Watlow Electric Manufacturing Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Jan 3, 2021

Found 7 of over 151 reviews

3.7
Watlow Electric Manufacturing President and CEO Peter T. Desloge (no image)
Peter T. Desloge
Pros
  • "Good pay and benefits, tuition reimbursement,(in 6 reviews)

• "The people who work here are great, always willing to help each other, family environment(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Relatively low pay and benefits could be better(in 7 reviews)

• "Upper management not good at communicating with employees on the floor(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cool job if your just looking for a paycheck

Jan 3, 2021 - Manufacturing in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really can’t think of any other than a pay check.

Cons

Low pay. Short breaks. Overworked

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Good place

Sep 30, 2020 - Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and good hours

Cons

Low pay. No benefits as contract

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Production

Jan 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team members to work with for the most part. A lot of 1st positions.

Cons

Low pay Doesn't take care of long term employees You must lack common courtesy to be promoted If you're full of BS you're sure to be promoted High turn over Crazy amount of overtime Takes raises from long term employees to increase wages for new team members Judges people's intelligence of appearance They have the worst HR Department Favoritism No accountability

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nice place to work, could pay better.

Sep 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work, great coworkers. Good balance of work/family. Good working environment.

Cons

Relatively low pay and benefits could be better.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Jul 7, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, friendly and fun environment. Employees are encouraged to be entrepreneurial.

Cons

Low pay. No clear career path. Higher position are often filled with people from outside.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Engineer

Apr 20, 2015 - Engineer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment where people care about each other

Cons

Low pay for operators combined with expensive benefits package

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They really don't care

Aug 20, 2014 - Operator II
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like most of my co-works and I really thought my last supervisor was cool to have. I like our facility meetings that explain the business and the future outlook. I like our CI and Customer Service team. They come down and help us if needed and listen to our problems and help us the best they can.

Cons

This place has no incentive to do good. You all get the same raise now. That same raise the last few years has been very weak. This company claims to never make money. Its a good or bad year they tell us that there is no money and they need what they have to invest in new projects. I have never worked for a company that can say it was the best year they have ever had but we have no money in the same speech. The only problem is the new projects are personal pet projects. If your looking for management to listen to you and help fix the problems you have on the line. You might want to keep looking for another company. They want to hear it, and ask for it, but if it requires more than that to get it solved- forget it then. We have a weird system in this facility management naming . My supervisor has a department boss called a Value Leader . This guy doesn't do anything unless its his idea or his way. He asked for my opinion and didn't even listen to it. In the end he had the answer and asked the team to pretty much say this was the best option. No one liked the idea and if he ever worked with us on the floor he would know it couldn't be done like he wanted. If this was a normal job, I would say that's the business. BUT this company stresses, "Oh listen to the employees" and "they do the job and know the best solution." This guy talks the talk, but fails to walk the walk. I liked the last few managers we use to have. This guy makes excuses for everything if we want something fixed too. He always has time and people and money for his projects but never for anyone else's. If you want to improve something in your area you might want to bring your own stuff from home since you'll never get it. I've been working on the same broken equipment since I started here. I guess it never made the fix list. I know the production numbers will make the list though, broken equipment or not. Our HR system is a Joke X10. We have no help or support except for 1 very nice lady that everyone likes because she always smiles and helps you. The other 3 in that office are useless to everyone. The Turn-over is terrible in our facility and the only answer that is given is "oh well". The expensive benefits and low pay are a big part of it. They don't want to hear it because they want to believe the location or the skill level of the job is making people leave. Pay people better or better benefits - No, that can't be the reason, we just have a poor location for people to travel to. For my last thought on this place. I had vacation saved up and wanted an out of the country type vacation. So I asked for 3 weeks and was told no because others were off a few days in that time frame. It's 3 weeks. When am I going to find a time with no one off during 3 weeks of time. Who wrote some of these awesome reviews on this company. Maybe the date has to do something with it. I see it's getting worse each year and maybe back then it was better It sounds like the owners of the company wrote those great reviews. I bet less than 1 out of 10 on the lines would give it over 2 stars best case.

1 person found this review helpful