Wasabi Sushi and Bento Employee Reviews about "speak english"

Updated 25 Jun 2019

2.9
Wasabi Sushi and Bento Owner Dong Hyun Kim
Dong Hyun Kim
Pros
  • "had fun, free food on shift, lots of colleagues(in 10 reviews)

• "Nice people, good training, good free lunch(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most of the managers are condescending and doesn't even speak English well(in 5 reviews)

• "Made good friends but only spoke of how much we hated Wasabi(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "speak english"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "amazing"

4.0
    Former Employee - Floor Team Member in London, England

I worked at Wasabi Sushi and Bento part-time for less than a year

Pros

had fun, free food on shift, lots of colleagues

Cons

heavy lifting hurt back, many couldn't speak english well

Wasabi Sushi and Bento2019-06-24
  2. "Based off personal experience"

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England

I have been working at Wasabi Sushi and Bento part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food Flexible hours Team members are friendly Fast paced environment Good for short term experience

Cons

If you get good at doing everything then they will always put you on closing shift. So, I would say just make sure you state what time you want to do. Many can not speak english No paid breaks/ sick leave Expectations are too high for what we get paid After training period your pay doesn't go up unless you remind them. They also might not pay you for the breaks you didn’t take so keep an eye out for that.

Wasabi Sushi and Bento2019-06-25
  3. "Inhumane."

1.0

I have been working at Wasabi Sushi and Bento full-time

Pros

I can't see any to be honest. The 'perks' are really not worth it.

Cons

Yes you get free lunch but the hot food is very, very unhealthy. You will be treated like dirt. You'll be hounded and bullied, it never stops. They'll make sure you know you're useless. You'll be on minimum wage. You can't keep tips. There's a weekly 'mystery shopper', if the report is good everyone gets a small bonus. Frequent audits and inspections. Language is a huge problem as the majority of staff don't speak English. It's a very stressful environment and too many difficult customers. The 'staff room' ( at my branch ) is a joke. The morale is very low. Crazy workload.

Wasabi Sushi and Bento2018-11-26
  4. "Worst fast food better work for mcdonalds"

1.0
    Floor Team Member in London, England

I worked at Wasabi Sushi and Bento

Pros

Free lunch. Some staff are nice. Very few managers are professional

Cons

Higher up are racist. They will make you work hard for minimum wage. Most of the managers are condescending and doesn't even speak English well. Head office staff are unprofessional when you need something you will have to wait over 4 months.

Wasabi Sushi and Bento2017-03-29
  5. "good job for a first job in UK"

2.0
     in Leeds, England

I have been working at Wasabi Sushi and Bento

Pros

I came from another country, to work in the UK. This was my first job in UK. I applied online, they called me for a trial a few days later and after the trial had finished they let me know immediately i got the job. when i started, everything was very interesting. i learned a lot of things as regards the Japanese ingredients used for sushi, recipes that i had never heard before in my life. i also learned what team work is since, in that particular kitchen, each one of us was working at a different section and then all the sushi were put together in a box. for example there is the hosomaki section, the schumaki section the packaging section, the rice section etc etc. everything in the kithcen is extremely organized and CLEAN. it is was great opportunity to make new friends. they give you 28 days holiday per year and sick pay as well.

Cons

after a while the work became repetitive and boring. usually during the summer period the order you have to cover is huge, and is impossible to make it within the time limit they give you. if you dont finish on time they DONT pay for the extra hours. we had inspection from time to time so a manager from the central office was coming to see what we were doing. he is standing behind you while you work and takes pictures and notes of everything you are doing. you could fail even if he finds a piece of rice in the machine you were using ( which you are supposed to clean it after you finish) As a result you have to be extremely fast or the other choice is working extra without getting paid. too many unreliable colleagues that dont even speak english

Wasabi Sushi and Bento2016-08-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews