Weber Shandwick Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Jun 2020

3.5
Weber Shandwick President and CEO Gail Heimann
Gail Heimann
Pros
Cons
  • "Lower salaries compared to other agencies, poor work/life balance(in 77 reviews)

• "Long hours, poor salaries for entry levels(in 70 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Good culture, smart people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, look after employees, good work life balance, wide range of top clients.

Cons

Could do with better structure in terms of career developement

2. "Good for your CV"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunitiy ot work on great clients

Cons

Culture needs work, work life balance often isn't great

"Not clear guidance on career progression"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Work life balance Colleagues Finishing at 4.30 on Fridays (during Summer)

Cons

People at the same level earn more or less depending on the value they are given by line managers

Continue reading
  4. "Harassment , Bullying , Culturally shocked"

2.0

I worked at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Good name to have your resume, Good employee benefits

Cons

the Managing Director for their sister concern creation at New Delhi is a bully, rude and vindictive if you happen to complain against one of his favorites in the team he would be biased and would ensure that your life becomes hell by way of overloading you with work with unrealistic timelines and if you try to have a conversation or put your point across he would humiliate you in front of team members. I was brought to a level that I finally resigned thinking that my life would become easier but I was so wrong, they went ahead and started humiliating me I was forced to work for more than my agreed notice period to ensure that I was taught a lesson alongside my other team mates so nobody would dare to say anything. While I can't say the same for WS as many teams there have fantastic managers and their work - life balance is also better as I used to interact with many of them

Weber Shandwick Response

March 19, 2018Vice President

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We have a zero-tolerance policy for all forms of harassment in our workplace, and we strive to ensure that all employees can enjoy a respectful and supportive environment. We’re sorry that your experience did not meet these expectations. We encourage our employees to let us know if they have personally experienced or witnessed any form of harassment by reporting it to HR, their manager and/or our IPG Alertline. We investigate all complaints as thoroughly and confidentially as possible, and any violations of our policy will be dealt with appropriately.

5. "Weber Shandwick"

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

An amazing client portfolio, exposure to industry leading work

Cons

As with most agencies in the industry, you'll need to work hard to find the best work life balance.

"He For He Not He For She: Double Standards at Weber Shandwick"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's always going to be good to have Weber Shandwick on your CV. The clients are well known and global. There is a real feeling of innovation and working on big campaigns. There's lots of good training for AEs and AMs and you can learn a lot.

Cons

Work life balance is awful. The hours are really long and it's got worse over the last few years. Sometimes you get lieu days but only if you have done a big project. There's no respect for life outside work. There's a big issue with the senior management in London which some of the other posts have mentioned. It's laughable that the agency runs the He For She campaign. It's all about He For He here. If you are a woman above Account Director level, don't work here. Work here as an AE or AM and get your promotion to AD and then leave. The CFPA team (corporate, financial and public affairs) team in London is not a good place to work if you are a woman. There are about 10 senior men with big egos and 2 women (and they are busy having babies which the rest of the team can't relate to). There were more senior women but they have all left recently. There are no female associates to look up to. The PA team make lots of sexist comments all the time. They think it's funny. It's not. There are not many women on the team and it can get uncomfortable. If you complain about the comments you are told it's just banter. It's like working in a rugby club. I've read the post about the U.S. digital team using the interns as a dating pool. It's not like that and I don't know anybody who's had that problem here. It's just comments that men think are ok when they aren't. There is a group of men who all do international work. Nobody really knows what they do. Last year one of them had to tell us in a team meeting what they did to justify it. All I know is they think they run the place. They are rude to junior staff and give the good projects to the male Account Managers which is so annoying for the women who all work really hard. It seems if you suck up to certain men you get good projects. They are never in the office, or arrive late, go to lunch all day or fall asleep at their in the office. Yes really. It's just not motivating if you are in your 20s.

Continue reading
  7. "Good growth opportunities"

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time

Pros

Socially progressive leadership, good growth opportunities

Cons

Lower salaries compared to other agencies, poor work/life balance

8. "No work life balance"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great PR experience, opportunities to work with clients across sectors, lots of free food.

Cons

Insufficient pay and no work life balance

9. "Cool Work"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than a year

Pros

cool clients, cool campaigns. work life balance

Cons

not enough money in raises/promos

10. "Great if ambitious"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Weber Shandwick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is top notch with big clients

Cons

Pay is low in comparison to other agencies and there is no work life balance

Found 113 reviews