WE Communications Reviews

3.6
WE Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance differs amongst teams(in 44 reviews)

• "Extremely long hours with pressure to meet high billable hour goals(in 18 reviews)

1. "Talented, fun and hard working group"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Highly intelligent group of people who work well together across all sectors Great career progression and a real opportunity to develop your personal interests Use an integrated approach to comms which provides diversity to roles

Cons

May not work for those in need of a more disciplined environment

"A Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

With the right manager, and the right opportunity, you really have the chance to flourish. My experience was exclusively with leaders who empowered me to excel and take on more responsibility. Some great clients. Working on larger accounts brings opportunities for travel and collaboration with other regions. Lucrative salary for junior staff members. Largely speaking managers and directors want to do a good job for their clients.

Cons

- Heavily governed by WE US which means bad new business decisions are made - Younger members of staff are entitled - promotions are expected, vs earned - Hiring is close to impossible at all levels due to issues with HR - Salary becomes less lucrative the more senior you become, until you're below industry average when benchmarked against other agencies and in-house salaries - Gossipy, cliquey culture among many staff members which detracts from work

3. "Nice benefits."

I worked at WE Communications

Pros

They have a good benefits package. Nice attitude to community/ charity days.

Cons

Political senior management team. People can work long hours so work life balance can suffer.

Continue reading

"Solid Company, Fantastic Leadership"

in London, England

I worked at WE Communications for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership, socially conscious and ability to get stuff done for clients.

Cons

Political power struggles between people, offices.

Continue reading

"Dynamic, Creative, Supportive & Fun."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very much an in it all together feel, the office is an incredibly energetic and creative place to work. With the nature of the companies clients, it feels like you're currently ahead of the curve from an experience perspective. There is a massive focus on self development (far more than any other company I've worked for), with Management being reviewed on how their team develops, not just bottom line results. Great location in Covent Garden, and there is definite 'work hard, play hard' ethos with a number of social activities taking place every month.

Cons

With so much emphasis on personal development this isn't necessarily a place that someone who wants to 'coast along' would flourish.

"Great people and potential"

Former Employee - Vice President in London, England

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent consultants that are totally focussed on client service excellence. Really smart, eager and fun teams to work with that are increasingly thinking of integrated campaigns. Office culture is strong with a relaxed atmosphere and local leadership teams who seem to genuinely care about the wellbeing of staff. Lots of extra-mural activities, a busy social calendar and active CSR initiatives. Interesting clients to work on and some good progress in delivering digital/social integration.

Cons

Scale of network can sometimes be a challenge in attracting larger clients especially if they want a single-brand agency approach. That said there are many examples of great multi-national work using the alliance partners.

"People place"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

I work at WE for the people - and the way in which it treats its people. I genuinely feel that senior management cares about the team's ongoing health and that everyone looks out for one another. WE's size and independence allows for a much friendlier and informal vibe than you might find at a bigger agency. People get their work done - but don't take themselves too seriously. I've been here for over four years which is testament to the fact that I get to work on great clients, with brilliant people, and feel appreciated for what I do.

Cons

Covent Garden tourists? Though as much a positive, WE's size means that everyone is very hands on, and we are all involved in a lot of things outside of our day to day client work. Some people love this - getting to feel real ownership for the agency - but it doesn't suit everyone.

Continue reading

"WE is an enjoyable place to work with great support for career progression"

EMEA Client Development Coordinator in London, England

I have been working at WE Communications for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at WE for just over a year now and could not be happier in my role. I came into the company as a receptionist and was then approached six months later to take on a new role.  I was offered to progress and join the Client Development team and considering how little experience I had, I was very impressed and grateful for the time spent to train me and the continuous support that was, and is still offered to me.  WE offers great benefits, much more than what I have been offered before and you really do feel a part of a team when you work here.

Cons

I haven't noticed a downside to working at WE since I have been here.

"Good place to work"

in London, England

I worked at WE Communications

Pros

Good place to start a career. Friendly and creative

Cons

Poor progression opps, management lacks direction

"Want to work too much for crap salary? That's the place to go"

1.0
    Executive in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications

Pros

Hmmm difficult one. Private health insurance is ok.

Cons

Office politics are atrocious. As an employee you cannot complain about anyone that is even slightly higher than you. On of my former colleagues actually made me cry few times and all I was told by my manager was that it is good too cry sometimes, you know relieves the stress. You get paid poorly, work too much and are not allowed to change anything. There's few people in there who are considered gurus and they are always right. As a junior employee, your suggestions are worthless.

Found 333 reviews