Voyage Care Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Voyage Care Chief Executive Officer Andrew Cannon
Andrew Cannon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Support for all staff and people we support" (in 27 reviews)

• "I've worked for Voyage for 8 years and have worked in the care sector for more than 25 years" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also no support on nights, would tell untrained staff in meds to give out meds they said it was ok on nights if we phoned on call first" (in 7 reviews)

• "The only con in my opinion has now been addressed in my area and the rate of pay is now very competitive" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great atmosphere with progression opportunities"

Current Employee - Internal Communications in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Internal Communications in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, modern open plan office, flexible working hours, opportunities for progression, staff cared for by management

Cons

Not always spaces on car park, however alternative options are available

2. "Fantastic company :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Voyage gives you the platform to excel. The company provides ambitious people with opportunities to fulfil their aspirations within their respective fields. There are many stories here of individuals starting off as support workers and becoming Operations Managers!! I believe that if you have the drive to want to succeed and make real change both within the organisation and for the individuals that you support, this is the company for you.

although it is a big company, there is still a "family" like feel as everyone from the top down are extremely friendly. The CEO and the executive team are very warm and welcoming and make you aware that you are not just a number.

Voyage Care's first and foremost about ensuring that we provide the highest quality of care to the people we support but it has great commercial plans as a company. Therefore, if you are have a passion for ensuring vulnerable people in the community receive the best care possible whilst also helping the company be successful in its commercial plans, this is the place for you.

The head office location (where I work) is perfect as there are easy links to the M1, M6, M45, A406, A38, A5 etc.

There are also great benefits and discounts which can be applied to companies such as EE, Tesco, Cineworld etc.

There are a good mix of individuals from different backgrounds who work at the company as well as age ranges, so it is great as you are able to learn different things from different people.

Cons

Generally positive about the company as a whole, but I would like to see more events which are specifically directed towards employees.

4 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

What a truly fantastic review, thank you!

It is amazing to hear that our message of valuing our team members, and helping them to grow has been noticed. We will continue to embed our values into... More

3. "Oustanding Employer with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager, Development Services in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Manager, Development Services in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Voyage Care for just over four months and can honestly say I feel very supported and recognised in my new role. Its refreshing to work for an organisation who recognises the importance and value of regular staff communication through staff forums and leadership conference calls. I have also been extremely impressed with the Senior Leadership Team's open door policy and their commitment to 'listening too' and 'acting upon' idea's to improve processes and procedures. If you want to be apart of a vibrant organisation that is totally committed to staff development and welfare then I would highly recommend Voyage Care. Its an absolute pleasure to come into work knowing my efforts are valued and that my contribution is assisting the organisation to meet its strategic objectives.

Cons

I genuinely wish I had made the decision to Voyage Care much sooner and delighted to be apart of the Voyage Care team.

Advice to Management

The Senior Leadership Team are very accessible and close to the day to day activity which is very refreshing. They show a real interest in peoples views, opinions and idea's which results in a creative 'non blaming' culture which is rare in big organisations. My observation is simple - Voyage Care has a fantastic 'people centred' culture which is driven by great leadership behaviors and actions.

17 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

This really is a fantastic review, thank you!

We are delighted to read all of your comments about feeling valued and supported at work and are very pleased you are now part of the Voyage Care... More

4. "work at Voyagecare"

Current Employee - Analyst in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and opportunities to progress

Cons

No public transport direct to location

Advice to Management

None

5. "Support worker"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working relationships . Support for all staff and people we support

Cons

Under staffed . Bad pay

Advice to Management

Need higher pay for what we do on a day to day basis minimum wage is to low

17 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you felt supported in your role and enjoyed fulfilling work relationships.

We work hard to show the government just how important the care... More

6. "Great culture if you’re in the right team"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work/Life balance
    Employee engagement high
    Feel valued majority of the time
    CEO knows everyone’s name and has time for them
    Management understanding of home life
    Birthday day off
    Flexible

Cons

Underfunded sector
    Love reports
    Some departments grow while others understaffed

4 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

It really is fantastic to hear that you had a good work/life balance and felt valued in your role. We are working hard to show the government just how important the care sector is and will continue... More

7. "Avoid"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Portsmouth, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Portsmouth, North West England, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing... honestly there really is nothing.maybe residential services are better? Maybe elsewhere the do a good job?

Cons

Constantly lied to by management and payroll. Pay always incorrect.pays slips make no sense and they constantly mess up pension ni and tax contributions, holiday and any form of leave but refuse to deal directly with staff so you have to go through your line manager.we don't have a line manager! They use a payroll system called cold harbour which if you're tupeed into voyage simply will not work and your pay will always be short/wrong and it will take over a month to get it back if intact you do!! The training is substandard mostly online box ticking the minimum to get by. They will literally employ any body so be prepared to support your colleagues too. I was tupeed over and am ashamed to admit I still work for them .not one day has gone by over the last year when they haven't caused me stress. They reslly grind you down.Senior staff will shout at you in team meetings they will swear they will be unprofessional.There is no care in this company.they don't even care about making a profit preferring expensive agency staff over substantive staff. If you're tupeed over get out asap because life is too short.if you're not tupeed avoid like the plague..you have been warned!

Advice to Management

It's not about money it's about showing respect and consideration for your staff not shouting and sweating and bullying them .are you even awear if the reputation you have? Pay your staff what you owe and on time. You take over tenders and tupeed staff if you don't like the the contract the tupeed staff are under don't take the tender. All management to be taught public relations and maybe courtesy courses?

"Bad management"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Dover, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Dover, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff worked well together, service users I loved supporting

Cons

Management would moan about staff to other staff and in front of them all if someone phoned in sick!! Very poor .... Also no support on nights, would tell untrained staff in meds to give out meds they said it was ok on nights if we phoned on call first?! Management was very rude to staff and unapproachable lots of staff leaving because of this

Advice to Management

Go on a management course

9. "support worker supported living"

Former Employee - Housing Support Worker in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Housing Support Worker in Liverpool, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people we support are nice and i like to help them

Cons

everything and your expected to pay for everything yourself be warned!

Advice to Management

take better care of your staff , pay their petrol and bus fares for community patients, communication, pay is ridiculous for what you have to do especially staying on nights on your own

30 May 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very concerned to read your comments. Voyage Care is committed to providing the best working environment for our staff. We have a number of... More

"Highly questionable company"

Former Employee - Acting Senior Support Workers and Support Worker in Gloucester, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gets the basics right (As in the same basics that every other care company gets right)
    Some services are very motivated and clear of their aims (this is exclusive to managers and the home's individual leadership teams rather than anything to do with the company as a whole).

Cons

Forgotten it's original goal (from when it was founded).
    Can lure you into a false sense of security, whereby you believe you believe that if you act by support plans and follow manager instructions, then you are protected from assorted allegations ans that the company is behind you and will support you.
    Will not act quickly enough to employee concerns until it is too late (endangering both the people supported and those employed by the company)
    Has gained a dangerous monopoly on the care "market"
    Has a dependency on private investment, the use of which is questionable in this industry.
    Questionable outlooks: Clearly the company no longer exists with a principle outlook for providing the best support for those supported, but rather in ensuring the best look for the investors such as Duke Street.
    Wastes money desperately needed on providing actual services and in ensuring maintained buildings, instead spending money on errands.

Advice to Management

Remember what Voyage was founded for.
    Stop taking the support staff for granted.
    Get senior support workers out of the office.
    Let people give reviews on Facebook (what do you have to hide? If it's an inappropriate review then delete it and maintain an internal record and state that you are doing this).
    Go back to leasing vehicles (a new vehicle every 4 years was one of the few signs Voyage actually showed to giving appreciation to the people it supported).
    Investigate complaints properly and where necessary, discuss complaints at higher levels (A highly detailed and over 10 pages complaint deserves a better response than 5 lines)
    Stop changing your logo every 5 years. It's the public's money that you're spending, it must be respected.
    Actually think about your overall business plan as opposed to looking for short term money makers.

4 Jul 2018 – Internal Communications Team Leader

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we're sorry to hear your experience of working with us was mixed. We can assure you our priority is to deliver great care and support to some... More