WE Communications Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2020

3.6
WE Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin

"Great place to start your career"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent internship to hire program, really great work life balance, opportunity to work on big client accounts, good benefits, learning and development opportunities

Cons

Not very competitive salary, once you hit a certain level difficult to get promoted because agency has low turnover, leadership on certain larger accounts can get political

"Associate Account Executive"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, flat hierarchy, flexibility

Cons

Efficiency can improve, can work on review systems

3. "Account Manager"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Great people, quality work, great benefits

Cons

Outside of Seattle (in Bellevue)

September 24, 2018Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for sharing your experience, please contact me if you have other ideas or questions. I always appreciate hearing from employees. Have a great week.

"Agency that produces strong work, but doesn't value employees"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The agency does great work for its clients. The brands that are part of the client portfolio provides great opportunities to work on accounts that are household names.

Cons

Extremely inconsistent promotion tracks. Incredibly poor managers. Extremely long hours with pressure to meet high billable hour goals. Bonus program is used extremely sparingly and oftentimes was used to keep employees who were clearly unhappy. Tremendous loss of middle level (AE/SAE) staff due to those levels carrying huge burdens of the workload while higher levels took credit. Benefits are mediocre. The agency touts cool programs like Global Exchange, but those programs are extremely limited in nature. Salaries are not nearly high enough to compete.

September 4, 2018Director

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience at WE, we’re disappointed to read that you didn’t experience how much our agency values employees. As a professional services company, employees are the heartbeat of our company. The ideas, energy and hard work from each employee is valued and makes us the company we are today. We aim to support every employee on their career path by providing tools and resources for employees and managers to work together on achieving team and individuals’ business and career goals. We offer a variety of programs available to every employee and have several signature programs such as Global Pro bono and Global Exchange that are available to up to 10 percent of the workforce each year due to the investment. Good luck with your next career step and thank you for your contributions at WE.

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefit program, work life balance is real, strong leadership and thought leaders, organic culture, independently owned female founded agency.

Cons

Lack of synergy between global offices.

September 4, 2018Director

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback. We’re pleased to hear that your positive experience mirrors our aspiration. Have a great day!

"Limited opportunities for non-core PR employees"

2.0

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get with the right manager and things are great

Cons

Get with the wrong manager and beware I'm in IT and we are not understood or valued because we aren't core PR staff You have to fill out a time sheet every week like you work at Burger King or something - this makes sense for "billable" PR staff but doesn't make any sense for a role like mine

September 4, 2018Director

Thanks for your feedback. We are committed to supporting every employee, regardless of team and career path. Please contact Human Resources to further assist you.

7. "Good place to learn"

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Learning, Perks, Bonus's, Office get togethers.

Cons

Sometimes employees try and play politics

"Great people, but still an agency"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I felt loved and supported at WE. Their internship/training/mentorship culture is well established and encourages growth. Standards are high, which means when you leave you'll take with you a sharp set of skills that translate well inside and outside the industry. Most teams value collaboration and creativity and new ideas are welcome. The leadership is actively trying to adjust to a changing culture of work by experimenting with remote work, open seating in some offices, office events, and participating in the community. And the HR team is incredibly trustworthy and supportive. For the most part, you can count on your team really being behind your success and wellbeing.

Cons

This is still an agency. The work is never-ending, client-requests are paramount at the end of the day, and you can expect minimal work/life "balance." When client budgets shrink, the agency hasn't done a good enough job making sure the number of deliverables shrink with it. The results are overworked, anxious, and exhausted JR staff. Finally, the promotion system is in need of an overhaul: there are marked discrepancies depending on team or manager, so peers can have substantially different trajectories regarding promotion timeline, salary, expectations, etc. In the end, the key to growth at WE is how well you market yourself to leadership.

September 7, 2018Chief Talent Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. WE is a proud and successful independent agency. We operate in a hardworking, professional services industry and our commitment to excellence is one of the reasons we’re respected and chosen by leading brands. Our leadership team is equally passionate and committed to ensuring employees can enjoy work life harmony. Every experience is personal and we strive to give employees, managers the tools and guidance to make balanced decisions. We’re glad you felt appreciated, encouraged and supported at WE, this is very important to us. Many employees choose WE for the opportunities to learn the craft of storytelling, client management and more. We know every employee works hard. Since you posted this review, we've taken steps to reward and care for junior staff in additional ways and are committed to providing managers with trainings such as team and time management to ensure workloads are balanced and projects are adequately staffed. This week, we announced seventy-five promotions in North America, including forty at the junior levels. We’ve worked to define and accelerate the career progression and development of junior employees to support their career aspiration. Wishing you the best of success with your future career endeavors, thanks for making WE part of your journey.

9. "Great Place, Great Leadership"

Former Employee - Consultant in Singapore

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance, great work culture

Cons

No negative comments as the overall experience has been good.

10. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life Balance & work culture.

Cons

Remuneration is less compared to other industry.

Found 333 reviews