief Executive Officer Paul Stoddart
Paul Stoddart
Pros
Cons
  • "Mastercard took over a couple of years ago and since then the senior management have used that as an excuse as to why the company is run so poorly(in 11 reviews)

• "The integration with Mastercard created a bit of uncertainty(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "mastercard"

Return to all Reviews

"Transparency is key, right?"

4.0
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Rickmansworth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vocalink full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very good work/home life balance. - My line manager in IT support was very fair.

Cons

- Not so transparent regarding what the takeover from MasterCard meant for teams. Lots of uncertainty and little done to settle this. - Wasn't given any reason why a pay rise was rejected. - Would have liked to have stayed if these issues were addressed.

Vocalink2017-09-19

September 21, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you were able to appreciate the benefits of working at Vocalink. We are proud of our employees' dedication to making our company a great place to work, and the success that our business has as a result. Our intention always is be as transparent as possible and to ensure a successful integration experience for our people we are taking a thoughtful approach which can result in some aspects of change taking longer to finalise. Once any decision has been taken, we commit to firstly communicate with anyone directly impacted by the decision followed by a wider communication through the integration updates and supported by our Line Managers and Integration Champions. Thanks again for your comments.

"Run while you can"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Rickmansworth, England

I have been working at Vocalink full-time

Pros

Pension and medical insurance On site canteen

Cons

The leadership is weak. The ship is slowly sinking with a terrible work culture. Very old fashioned company with furniture to match. No alignment with MasterCard. Very amateur with everything from management to simple procedure or processes. It operates like a company in the dark ages. The top dogs here are of course all men.

Vocalink2020-02-08

"Welcome to the world of Corporate"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Vocalink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Knowledgeable staff who work hard

Cons

Vocalink as a company is declining rapidly. Staff moral is the lowest I have ever seen and although the most people at the 'coalface' are amazing individuals who work hard, they do have to put up with total incompetence at senior levels. Mastercard took over a couple of years ago and since then the senior management have used that as an excuse as to why the company is run so poorly. Good people have been forced out (and others sacrificed just so the target can be made redundant). Incompetence is rewarded with promotion and bonuses. Lazy and inept staff are protected by 'friends' in senior roles. Discrimination runs rife through the company and it covers all genres, racial, sexual, knowledge and ability. The key with Vocalink is not to be good at your job, do not exceed expectations, do not question ludicrous decisions and if something is wrong never, ever say so. Every corporate stereotype is played out at Vocalink daily and it is laughable to be involved with meetings where individuals actually believe their own BS. Why say 1 word when 462 will give the same answer (Q: Has this been done? A: I monitored the deliverable status of the solution proposed and instigated a full indepth collaboration of relevant parties in order to assign the necessary chronological committment and have suceeded in part, to deliver a relevant clarification of the original solicitation. Thats a No then). These people should have been in politics, it's where they belong. If there's a problem, Vocalink management will arrange a meeting and if they think it's a serious problem they'll arrange another meeting, meanwhile, the problem will get resolved by one the amazing few who actually know what they are doing and the management will take full credit. You have to understand that this company runs the ENTIRE UK payments infrastructure system, your money/mortgage/direct debits are in the hands of management baboons who would struggle with a tea party! If you're one of the chosen few you will ride the Vocalink gravy train, doing nothing, spouting BS, fraudulent paid annual leave, undeserved bonuses, ludicrous expense claims and all with a clear conscience. I hope that Mastercard will see the light at some point but I doubt they ever will because Vocalink are very good at putting on a front and papering over the enormous cracks. LONG LIVE CORPORATE BS

Vocalink2019-01-21

January 28, 2019Social Media

Thank you for your post, we appreciate you taking the time to raise your concerns. Our business takes pride in ensuring we are always delivering excellent levels of service to our scheme partners, as we have been doing, in some cases, for decades. These are delivered by a workforce of highly skilled employees in the UK and around the world, the talent of which is recognised by our business through a number of different channels. We take all feedback very seriously especially around potential discrimination claims and would ask you to contact VL-HRBusinessPartnering@mastercard.com to discuss further, or if you would prefer, you can expand on your concerns anonymously through our Mastercard Ethics Helpline, https://secure.ethicspoint.com/domain/media/en/gui/35023/index.html.

"Good company, but where is it going?"

Former Employee - Architect in Rickmansworth, England

I worked at Vocalink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Historically a very good organisation, leading the UK Payments market. Friendly people, top table management very good and very visible.

Cons

Since the take over by Mastercard, the organisation has been in a constant state of reorganisation. Future direction of the company seems to be confused All focus is upon sales, with less thought on what happens next

Vocalink2017-11-20

November 23, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you have so many good things to say about our organisation! Our expertise has recently been recognised by a panel of judges from the industry, who recognised us with both the ‘Payments Infrastructure’ and the ‘Overall Winner’ awards at the Payments Awards ceremony last week. We understand that the acquisition has created some changes in our structure and these in turn create a level of uncertainty which is to be expected with any acquisition of this size. It is important that we support our employees and recognise that communication is very important during such changes which is why we ensure our Line Managers along with collateral on our Intranet site is available for reference. Thank you again for your comments.

"Mastercard/Vocalink. The words say it all. . . . ."

Current Employee - Manager in Rickmansworth, England

I have been working at Vocalink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Never have words been more appropriate than with the Mastercard/Vocalink takeover. Now we see the true colours of managers and Directors across the board. Pros? You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need. You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street, You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed. And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight, You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking. And after a while, you can work on points for style. Like the club tie, and the firm handshake, A certain look in the eye and an easy smile. You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, So that when they turn their backs on you, You'll get the chance to put the knife in. You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder. You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you get older. And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south, Hide your head in the sand, Just another sad old man, All alone and dying of cancer. And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown. And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone. And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw around. So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone, Dragged down by the stone. I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused. Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used. Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise. If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this maze? Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend. And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner And everything's done under the sun, And you believe at heart, everyone's a killer.

Cons

And here's how the Vocalink staff will react. Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away; Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air. You better watch out, There may be dogs about I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen Things are not what they seem. What do you get for pretending the danger's not real. Meek and obedient you follow the leader Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel. What a surprise! A look of terminal shock in your eyes. Now things are really what they seem. No, this is no bad dream. Bleating and babbling I fell on his neck with a scream. Wave upon wave of demented avengers March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Vocalink2017-02-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews