WE Communications Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 20 Feb 2018

3.6
WE Communications President and CEO Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Melissa Waggener Zorkin
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance differs amongst teams(in 44 reviews)

• "Extremely long hours with pressure to meet high billable hour goals(in 18 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Analyst - Insights & Analytics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at WE Communications full-time

Pros

I&A team is great and very supportive of each other. Management within the I&A team is good. Great benefits and flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Poor communication between I&A and Account Team. Very poor executive management of I&A. Constant change and people quit very often. Almost no diversity whatsoever which is extremely disappointing.

"Nothing was ever good enough"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Modern office Work from Home flexibility Young professional dominated Client travel Well known in industry Good on your resume going forward

Cons

The culture here is terrible. It is a cycle of burnout and client over servicing. I just kept trying and waiting for it to get better and thinking I’ll finally hit certain goals but the bar kept moving. Their strategy is to get people in there young, abuse them by working them to the core and paying them nothing and just letting them burn out til they leave. They just need the labor. Then the only people who succeed are the ones drinking the kool aid. I always heard “that’s just the way it is here” and then I got to a position where I was saying it to someone else and I hated myself for it. As people move up they treat the people under them with no mercy because that’s the experience they had at that level. They can’t keep everyone and move everyone up because they can’t afford it, so they just wait til you leave from frustration and burn out. You can’t trust anyone here with any sort of weakness or problem. It will be used against you in performance review for any excuse not to promote or give a raise. The other worst part is favoritism. Somehow a colleague who started as a intern years my junior in experience got promoted and rose the ranks so quickly and I kept hearing in needed to put in the experience.

3. "Not recommended"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Services in Hong Kong
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, welife monthly allowance

Cons

Poor management team and hr, political, fake people oriented culture

4. "Account Manager"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

- Medical and Dental - Work from Home opportunities

Cons

- long hours - not much support from senior leads

"Laid off in 2013"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at WE Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home on Fridays; people who work there are pretty smart; bucolic views of large Douglas Fir trees during a brief moment you walk by the Windows; a golden Moroni gazing upon you from the next door Mormon temple

Cons

Terrible open office environment; top heavy organization where politics trumps results; obsession with employees sending 'think mails' to show the agency how smart you are instead of doing real work; a management team haunted by the ghosts of The go-go 90s Microsoft; inability to create a functioning new business department or involve people who only work on the Microsoft account.

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful place to work, smart and fun colleagues, clients with a high bar that push and challenge you to go above and beyond your previous best, great leaders, flexible work from home policy.

Cons

Not for everyone, must be willing to go beyond the billable hour, will stretch you outside of your skillset ( a great thing for a lot of people)

"Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at WE Communications full-time

Pros

Great flexibility with the ability to work from home; diverse client roster with various opportunities to learn new skills through a variety of different projects; be ready to work hard but to celebrate your wins and successes along the way.

Cons

Work/life balance fluctuates from team to team; promotions across the organization are inconsistent

"A positive place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

ability to work from home, good benefits

Cons

work place balance is difficult

9. "Solid communications company with great people"

Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at WE Communications

Pros

WE knows its craft and is a great place to start, grow and thrive in your career. You learn the trade and learn it well, attaining highly marketable and valuable attributes that you will carry forward in your career. Very flexible work schedule and work from home options along with a fantastic benefits package and generous PTO.

Cons

It is easy to lose of sight of what work/life balance looks like here - those flexible work schedules enable an "always on" condition that clients and teammates alike come to expect and see as normal.

Continue reading
  10. "Being fiercely independent matters -- and I haven't found better!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at WE Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at several different Market/PR/Comms agencies in my 15 years in the industry, and I have yet to experience or hear of an agency as focused on the growth of its business AND its people than WE. I've been at WE just over five years, and while no place is roses and butterflies all the time, I truly do believe that WE's leadership cares about its people--so I stay. Evidence: great benefits (I mean, who still offers sabbaticals?), untold numbers of training programs, global exchange opportunities, lots of fun parties/social activities, kick-ass (and VERY competitive) internship program, paid volunteer hours (and big focus on social good), consistent and regular raises/promotions, flexible working hours and work from home options. Super smart people come here (and stay here) -- and do super smart work for their clients. I also love that our new brand identity is bold and aggressive and edgy -- something we can and should be when we're independent and on a rising star.

Cons

Some people don't like our Bellevue location (I personally don't mind it at all -- would rather have free parking and less congestion vs downtown Seattle). Not every manager is a great manager -- but the grass is never greener at other places I've learned, that's just how every workplace works.

Found 26 reviews