Webuyanycar.com Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2021

Found 324 of over 325 reviews

3.4
Webuyanycar.com President/CFO Craig Remar (no image)
Craig Remar
Pros
  • "My area manager is great, very personable and understands that life happens(in 13 reviews)

• "years, in that time I’ve progressed from a Retail Branch Manager to a trainer (Model(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This company has long hours with no Saturdays off(in 31 reviews)

• "At the Area Manager level, you have to prioritize very well, as the workload is not possible to complete some days(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best management to work under

May 22, 2021 - Branch Manager in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

•management look after you and accommodate to your needs • very easy to earn bonus if you follow the guidelines • you manage your own diary and customers • everyday is a new day

Cons

•Working weekends (but hey, it is retail after all)

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for overall

Jul 20, 2021 - Branch Manager in Frome, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bonus structure Customer service experience is the real only experience needed, all training is presise and you're paid for learning. BAsed all around the UK so easy to move to different areas If you work extra days (Your choice) you're paid 100 per day Incentives to push harder most months

Cons

Little messy when it comes to IT infustructure which can cause issues with apps and wait time for appointments Hours are longer than necessary, and you're not paid before 10am or after 1900, even though you're required to start at 9:30, and sometimes run late if it's a busy day. Due to the push to pull people in, WEBAC do not make it clear enough about car condition costs to customers before they visit. This means more likely than not they expect the price they see on the screen before we look at the car... You can feel alone as you work away from other employees, no real team building like small trips, days together etc like other car retail jobs

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Horrible company, PLEASE think twice.

Jun 21, 2021 - Retail Branch Manager/Area Buyer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beware - Just as I was leaving the my manager were asking staff to put positive reviews on Glassdoor (as the manager was stood at your shoulder), keep this in mind when you're reading positive reviews... The other buyers/'branch managers' are generally good people, I made some good friends working here. You get the title 'Retail Branch Manager' - you are actually a Buyer or Vehicle Purchaser. Great if you like working extra hours for no extra pay. Excellent promotion opportunities (if you used to work at the same company as senior management).

Cons

Management have no respect for staff. Finished your shift? Nope, you still have to drive around the city/county/country to drop off branch and vehicle keys. Many branches have no running water or toilet facilities. Dare to take your allotted lunch break? Expect a dressing down for not being in branch. Honestly, PLEASE think twice before you take a job here. They will offer you the world at interview, the reality is very different. This isn't coming from a 'disgruntled employee', I worked there for 5 years and left because I retrained to start a new career. In 5 years there was never a pay rise, promotion opportunity or basically any positive change in working conditions. The pay can seem good, but when you consider the hours (you sign a 48 hour per week contract) you are barely above minimum wage. If you worked 48 hours p/w in a supermarket you would earn the same money and have none of the stress and disrespect you will see every day here.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for!!!

May 19, 2021 - Model Branch Manager in Newark on Trent, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job is what you make it if you work hard and commit to the job you can reap the rewards and earn a lot of money i love my job and am so glad i found this job 3 years ago. I have been working with the company 3 years and i am now a model branch manager that allows me to train new starters which i really enjoy as it brings a new perspective to the job, i really enjoy looking at all the cars we get through the branch and buying as many as possible. my regional manager has always been there to support and assist in any way possible to help me earn the bonus i deserve! i work in the Nottinghamshire Lincolnshire region and my regional manager is Danielle Walkden i have worked with many managers in my career since starting this job and others and she is definitely one of the best managers i have worked for its great to see a great manager support a team to be as good as it can be!! It definitely helps to have a manager that believes in you it makes the job even more satisfying.

Cons

sometimes the hours can be long however this is countered by being aloud to leave early on another day if you have had to stay over your leave time so although this is the only con i can think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You get out what you put in!

May 19, 2021 - Regional Manager in Morecambe, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This business is a business like no other I have been part of before, the consistent passion and drive to reward the staff financially with incentives is fantastic. Of course there’s the normal bonus structure which is extremely competitive to say the least. But there are also weekly and even daily opportunities to improve your earnings for yourself and your teams, just for doing your job! - I love it! - previous roles have had me working like a dog for a basic wage, here they never expect or want you to take away a basic wage and that’s a sign of an amazing business to be part of!

Cons

During the massive expansion it is currently undergoing to have branches within 15 minutes of you, regardless of where you live in the UK, it is rushing some new branches and missing out some key items to help the branch managers do their jobs effectively. - weekend and bank holiday work is a con to a lot of people, but as I have worked in retail since I was 16 it is just part of everyday life. Working hours are 10-7 during the week; I feel like a flexible shift pattern such as 10-6 and 12-8 would be better.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

left to get on with it

Jul 26, 2021 - Manager in Stirling, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

left to simply do your job, felt valued, trusted 7 respected

Cons

you dont have physical team around you daily

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

A nice twist on a typical motor trade sales role

Jul 20, 2021 - Regional Manager in Exeter, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great basics, Great colleagues, Good bonus plans, Incentives, working hours suit me as i am not a morning person!

Cons

Weather can be your friend or enemy!

8. 5.0

Great Company, Great People, Great Fun

May 21, 2021 - Senior Branch Manager in Chelmsford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working with webuyanycar.com for around 2 and a half years, and thus far have really enjoyed my job so far. I love cars so for me it really works, and you get to see a lot of nice vehicles. The managers are friendly and approachable, and I’ve always found the level of support offered to a fantastic standard. I’ve always felt looked after. We have a great bonus incentive which has really helped me maximise the amount I can earn, and I relish the challenge of being able to take home more than my basic.

Cons

Every job has its downsides, you won’t like everything. But for me, I’m happy in my role, and really enjoy what I do.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Priorities are all wrong

Jul 18, 2021 - Branch Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid at the end of the month & some customers are nice

Cons

The only thing this company cares about is buying cars and harassing customers on the phone Unorganised, unprofessional and depressing

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bright future

May 22, 2021 - Retail Branch Manager in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve Been in the business since December 2019. The business in a really goodie place right now and going forward is looking positive for all employees. A recent reshuffle in management has taken some creases out and really has employee satisfaction at the heart of what they’re trying to do now. You get to be your own boss essentially. All the help you need is a phone call away and you have the opportunity to generate your own income through the excellent bonus scheme.

Cons

Weekend work is almost unavoidable

Viewing 1 - 10 of 324 Reviews