Voyage Care Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
Voyage Care Chief Executive Officer Andrew Cannon
Andrew Cannon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "He is very approachable and values not only the people we support but the staff too" (in 25 reviews)

• "I have been working for Voyage over 2 years now and it has made a big change in my life" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The only con in my opinion has now been addressed in my area and the rate of pay is now very competitive" (in 4 reviews)

• "Very demanding and hard working considering the low pay with no benefits to it and no support from management" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work - Friendly, family environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in Lichfield, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Voyage Care! It's a great company to work for, they have a real desire to support their staff, helping them to progress and develop. Good work is always recognised and acknowledged, and everyone is very approachable and friendly - creating an enjoyable place to work!

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

6 Feb 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!
    We are really pleased you enjoyed your time working at Voyage Care and found everyone to be approachable and friendly. We... More

2. "support worker supported living"

Former Employee - Housing Support Worker in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Housing Support Worker in Liverpool, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the people we support are nice and i like to help them

Cons

everything and your expected to pay for everything yourself be warned!

Advice to Management

take better care of your staff , pay their petrol and bus fares for community patients, communication, pay is ridiculous for what you have to do especially staying on nights on your own

30 May 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very concerned to read your comments. Voyage Care is committed to providing the best working environment for our staff. We have a number of... More

"Highly questionable company"

Former Employee - Acting Senior Support Workers and Support Worker in Gloucester, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gets the basics right (As in the same basics that every other care company gets right)
    Some services are very motivated and clear of their aims (this is exclusive to managers and the home's individual leadership teams rather than anything to do with the company as a whole).

Cons

Forgotten it's original goal (from when it was founded).
    Can lure you into a false sense of security, whereby you believe you believe that if you act by support plans and follow manager instructions, then you are protected from assorted allegations ans that the company is behind you and will support you.
    Will not act quickly enough to employee concerns until it is too late (endangering both the people supported and those employed by the company)
    Has gained a dangerous monopoly on the care "market"
    Has a dependency on private investment, the use of which is questionable in this industry.
    Questionable outlooks: Clearly the company no longer exists with a principle outlook for providing the best support for those supported, but rather in ensuring the best look for the investors such as Duke Street.
    Wastes money desperately needed on providing actual services and in ensuring maintained buildings, instead spending money on errands.

Advice to Management

Remember what Voyage was founded for.
    Stop taking the support staff for granted.
    Get senior support workers out of the office.
    Let people give reviews on Facebook (what do you have to hide? If it's an inappropriate review then delete it and maintain an internal record and state that you are doing this).
    Go back to leasing vehicles (a new vehicle every 4 years was one of the few signs Voyage actually showed to giving appreciation to the people it supported).
    Investigate complaints properly and where necessary, discuss complaints at higher levels (A highly detailed and over 10 pages complaint deserves a better response than 5 lines)
    Stop changing your logo every 5 years. It's the public's money that you're spending, it must be respected.
    Actually think about your overall business plan as opposed to looking for short term money makers.

4. "Good own experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lichfield, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in Head Office in Lichfield, nice offices and location. People was great, make really good friends. Company paid for study support and give study leave as well.
    My experience was great and cannot complain but it depends on the department you are, it changes a lot from one manager to another. Didn´t do extra hours.

Cons

Salary is below average. I left because there was no career progression.

Advice to Management

More open communication and give opportunities to internal staff with salary/benefits accordingly

30 Apr 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

We take pride in the atmosphere at group support and do our best to promote a collaborative working environment so it is great to hear... More

"Paperwork and red tape"

Former Employee - Senior Support Worker in Clacton-on-Sea, England
    Former Employee - Senior Support Worker in Clacton-on-Sea, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Apart from the fact of not being unemployed can't really see any benefit working for Voyage over any other company

Cons

Paperwork driven, see tape and bureaucracy made my job meaningless given that I was meant to be supporting adults in their own homes, not a Voyage care home. The gentlemen I supported were increasingly not allowed to have choices about how they lived, but we're told how they were going to live by Voyage care.

Advice to Management

Don't be so inflexible with your ideas on how to support individuals living in their own homes. Don't be driven by paperwork and tick box exercises. Listen to service users, and remember that we are guests in their homes.

16 May 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very concerned to read your comments. Voyage Care is committed to providing the best working environment for all our staff and the best possible... More

"Bad Management"

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office.
    Easy access to transport links

Cons

Bad management
    No flexibility with working hours or personal situations
    An environment that made people miserable
    No opportunities to progress

Advice to Management

It's important to have people in management roles who actually like people, and aren't just doing it for the title. A manager who cares and knows that being positive and friendly will make an employee work better.
    The lack of opportunities to progress, gossiping and a team with high turn over doesn't look good.
    It's a shame as what the Care Homes and Carers do is amazing work, it's sad it doesn't filter all the way down to HQ.

30 Apr 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very concerned to read your comments. Voyage Care is committed to providing the best working environment for all our staff and we have a number... More

7. "Not good !!!!"

Former Employee - Support Worker in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for voyage in the West Country for 2 years had brilliant manager couldn’t fault her . Brilliant team .

Cons

Transferred to Kent then all went down hill from there !!! Manager was biased towards some staff most of the team sat around while others done all the work . Mobile phones being used throughout the shift, appropriate paperwork not bein filled out and protocols not being followed !!! Reported issues and complaints to HR took over 2weeks to hear back but no follow up !!!! Really don’t know how they were rated good by CQC in 2017

Advice to Management

Listen to voices that care !!!!!!!!

30 Apr 2018 – Voyage Care

"Not the best company to work for"

Former Employee - Residential Support Worker in Ellesmere Port, England
    Former Employee - Residential Support Worker in Ellesmere Port, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money was decent but that’s it

Cons

I was bullied out of my job I had no support from management they sided with the bullies because I was new I was getting shifts stolen off me within a hour notice I was constantly harassed by a colleague she even called me up on my birthday and ruined it if you say no to covering something you get made to feel so guilty I was bullied constantly one rule for them
    And one rule for us

Advice to Management

Think you need to support staff who are being bullied not make them want to leave oh and don’t talk to them
    Like they are a child either

28 Feb 2018 – Voyage Care

"Diabolically bad on managements part."

Former Employee - Support Worker in Southampton, England
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Southampton, England

I worked at Voyage Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You may get lucky and get colleagues and by that I mean about two.

Cons

Management who have no idea on how to speak or treat staff.

Advice to Management

Retraining or getting a different kind of job.

28 Feb 2018 – Voyage Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very concerned to read your comment. Voyage Care is committed to providing the best working environment for all our staff and we have a number... More

"Amazing, Family Friendly Company"

Current Employee - Senior Resourcer in Lichfield, England
    Current Employee - Senior Resourcer in Lichfield, England

I have been working at Voyage Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Voyage Care for almost 2 years. The knowledge and support I have been given not only on a professional level but also personal is second to none. There is great career progression and the company is welcoming and friendly, a lot of companies I have worked for we never see the CEO, however Andrew walks around the office regularly and addresses everyone by their first name. Little things that make you feel that are noticed and appreciated which makes you want to go the extra mile! I look forward to continuing to progress within Voyage Care and do my job to the best of my ability to get great results, and ensure the people we support are cared for by great support workers.

This is a fair, enjoyable company to work for, with a great work life balance.

Cons

There are no downside, I love my job

23 Nov 2017 – Internal Communications Team Leader

What a wonderful review, thank you!

It's reassuring to read that not only do you feel supported as a professional, but as an individual too. Career progression and support for those who want to... More