WE Communications Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 14, 2019

3.8
WE Communications CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin
  1. "Work hard, learn a lot, growing variety of clients"

Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

You work and learn from great colleagues in an environment committed to communications excellence. Over the past 5 years, the agency leadership has strengthened, and the business is in better shape, the client roster is more diverse.

Cons

Client service isn't for everyone, and sometimes the "how high" response to Microsoft requests and demands puts agency people in the role of having to take hits they don't deserve.

WE Communications2019-11-14

"A Refreshing and Inspiring Health Practice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having spent my career in healthcare PR, I have worked for several agencies that do healthcare PR the way it’s always been done. I was specifically drawn to WE Health because of the exceptional, visionary leadership that wanted to create something different, with a unique and refreshing point of view that has attracted a diverse range of clients across the healthcare spectrum. But what makes WE and WE Health... particularly special is the people. The people at WE are genuine, kind, hard working and supportive, across all sectors. No one is afraid to roll up their sleeves no matter what their level, and it truly is a “leave your ego at the door” environment. I joined WE Health because I wanted to help define our growing sector’s unique voice in a competitive market, to work with leaders that genuinely care about your success in and outside of work, and to work alongside talented people from all walks of life. Never have I been at an agency where people enjoy new business, until now. It is truly an honor, a privilege and FUN to problem solve amidst the industry’s most seasoned professionals, not to mention our tech, consumer, media and digital experts who willingly jump in to lend a hand. If you’re looking for status quo, you won’t find it here. If you’re looking for “good enough,” you won’t find it here. WE is about working hard to set new precedents, defining new ways of communicating in this progressive, purpose-driven world, and doing it with people you genuinely respect and enjoy. I can say with confidence that I’m here for the long run as I can’t imagine a better place to further your career and love what you do.

Cons

As with most agencies, you want more of a good thing. Specifically more talent at the junior and mid-level, and more specialists. With our headquarters in Seattle, a large portion of our integrated specialists sit on the West Coast, so continuing to build our East Coast bench strength is a priority.

WE Communications2019-10-29

"Good place to learn"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people, good clients, lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

Hierarchical, favortism can get in the way sometimes

Advice to Management

Ensure fair evaluation of talent

WE Communications2019-10-14
  4. "Great place"

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Interesting place to work in for.

Cons

Very political in the company

WE Communications2019-10-07
  5. "Best Agency"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Good people that make the environment fun

Cons

Small amounts of people in office

WE Communications2019-09-29

"Mean Girl Society"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't think of any at the moment - the free snacks are nice when they are available.

Cons

The reviews written here about 'mean girls', rampant favoritism & an outdated promotion system is accurate. As pervasive at it is and as wrong as it is, it continues despite HR's "recognition of wanting to do better." In my experience at WE, managers often take credit for the work of juniors, playing favorites is a way of life, not the exception. Unrealistic deadlines and a stressful work environment. We are... always understaffed. Management views employees as a means to an end to make profits for the company. Unhealthy work environments. There a lot of legacy SVPs who don't contribute much but are friends with the owner.

Advice to Management

Modernize, modernize & modernize! Value employees; impart a fair promotion system and most of all, stop playing favorites. High school mentality doesn't do well in the work environment.

WE Communications2019-09-08

"High Stress"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to work on a lot of different things - Decent PTO and Benefits - Portfolio Building

Cons

- no advancement opportunity - high stress - high turnover - average pay - long hours

WE Communications2019-09-05

"Great culture but unrealistic salary for the time/effort you put in"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

culture, people, off sites, wellness benefits, positive environment

Cons

pay is not enough, can be high stress environment,

WE Communications2019-08-14

"Amerikanische Agentur - Finger weg!"

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Büro stylisch, großzügig und Arbeitsplätze gut ausgestattet

Cons

Geschäftsführung macht Psychodruck und Psychospielchen bei / mit Mitarbeitern, absolut erhaben und resistent gegenüber Kritik, führt zu hoher Mitarbeiterfluktuation; Kollegenzusammenhalt oberflächlich; Überstunden gehören zum guten Ton und werden sehr selten bis gar nicht ausgeglichen; Urlaub zu bekommen, ist schwierig;

Advice to Management

Mitarbeiter motivieren, zuhören

WE Communications2019-08-08

"Great place to work, with a few exceptions"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Amazing onboarding, great benefits, inclusive environment... and Melissa is wonderful!

Cons

It can get really clique-y, and if you aren't the right "type" of person, you'll have a much harder time making work friends. Additionally, some managers appear to have been promoted because of their account management skills alone *only* - not because of their ability to lead employees.

WE Communications2019-06-26