Weber Shandwick Assistant Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 19 reviews

4.2
Weber Shandwick CEO Gail Heimann
Gail Heimann

"Great name, great clients.... not so great other things"

Assistant Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Weber Shandwick for less than a year

Pros

Lots of really good clients in their portfolio Great reputation

Cons

Long hours for not great pay Little training Few perks

Weber Shandwick2016-08-15

"Uninspiring environment with a lot of pressure to perform but little close to none incentives to do well"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team working environment, good benefits such as health plan/discounted hotel rates etc.

Cons

Ridiculous bureaucracy, laughable and offensive pay, difficult access to other positions within the company in other departments, stressful sector, slave work for little pay.

Weber Shandwick2013-10-18
  3. "Great experience, but time for a change"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, smart intellectual teams, engaging opportunities.

Cons

Inconsistent when it comes to work life balance.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key, and pay your employees more fairly.

Weber Shandwick2017-07-28

"Intern"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

An internship at Weber Shandwick is a great place to kick-off your career. The internship provides a hands-on experience allowing you to work across different practices and clients. A few other benefits below: - Paid internship - Great team, there is always someone who is willing to help (just ask) - Work-life balance is great - Opportunity to grow

Cons

- The workload can be tough to manage at times as there are days when there isn't enough work and days were there is too much work. - No clear sense of direction at times from management

Weber Shandwick2017-05-04

Weber Shandwick Response

June 2, 2017Vice President

We appreciate your taking the time to share with us about your internship experience. We’re glad it was a valuable experience as you begin your career. If you have any concerns, please reach out to Jose or Luca and they can talk through any challenges regarding workload or expectations.

5. "Great Culture, Great Clients"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with Top 10 Fortune 500 clients every day and the hours can be long sometimes, but my team is so supportive and so is my work. I wouldn't work anywhere but Weber. It's clear that they know happy people = better work. The free coffee and food is also a major plus.

Cons

Demanding clients who sometimes ask far, far too much of junior level staff. Sometimes I was working 60 hours +, but senior staff helped me with my workload.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your staff the way you are treating them and offer junior level employees room for growth. The knowledge of the promotion cycle is what is keeping me motivated day in and day out.

Weber Shandwick2016-10-17
  6. "Fast Paced and Creative"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weber creates quality work, fosters a fun office environment and is committed to exposing younger hires to many aspects of their clients' business.

Cons

Unspoken rule to be available for clients 24/7, can sometimes get bogged down in so much day-to-day work it's hard to step back for more creativity.

Advice to Management

Foster an environment with better work/life balanace and try to understand those that perform better with more "me" time away from their desk.

Weber Shandwick2016-09-19

"Save yourself time...and go anywhere else so you can actually grow and learn"

Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Weber Shandwick for less than a year

Pros

The name sounds somewhat fancy on the resume, but I wish I could travel back in time to tell myself to pass on Weber's offer (and get back nearly a year of my life).

Cons

Expect to be hired with promises to advance from HR and management, but very little follow-through despite their vows and your commitment to the company and its clients. You will commit to VERY long hours with no work-to-life balance. You can forget about your personal relationships, weekends or any other activities that are important to you. On the crisis team, we regularly worked 13-16 hour days. A typical... day would begin with early morning media monitoring reports (7am) and would finish with frantic requests from management for "quick research" usually beginning at 6pm (which will sometimes carry into 11pm or later). You'll be offered vague direction (if you're lucky), or will simply be forwarded a string of emails from management who will expect you to figure out what is needed without an actual briefing. This pattern regularly carries over into the weekend, and over the holidays, despite the fact that no actual client crisis exists. Additionally, expect to witness some unethical behavior from management. Also expect to be uninspired as you continuously recycle and "tweak" old proposals for new clients to avoid "re-inventing the wheel." Overall, extremely poor management coupled with a bloated, vertically structured culture that's hung up on bureaucracy and hierarchy. Additionally, be prepared to watch management belittle "junior" level employees while joking about how little the junior staff is paid. In fact, junior staffers met with HR for mediation several times find solutions for what was widely described as a toxic, unprofessional working environment. HR did not follow-through with ways to improve, management did not adjust negative behavior, and employees continued to quit or be miserable at work until they left (one employee left each month during my time there). Since leaving, I have advised every person I've spoken to to avoid this company at all costs. You will be promised a lot, but none of those promises are actually delivered despite the MANY sacrifices you WILL make (and are expected to make) for the company. Absolutely no payoff!

Advice to Management

Value all employees, address low worker morale and follow-through with promises to advance dedicated workers. This may best be accomplished by firing senior management and starting over.

Weber Shandwick2016-07-16
  8. "Assistant Account Executive"

Assistant Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Endless opportunity and you're surrounded by some of the most creative and intelligent people in the business.

Cons

Stress full with demanding hours

Weber Shandwick2016-04-04
  9. "Overworked but sometimes fun"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great smart people, cool accounts, perks of working for a large agency

Cons

Really slow at adapting to change in accounts or clients, leading to overworked teams and positions left unfilled for too long

Weber Shandwick2015-10-10
  10. "Assistant Account Executive"

Assistant Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Weber Shandwick

Pros

Fun and great culture, caring coworkers

Cons

Stressful, a lot of work

Advice to Management

N/A

Weber Shandwick2015-07-07