WE Communications Reviews

Found 376 of over 408 reviews

3.8
WE Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Pros
  • "Benefits, work/life balance for entry-level employees(in 36 reviews)

• "Amazing onboarding, great benefits, inclusive environment(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance differs amongst teams(in 44 reviews)

• "Inexperience in advertising - keep in mind that this is a PR-first agency so much if not all of the advertising business has been built out of(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 24, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great teams and flat structure. Good promotions.

Cons

can be long hours at times

2. 4.0

Great

Jul 6, 2021 - Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job, great people and culture

Cons

None at all, love working here!

3. 3.0

Great

Jun 30, 2021 - Marketing and Communications Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and the people you work with

Cons

Clients and progressive capability against competitors

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Project manager

Sep 21, 2020 - Senior Development Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to collaboratively work with and a fun place to work

Cons

No cons was happy working within the organisation.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

The innovators dilemma

Jul 22, 2009 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Waggener Edstrom is an excellent place to start a career in corporate communications. It has some excellent media relations in business media and a number of experienced hands to learn from. The business is part of an international agency and has some good resources and processes.

Cons

The business has faced some challenges in recent times, you often dont get to do ground breaking work and many of the client programmes aren't going to change the world. Process can take too much of a role in things and it can suffer from the 'when you are a hammer, every problem looks like a nail' syndrome.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

People place

Feb 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work at WE for the people - and the way in which it treats its people. I genuinely feel that senior management cares about the team's ongoing health and that everyone looks out for one another. WE's size and independence allows for a much friendlier and informal vibe than you might find at a bigger agency. People get their work done - but don't take themselves too seriously. I've been here for over four years which is testament to the fact that I get to work on great clients, with brilliant people, and feel appreciated for what I do.

Cons

Covent Garden tourists? Though as much a positive, WE's size means that everyone is very hands on, and we are all involved in a lot of things outside of our day to day client work. Some people love this - getting to feel real ownership for the agency - but it doesn't suit everyone.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

WE is an enjoyable place to work with great support for career progression

Feb 10, 2016 - EMEA Client Development Coordinator in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at WE for just over a year now and could not be happier in my role. I came into the company as a receptionist and was then approached six months later to take on a new role.  I was offered to progress and join the Client Development team and considering how little experience I had, I was very impressed and grateful for the time spent to train me and the continuous support that was, and is still offered to me.  WE offers great benefits, much more than what I have been offered before and you really do feel a part of a team when you work here.

Cons

I haven't noticed a downside to working at WE since I have been here.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Dynamic, Creative, Supportive & Fun.

Apr 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very much an in it all together feel, the office is an incredibly energetic and creative place to work. With the nature of the companies clients, it feels like you're currently ahead of the curve from an experience perspective. There is a massive focus on self development (far more than any other company I've worked for), with Management being reviewed on how their team develops, not just bottom line results. Great location in Covent Garden, and there is definite 'work hard, play hard' ethos with a number of social activities taking place every month.

Cons

With so much emphasis on personal development this isn't necessarily a place that someone who wants to 'coast along' would flourish.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great people and potential

Feb 25, 2016 - Vice President in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent consultants that are totally focussed on client service excellence. Really smart, eager and fun teams to work with that are increasingly thinking of integrated campaigns. Office culture is strong with a relaxed atmosphere and local leadership teams who seem to genuinely care about the wellbeing of staff. Lots of extra-mural activities, a busy social calendar and active CSR initiatives. Interesting clients to work on and some good progress in delivering digital/social integration.

Cons

Scale of network can sometimes be a challenge in attracting larger clients especially if they want a single-brand agency approach. That said there are many examples of great multi-national work using the alliance partners.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee

A Mixed Bag

Oct 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

With the right manager, and the right opportunity, you really have the chance to flourish. My experience was exclusively with leaders who empowered me to excel and take on more responsibility. Some great clients. Working on larger accounts brings opportunities for travel and collaboration with other regions. Lucrative salary for junior staff members. Largely speaking managers and directors want to do a good job for their clients.

Cons

- Heavily governed by WE US which means bad new business decisions are made - Younger members of staff are entitled - promotions are expected, vs earned - Hiring is close to impossible at all levels due to issues with HR - Salary becomes less lucrative the more senior you become, until you're below industry average when benchmarked against other agencies and in-house salaries - Gossipy, cliquey culture among many staff members which detracts from work

3 people found this review helpful