Voyage Care Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2
Voyage Care Chief Executive Officer Andrew Cannon
Andrew Cannon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Support for all staff and people we support" (in 27 reviews)

• "I've worked for Voyage for 8 years and have worked in the care sector for more than 25 years" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Also no support on nights, would tell untrained staff in meds to give out meds they said it was ok on nights if we phoned on call first" (in 7 reviews)

• "The only con in my opinion has now been addressed in my area and the rate of pay is now very competitive" (in 4 reviews)

"Great atmosphere with progression opportunities"

Current Employee - Internal Communications in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Internal Communications in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, modern open plan office, flexible working hours, opportunities for progression, staff cared for by management

Cons

Not always spaces on car park, however alternative options are available

8 Oct 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your review! We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy the friendly atmosphere at Group Support and feel that there are opportunities for you to progress in your role.

We are... More

2. "Support worker"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Reading, England

I have been working at Voyage Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good experienced and knowledgeable managers.

Cons

Overworked and under payed.

Advice to Management

You need to review your pay

8 Oct 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your comments, we are really pleased to hear that you found your management team to be experienced and knowledgeable!

We are continuing our efforts to show the government just how... More

"Oustanding Employer with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Manager, Development Services in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Manager, Development Services in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Voyage Care for just over four months and can honestly say I feel very supported and recognised in my new role. Its refreshing to work for an organisation who recognises the importance and value of regular staff communication through staff forums and leadership conference calls. I have also been extremely impressed with the Senior Leadership Team's open door policy and their commitment to 'listening too' and 'acting upon' idea's to improve processes and procedures. If you want to be apart of a vibrant organisation that is totally committed to staff development and welfare then I would highly recommend Voyage Care. Its an absolute pleasure to come into work knowing my efforts are valued and that my contribution is assisting the organisation to meet its strategic objectives.

Cons

I genuinely wish I had made the decision to Voyage Care much sooner and delighted to be apart of the Voyage Care team.

Advice to Management

The Senior Leadership Team are very accessible and close to the day to day activity which is very refreshing. They show a real interest in peoples views, opinions and idea's which results in a creative 'non blaming' culture which is rare in big organisations. My observation is simple - Voyage Care has a fantastic 'people centred' culture which is driven by great leadership behaviors and actions.

17 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

This really is a fantastic review, thank you!

We are delighted to read all of your comments about feeling valued and supported at work and are very pleased you are now part of the Voyage Care... More

"Fantastic company :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Voyage gives you the platform to excel. The company provides ambitious people with opportunities to fulfil their aspirations within their respective fields. There are many stories here of individuals starting off as support workers and becoming Operations Managers!! I believe that if you have the drive to want to succeed and make real change both within the organisation and for the individuals that you support, this is the company for you.

although it is a big company, there is still a "family" like feel as everyone from the top down are extremely friendly. The CEO and the executive team are very warm and welcoming and make you aware that you are not just a number.

Voyage Care's first and foremost about ensuring that we provide the highest quality of care to the people we support but it has great commercial plans as a company. Therefore, if you are have a passion for ensuring vulnerable people in the community receive the best care possible whilst also helping the company be successful in its commercial plans, this is the place for you.

The head office location (where I work) is perfect as there are easy links to the M1, M6, M45, A406, A38, A5 etc.

There are also great benefits and discounts which can be applied to companies such as EE, Tesco, Cineworld etc.

There are a good mix of individuals from different backgrounds who work at the company as well as age ranges, so it is great as you are able to learn different things from different people.

Cons

Generally positive about the company as a whole, but I would like to see more events which are specifically directed towards employees.

4 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

What a truly fantastic review, thank you!

It is amazing to hear that our message of valuing our team members, and helping them to grow has been noticed. We will continue to embed our values into... More

5. "work at Voyagecare"

Current Employee - Analyst in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and opportunities to progress

Cons

No public transport direct to location

Advice to Management

None

24 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your feedback! We're really pleased that you enjoy the friendly atmosphere at group support and feel that there are opportunities for career progression.

Unfortunately transport is... More

"Lied to from the start"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Cambridge, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Cambridge, East of England, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly can't think of any pro's

Cons

Told the hours were flexible yet when asked to change was a no every time. The management was two faced and the staff . Witnessed abuse but was told I was lieing. Have to pay for everything yourself. Basically pushed out of the company because they didn't like the fresh eyes that could see what was wrong. Paperwork never filled out properly. Bad training. Bad pay. Basically everyone that works for the company will lie to you to get you to work or do things that no one else wants to do. Bad personal care for the residents. Basically everything about this company is a con.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to go on some courses that will teach you how to look after your residents and staff better

19 Nov 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your review. We’re disappointed to hear that you feel there were no positives to working at Voyage Care. Our staff often tell us the job satisfaction they get from supporting some of... More

7. "Support worker"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working relationships . Support for all staff and people we support

Cons

Under staffed . Bad pay

Advice to Management

Need higher pay for what we do on a day to day basis minimum wage is to low

17 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you felt supported in your role and enjoyed fulfilling work relationships.

We work hard to show the government just how important the care... More

8. "Great culture if you’re in the right team"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work/Life balance
    Employee engagement high
    Feel valued majority of the time
    CEO knows everyone’s name and has time for them
    Management understanding of home life
    Birthday day off
    Flexible

Cons

Underfunded sector
    Love reports
    Some departments grow while others understaffed

4 Sep 2018 – Voyage Care

It really is fantastic to hear that you had a good work/life balance and felt valued in your role. We are working hard to show the government just how important the care sector is and will continue... More

"Avoid"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Portsmouth, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Portsmouth, North West England, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing... honestly there really is nothing.maybe residential services are better? Maybe elsewhere the do a good job?

Cons

Constantly lied to by management and payroll. Pay always incorrect.pays slips make no sense and they constantly mess up pension ni and tax contributions, holiday and any form of leave but refuse to deal directly with staff so you have to go through your line manager.we don't have a line manager! They use a payroll system called cold harbour which if you're tupeed into voyage simply will not work and your pay will always be short/wrong and it will take over a month to get it back if intact you do!! The training is substandard mostly online box ticking the minimum to get by. They will literally employ any body so be prepared to support your colleagues too. I was tupeed over and am ashamed to admit I still work for them .not one day has gone by over the last year when they haven't caused me stress. They reslly grind you down.Senior staff will shout at you in team meetings they will swear they will be unprofessional.There is no care in this company.they don't even care about making a profit preferring expensive agency staff over substantive staff. If you're tupeed over get out asap because life is too short.if you're not tupeed avoid like the plague..you have been warned!

Advice to Management

It's not about money it's about showing respect and consideration for your staff not shouting and sweating and bullying them .are you even awear if the reputation you have? Pay your staff what you owe and on time. You take over tenders and tupeed staff if you don't like the the contract the tupeed staff are under don't take the tender. All management to be taught public relations and maybe courtesy courses?

"Bad management"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Dover, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Dover, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff worked well together, service users I loved supporting

Cons

Management would moan about staff to other staff and in front of them all if someone phoned in sick!! Very poor .... Also no support on nights, would tell untrained staff in meds to give out meds they said it was ok on nights if we phoned on call first?! Management was very rude to staff and unapproachable lots of staff leaving because of this

Advice to Management

Go on a management course