We Are Social Reviews

Updated 29 Apr 2021

4.0
We Are Social Co-Founder and Group CEO  Nathan McDonald
Nathan McDonald
Pros
  • "Really connected global network(in 8 reviews)

• "Great people across all departments(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes, they work you very hard and long hours especially if you are not up to standard with your own task(in 9 reviews)

• "No regard for work/life balance(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

I fantastic place to work with fantastic people.

1 Mar 2021 - Midweight Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Great office and location. Ski trip/conference each year. Free breakfast every morning. Recognition for good work. 5pm Friday finish which is then made a 4pm Friday finish in the summer. Regular external speakers invited to talk about relevant topics/issues. Workplace culture is more important here than anywhere I've worked previously. The perks are great and the company really seems to look after their employees even since the pandemic hit and we are no longer working together in the office.

Cons

The expectation to work overtime for free as others have put but at the same time you can speak up and make sure you get time off in lieu.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great name but red flags everywhere

6 Feb 2021 - Creative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Big clients that you can move around quickly, - People is incredibly welcoming and really is what makes the place - Work in certain clients is really worth it and the output outstanding

Cons

- Quick turnarounds - Be expected to work late and weekends unpaid on a regular basis - Very unclear progression path across all departments - Very small promotions - Give a lot of talks about mental health, diversity and inclusion but take no factual action - Half the benefits before covid were office related, these haven’t been updated to remote alternatives

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic client base and small agency vibe with global network backing

19 Mar 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing client base and small agency vibe with global network backing, what more could you want? Flat hierarchy which was great for feeling part of something and like opinions matter and could go somewhere. Would recommend this role to someone who is a real self starter and looking to work with blue chip brands in the social creative world. Great company perks on a European level, mixing with neighbouring country offices regularly, real international feel!

Cons

Typical agency cons - irregular hours at times, lots of juggling

4. 4.0

Employee-first equitable social agency

12 Apr 2021 - Editor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. Progression prospects. Great clients. Responsibility. Culture.

Cons

The hours can be tough.

5. 2.0

Hidden Problems

19 Jan 2021 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free drinks and breakfast. Good opportunity to work on well known brands. Can get some good experience if you sacrifice your outside work life. Some training available.

Cons

Constant workload OVERLOAD to unrealistic timelines. 'Yes' account managers that pass pressure onto other departments. Strategy department can be a dead zone in the agency, offering brands little value and leaving other departments to pick up the pieces after burning precious time. High turnover of staff and cliquey atmosphere.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Amazing!

18 Feb 2021 - Administrative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely working environment, everyone so friendly and great perks!

Cons

Nothing I can think of

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyable & Social

27 Jan 2021 - Senior Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Cool clients - Lots of shoot opportunities even at Junior level - Fun to work at

Cons

- Earlier social culture declined as it grew bigger

8. 5.0

Exciting place to work

1 Feb 2021 - People Operations Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top talent, progressive thinking, exciting work

Cons

Fast pace won't be for everyone

9. 5.0

Great place to work

8 Jan 2021 - Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People are the best. The Culture makes it special. Great Clients. Great work to be proud of.

Cons

None that I can think of. Work hard and be accountable.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent perks, toxic culture

6 Dec 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having a global network of peers to work with is definitely a perk. They also provide free snacks, free breakfast and free alcohol.

Cons

Despite what they preach about mental health and wellbeing, I saw working longer hours as a cause for celebration, it's pretty much the norm at this agency. I saw my colleagues having breakdowns and missing important life moments because they felt pressured to do work or finish a pitch. Employees who follow this example are the ones who regularly win employee awards, sending a really toxic message to junior members of staff and newcomers. I had the worst time of my career, mentally, during my time at We Are Social. I got tired of the witnessing infighting, toxic behaviour, abuse of privilege, cliques, gaslighting from managers (including my own) and senior members of staff, and the incredible toll that the toxic culture had on my mental wellbeing.

3 people found this review helpful