Waracle Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2021

Found 30 of over 38 reviews

4.8
Waracle CEO Chris Martin (no image)
Chris Martin
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 11, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is a great place to work with a fantastic culture and genuine aim to look after their employees wellbeing.

Cons

Nothing really to note in terms of cons. Maybe silo working at times but this is due to remote in current circumstances.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with a diverse culture

Mar 7, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They company is growing very fast. The management is really working hard and they care for their employees.

Cons

The company is not very big but they are doing very well. I am positive about it.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

181 Comments

Tech

34.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Waracle~921790
    Join the conversation on
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Company

Dec 9, 2020 - User Experience Researcher in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of varied projects to work on Team leads and HR are very supportive Upper management actually cares about the staff

Cons

Sometimes you can be dropped onto new projects with very little onboarding time.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company I've worked for

Dec 8, 2020 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good trusting culture - Best design team that I have ever worked with

Cons

None that I can think of

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for

Dec 4, 2020 - Project Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Waracle have a great company culture and take really good care of their employees. They genuinely want you to be happy in your job. As a result they have a very low employee turnover and most people stay there for a long time. - Very interesting projects across different industries - They trust you to do your job and let you work on your own initiative. At the same time there’s always someone available to ask for advice or share concerns with. - Very flexible working arrangements, a lot of it can be remote - By far the best employer I‘ve had so far!

Cons

- If you’re working on one project you have little touchpoints with the other project teams in the company. There are opportunities though to meet more people from outside your team, like company calls, last Friday lunch events etc.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible experience that can make you rethink career choices

Dec 3, 2020 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to think of any apart from early leaving on a Friday

Cons

Terrible onboarding process with few interactions with middle management. Hiring on a lower wage than previously and thus taking advantage of the government lockdown with other companies' recruitment processes frozen. Management scheming and setting up a new joiner to fail. Hardware provided for work not fit for purpose. Overall, if you are brave enough to experience a toxic atmosphere, then go for it. Otherwise, save yourself the hassle and take your experience and talents elsewhere.

5 people found this review helpful

Waracle Response

Head of Human Resources

Hello Anonymous. I'm incredibly sorry that you felt this way about Waracle. This is not a review that I recognise or that rings true. We strive to look after our employees, it's one of the foundations of the Waracle culture. We would never hire somebody with a view to firing them; it costs a vast amount to hire, train and onboard a new employee. If you would like to contact me to discuss your experience directly please feel free to do so - Angela Rieu-Clarke, Waracle HR Director

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company culture really is as good as it seems

Aug 30, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company thrives on attracting A-players and then is great at letting them get on with their work to produce fantastic results. Masses of time is put into engendering and maintaining a really positive and supportive environment. Upper management are open and accessible and the company has a real pride in how it treats its most valuable resoure.

Cons

In my experience there are none. I really tried hard to think of something too!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful company

Jul 31, 2020 - Project Manager in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really takes care of its staff, and genuinely treats them like humans. Very friendly and playful atmosphere. Excellent culture.

Cons

Disconnect and some siloing between different departments.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing opportunity!

May 29, 2020 - QA Tester in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waracle for me, has been a wild ride before I joined the amazing team. When I first applied, I was rejected due to my lack of experience with mobile testing, however a huge stroke of luck happened and a week later after receiving my rejection, I got an email asking if I was available for a quick call. Turns out despite having the lack of experience in certain areas, I was given a huge chance with receiving an interview with Waracle's QA team! Due to current reasons with the virus going round, my interview was conducted online to keep both myself and the interviewers safe. Interview process was great. Overall lasted an hour at most. Both the interviewers made sure I was in a relaxed environment, even though I was in my own home, and just made sure we were talking on friendly levels. Interview itself consisted with questions about Waracle, my experience, some questions about QA and lastly a short test to value my skills in test case writing and observation. After the interview was completed, I was told an answer would be given shortly and just after a few days, I received the email! Amazing!

Cons

Only cons I have really is the situation with the virus. I haven't been able to see the office or even any staff face to face yet!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for!

May 17, 2020 - Quality Assurance Tester in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A company that actually cares for the welfare and development of it's employees. - Everyone at the company is so friendly, helpful and approachable, from the CEO to the HR staff. - Competative salary and rewards. - Fantasic work and life balance. A someone with a young family having a degree of flexibility in how I work has been invaluable. - The job itself has been very enjoyable and rewarding, with a strong team to back you up.

Cons

I have not found anything negative about the company yet!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews