WE Communications Account Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Melissa Waggener Zorkin

"Literally the worst"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fridays off in the summer if workload is light -Surprisingly, the name still holds cache for a lot of people, so it has helped me get other work

Cons

Run, do not walk, away from this place. Do not pass go, do not collect $100, do not apply here for your own wellbeing and sanity. -Compensation: Almost unlivable. -Management: Completely inept. In a company-wide meeting about drumming up new business, admitted they had no plan to actually do that. No one is trained and feedback is all over the place. I would win agency wide awards one day and the next day hear that...

Advice to Management

You have problems: just read the last 2-3 years of reviews on Glassdoor, honestly.

WE Communications2018-01-27
  2. "New Hire"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are creative, smart, and energetic. THe company invests in its employees.

Cons

Seems there is not much work life balance. Hours can be long.

WE Communications2015-12-23
  3. "Would reccommend to start your career in communications"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very clear training for each assignment and company genuinely cares about your well-being. Fun and fast-paced work environment where depending on which team your on you have the opportunity to work on several different assignments. Overall everyone in the office is super friendly and there to make you feel at home. Managers help you determine your likes and dislikes in order to give you tasks that most fit you.

Cons

Entry level positions frequently have open cycles and need to ask for work to do to keep busy. Occasionally must do some work on weekends (from home) but not frequently and often not for more than a few hours.

WE Communications2015-10-29

"Waggener Edstrom Communications is just that - communications."

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is friendly, productive and cultivates learning. Employees are often encouraged to take their paid time off (if they actually have the time to).

Cons

Pay is a bit low. Generally, most employees spend more time sitting in front of a computer emailing than anything else. Each email must be professionally formatted, and corporate buzz words are a must. Team leads throw low level work at people who are overly qualified for their position, and demand tight deadlines. Although many employees move up quickly, they are still doing the same low-level work with a different title.

WE Communications2014-05-23

"Great learning experience WE really nurtures you as you begin your career."

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an intern they really pour resources at you and try to develop your skills. This is one of the higher paying internships in the area. There are so many opportunities to try out new things and work on different teams using different strategies and methods. It's a fast paced environment--be prepared for the day to fly by.

Cons

The AC packages aren't competitive. There is a dearth of creativity at the agency. The teams don't interact with each other. You can work next to someone for a year and not learn their name. WE recruits too heavily among Communications/Marketing backgrounds—as a result many of the employees have a last century mentality. Refer back to the lack of creativity point.

Advice to Management

Management needs to pull lots of smart people from very diverse backgrounds to breathe some life into everyday brainstorms.

WE Communications2014-03-26
  6. "A wonderful jumping-off point and learning opportunity for junior level employees"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at WE Communications

Pros

As a junior-level employee Waggener Edstrom is a great place to begin a career and gain experience and knowledge under some of the brightest minds in PR. The growth and learning opportunities were easily accessible and encouraged and the feedback I received from higher-ups while I was there have helped shape me into the better PR professional that I am today.

Cons

One of the strongest downsides of working at WE is the amount of red tape and process that everything requires. But, of course, that is something to be expected in such a large organization with offices all over the world.

Advice to Management

I think the senior management at WE is doing a great job leading the company. I'm sure they're already working at this 110%, but I would strongly encourage trying to win the business of more diverse clients. I realize that Microsoft is the bread and butter of the organization, but there is so much more to the agency than what they're doing with Microsoft and honestly, I'm not confident in Microsoft's ability to stay relevant...

WE Communications2009-05-05