Web Spiders Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Web Spiders Reviews

Updated Sep 15, 2019

Found 121 reviews

4.0
Web Spiders CEO Siddharth Jhunjhunwala (no image)
Siddharth Jhunjhunwala
Pros
  • "A wonderful place for the people who have an eagerness to learn new technologies(in 11 reviews)

• "The management makes sure that we know about every new technology and development that is introduced in our respective fields(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No HR Policy : Here HR are just for hiring people and everything else is ordered by the management and they follow(in 10 reviews)

• "There is no HR policies as such(in 7 reviews)

"An absolute joke of an organisation"

I worked at Web Spiders full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are literally zero pros to working here

Cons

There are to many to mention. However, the most important one is that you are rarely paid on time and then receive emails telling you that if you're not happy with the situation, then Web Spiders 'isn't the right company for you'! Literally the most offensive communication I've ever seen from any organisation I've ever worked for. The Management seem to think they're some sort of latter day Google. Their... understanding of the marketplace is simply laughable. I would suggest seeing how they operate in order to understand how not to operate. If you are considering working, here I would suggest you do so at your peril.

Advice to Management

Any advice is pointless. They are so blinkered and lack any sort of respect for their employees. The way management address employees is disgusting

Web Spiders2018-09-10

"Solution Architect"

I worked at Web Spiders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Happy days of your life are gone

Cons

- Top Management has not ethics, moral non supportive. - Always under pressure (Quality in not important) - Rat race thought process - Trusting HR is the first mistake 2nd is joining the company after that its blunder.

Web Spiders2016-04-16
  3. "Join only if money is all that matters"

I worked at Web Spiders full-time

Pros

1. Great colleagues 2. Seniors are helpful

Cons

1. Major Management issues. 2. High quit rates. 3. HR has no control over any issue. Powerless to bridge the gap between employees and management.

Web Spiders2019-09-15

"I was not comfortable working at WS."

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Calcutta
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Web Spiders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Too much and unexpected salary hike...!!!!!

Cons

There is issue with salary... I don't like the salary month structure (from 21st of month#1 till 20th of month#2) there. I have references to other companies, with 200+ employees they still give salary by the end of the month but here it is on 10th of month#3. There is no fixed so called log on or off time... I have experienced that people work late night here, I am so not into it. I don't like coming and... working on any weekend, here it seemed to be quite often here. You can come anytime but you have to stay there for 9 hours, even if you don't have any work! The management thinks, you are slave to them and if you don't come to office on weekends, when ever needed, you are committing a crime. There is no work and life balance... I never thought shift time of 12:00 pm would be so much trouble some to me. And in future I may have to stay late night so it is kind of unpleasant for me. So I think I may can get toppled off the balance. I have noticed, people leave late night and has to come even early on the next day. Transport problem... The office is at Rajarhat, New Town; near Rishi Tech Park. On the way to office I find it is not easy to get transport, though I get Bus or shuttle from Airport Bus Stand. But on way back it is really hard to get any transport at all, I had to call Cab to reach every day. I don't like the project and all... The project handling is not up to the standard, it seemed no one has clues of anything what so ever. That is what making it slow and people need to stay for long hours to find and fix the issues. Thank God I left with in a few days to get back to the previous job. Please don't go there unless you have no other better job!

Advice to Management

WOW! Making people work more than 8 hour, day in and day out, is a crime! 'Do it now!', is possible when you are giving proper knowledge and material to the people who are working on the product.

Web Spiders2019-09-11

"Worst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

I have been working at Web Spiders full-time

Pros

There is nothing pros except free breakfast for morning shift

Cons

No fixed office time No respect No salary time No HR policy No management policy Fake commitments to clients They can call you anytime in office event at 1am Full politics to remove talents It's not a MNC, actual office is only in India in other countries there are only 1 or person who are working from home HR works whatever the management will say. Zero employee centric Zero client centric. No... culture No work life balance They will treat you like servant

Advice to Management

It's an IT company treat it like that. Don't include people who have zero knowledge about the hygine and work ethics in a IT company.

Web Spiders2019-08-17
  6. "My Experience in Web Spiders (India) Pvt.Ltd."

Current Employee - Content Writer in Calcutta

I have been working at Web Spiders full-time for less than a year

Pros

1: Huge learning opportunities 2: Supportive project managers and team leads 3: Amazing work environment 4: Humane HR policies

Cons

1: Delayed apprisals 2: Unavailability of pick and drop services in case you've to work till late hours

Web Spiders2019-07-03
  7. "THANKING WS"

I have been working at Web Spiders full-time

Pros

One day I fell extremely sick at office. HR team was informed and I was taken to a multi-specialty hospital & my proper emergency treatment was done. I was happy and in true sense , I felt WS is my family. The phase I went through made me realize that I am very much blessed to be in such a company where HR team & Management team is so much caring just like my family members. I am really grateful to... our WS Group for such empathy and care.

Cons

If you get such care you will forget about small cons that exist at WS.

Advice to Management

Not required

Web Spiders2019-04-04

"Best company in mid range"

Former Employee - Technical Support Manager in Calcutta

I worked at Web Spiders full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Spends & promotes on recent technologies

Cons

Work pressure for employees has no control

Advice to Management

Watch at work life balance

Web Spiders2019-01-18
  9. "Good working culture"

Current Employee - Junior Technical Associate in Rajarhat

I have been working at Web Spiders full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly family atmosphere, very different to anywhere else i'hve worked. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills make the role your own, the free evening snacks and fruits is bonous.

Cons

Nothing much to mention here. . .

Web Spiders2019-01-04

"Progressive thinking company with culture of Workplace flexibility"

Current Employee - Junior Technical Associate in Rajarhat

I have been working at Web Spiders full-time for less than a year

Pros

I found that WS focus is less on work/life balance, and more on the integration of life and work. The company company values the contribution of an employee, and not just the physical hours worked. If WFH requested, to attend wife or parents for a week or months, based on situtation, I have seen HR promptly approve such requests.WS has always given employees time off for school PTMs, appointments and allowed me to... leave early for school functions. This brings about loyalty and satisfaction in employees I believe.

Cons

None as yet as such

Web Spiders2018-12-30