WeddingWire Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

WeddingWire Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated 26 Jan 2019

5.0
WeddingWire CEO Timothy Chi (no image)
Timothy Chi
  1. "A terrific place to start and build a career in DC"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Fast-paced environment with fresh challenges on a regular basis -Supportive colleagues and strong intra-department camaraderie -Catered breakfast -Fulfilling leadership and career growth opportunities for those that seek them out -Socially relaxed environment

Cons

-Very few opportunities for ongoing training and development, even for skills related to job responsibilities -Relative uncertainty surrounding the company's products and structure in light of a recent merger

WeddingWire2019-01-26

"Coming to Work Isn't a Chore"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

WW is truly a great place to work. There are many reasons why, which I'll explain, but the two takeaways are 1) this an organization that genuinely cares about its people, and it shows on a daily basis. For example, one day recently, one of the VPS randomly offered to buy me breakfast from the cafe without any rhyme or reason. 2) My coworkers are, overall, enjoyable people to work with. They are generally very friendly, hard-working, and down to earth. Like many, I've made friends since working here: -Flexibility. As long as you're doing your job, you can work from home and take as much time as you need for paid time off. -Culture. When I tell friends and family the events that WW does, they're pretty amazed. Casual dress, Taco Tuesday, catered breakfast every day, open bars, top notch Halloween and Holiday Parties, catered lunch at the end of the month, and on and on. For me, even having an office Kurig with a dozen flavors is not insignificant when you up the cost of coffee everyday. -Customer Success. It's encouraging working for an organization that also cares about its customers. I don't know of any other company that calls and emails its customers to ask how they are doing with their account, and most of WW's vendors appreciate that. People often think that our team listens to vendors yell at them all day, but that's not the case. Most of our interactions with vendors are either positive or neutral, and I think it shows by the daily stream of vendor love that is shared throughout the organization. It should also be said that Customer Success gets perks that are available to Sales even though it does't carry sales quota - monthly bonuses, sales trips, dinners, and meals on the company tab. The Director and VP of Customer Success are both highly competent and always seem to have the team's best interests in mind. -Executive Team/Senior Management. They know me and many others at WW by name. They appear to be in touch with the rest of the organization, and most recently, the top and HR are showing that they are clearly listening to their employees' main concerns, which is heartening and a contrast to other businesses who are completely indifferent.

Cons

There aren't many negatives, but no organization is perfect, especially one that has scaled to WW's size over a short period of time. -Career Growth. There are some legitimate concerns here, but with some very big caveats. The other reviews who make critiques about career growth fail to add important context. First, some of those who I've spoken with first hand who felt there weren't enough career opportunities for them 1) weren't top performers on our team or 2) hadn't been at WeddingWire long enough to be able to lay the ground work for a career path. The reality is that building a career is a long term process that doesn't happen overnight. By and large, hard work and talent is awarded with opportunities for promotion. -Junior Managers. While there are some excellent more junior managers on the third floor, there are also those whose skill set and judgment I think there is good reason to question. -Lastly, call me an apologist for WeddingWire all that you'd like, but some of criticisms I've seen or read reek of entitlement. For example, complaints about the free catered breakfast or lunch or a review that lamented that their team trip to a tropical island was "downgraded" to a major metropolitan city with great nightlife - give me a break. The reality is that - across the board, not just at WW -millennials aren't sticking around many companies for very long (hence, the high turnover criticism). Long story short: there is little loyalty but a big sense of entitlement. I say that as a millennial myself.

WeddingWire2017-06-21

WeddingWire Response

June 21, 2017VP, Customer Experience

This review makes me smile for many reasons but above all I’m impressed with how you thoughtfully share your experiences with WeddingWire, our customers, and our team. It’s a rare pleasure to work among great colleagues while also serving great customers and I appreciate how this comes through in the review. You also highlight two of our highest priority developmental areas—career development and leadership effectiveness. We’ve already launched initiatives to improve on each of these but the work is just beginning. You can hold me and the rest of the leadership team accountable for maintaining momentum and keeping you informed. Again, thank you for your feedback but also for being one of the reasons WeddingWire is such a unique company and culture. I certainly hope I was the VP who picked up breakfast that day in the Café, but whoever it was simply reflected our shared values. Your comments are a great reminder that culture may be explained by core values, but it’s lived in even our smallest actions.

Continue reading
  3. "Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

A continuously fast growing company with values and management styles that attract the young professional demographic. Institutes a “work hard, play hard” mentality. If you’re a good fit for the company, they have a position for you (even if that means creating a position). Very flexible with PTO and strives to maintain a positive and fun work environment. Vast opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Requires employees who are self-sufficient, goal oriented, self-motivated, and adapt quickly to a high stress environment. If you lack organizational skills, be very open to improvement!

WeddingWire2013-04-05

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews