WeddingWire Employee Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Updated 5 Mar 2020

3.8
WeddingWire CEO Timothy Chi (no image)
Timothy Chi
Pros
  • "unlimited PTO and they are very lenient with it as long as you are doing well(in 28 reviews)

• "Always receive credit when its due, fantastic work life balance with great perks and company culture(in 21 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "unlimited pto"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Incentives yet extremely stressful work environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

great incentives just for hitting daily metrics. Training was great! You didn't have to have any sales experience and you were well prepared by the time you hit the phones. Wonderful people Free breakfast every morning and free lunch the last 2 days of each month snack bar in the kitchen cute office space unlimited PTO and work from home opportunities

Cons

very stressful! burnt out very fast. high turnover. if you worked in saturated market it was hard to hit numbers. base was low, and percentage was low.

"Great place to start your career"

2.0

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO Free breakfast Ability to have a work/life balance

Cons

Unclear on career growth Getting promoted is extremely difficult Upper management provides zero transparency

"Not Bad.. Not Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Unlimited PTO -Free catered breakfast every day and two free lunches at the end of the month

Cons

-Cliquey colleagues -No growth opportunity

4. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, postive and flexible. Work hard play hard. Hit your numbers and take advantage of unlimited pto. Free healthcare.

Cons

Turnover which is with any sales job. Longevity.

August 1, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are lucky to have you as a part of the WeddingWire Team!

"Will only get hired if you were in a sorority"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company wide events are fun - Team bonding events are usually fun if your team isn’t a huge click - Easiest job you will ever do - Overall a good product, but hard to sell

Cons

- Poor leadership team, which should be assumed when a wedding company is run by all men. They disillusion their employees with “perks.” Personally, I would take career opportunities and the chance to be more involved in strategic initiatives over “perks” any day. That’s just me though. - Seeing as they only hire kids out of college that have a panhel association, the culture is toxic and immature (in sales specifically) - Unlimited PTO is a ruse. Your manager may or may not let you take off certain days (or make you cancel your trip/work during your trip to hit goal). If you aren’t at goal before your trip, you will be guilted relentlessly up to it. There is no flexibility here. - Managers are cheerleaders, not mentors - Executive team is elitist and condescending towards intelligent, hardworking employees who could help grow their business

Continue reading

"Amazing first job, but could be better in ways"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hot catered breakfast every morning, catered lunches regularly, and decent giveaways for hitting numbers. Company events. Unlimited PTO was realistic if you hit numbers.

Cons

Very "high school". Unfortunately, the people that work there have not grown up from their high school or college days and tend to surround themselves with people that have not either. Clique, gossipy, and materialistic. It is easy to get caught up in it, but in retrospect, it was healthy to get away from the petty behavior and talking behind the back of team members. There are more important things in life than drinking, parties, and material items. Pick up a hobby, invest in yourself and relationships that are actually healthy. It's time to grow up.

March 8, 2018Senior Director, Sales

We appreciate the time you took to share your perspective. I am disappointed to hear that your experience on our team is as you describe it. It is very important to me and our leaders that our employees are supportive and inclusive but most of all, professional. While we do our best to promote and encourage a fun, unique workplace environment, we are proud of and expect one of hard work, performance and respect. Receiving feedback like yours is essential so that we can continue making WeddingWire a great place to work. Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback.

"Fun while it lasts"

Current Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

- majority of coworkers are amazing and genuinely nice people - fun product to sell - flexibility to work from home sometimes - decent benefits - fun parties

Cons

- STRESS - "unlimited" PTO is not a benefit because the sales quotas are ridiculously high and people are afraid to take time off for fear of not hitting goal - Quotas keep increasing even though last year our quotas were lowered significantly because renewal assistance was taken away; so now what's the justification for the increase? (if the answer is price increase, that is no justification because we have to discount significantly to make sales which then forces us to make more sales to be successful) - meetings that are a waste of time - management that isn't clued in; I no longer feel comfortable having my manager call a vendor because they're not comfortable selling or how to position the questions correctly - instituting a performance plan just a short time prior to quota increase - having reps pay for staffing issues (quotas going up across the board when we are understaffed)

March 5, 2018Senior Director, Sales

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. As you referenced, you know first hand as a current employee that we collect feedback regularly from various channels, take everything we hear very seriously and do our best to make adjustments. We recognize there has been change with quota structure on our Sales team over the past year. WeddingWire has been in a phase of high growth and with that comes change and challenges but also excitement and opportunity for global growth and success. As we work to scale as seamlessly as possible, we know it isn’t a perfect process. Nevertheless, we remain focused as our continued global expansion will not only benefit the vendors that we sell to and the consumers they serve but also our nearly 1,000 employees across the world. It is clear that you’re feeling these challenges personally and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. If you prefer, you’re welcome to speak directly with our Sales Team HR Business Partner or any other sales leader you’re comfortable with. Thank you, again, for taking the time to share your perspective.

"Account Executive- Remote"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

-unlimited PTO and they are very lenient with it as long as you are doing well -FANTASTIC management (no micro managing) -Great remote lifestyle: Working from home, fun incentives for remote employees, you feel like a team even if you are not in the office -You are rewarded for your work: through pay and pat on the backs -Fun incentives to keep you motivated (money and sales trips) -they fly you out to DC twice a year to see everyone -Continual Education -You get to meet and know the CEO, CMO, VPs -ALWAYS trying to better themselves through surveys and new programs -Work/life balance is fantastic!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot really think of any. Sometimes being remote can get a little lonely but they do their best to make you feel included in everything

February 15, 2018Senior Director, Sales

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback on your experience working on our Sales Team. We agree with the reasons you pointed out on how we promote a positive and unique employee experience and why WeddingWire is a Great Place to Work. . We are glad you are here and a part of WeddingWire!

9. "Truly wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

WeddingWire is a wonderful place to work. The people are amazing - some of the brightest and hardest working people I've met, our product is truly the best in the industry and our Executive team is super transparent and down to earth. The culture is great - we have so many perks (unlimited PTO, catered breakfast, free lunches, team and company-wide events.) I'm grateful every day to be here!

Cons

Sales is not for everyone - and if you aren't willing to work hard and have tough skin, sales is probably not the best fit for you. WeddingWire's biggest problem is that it is so easy to fall in love with the culture and the people, but not everyone is able to put in the work needed every day. We've had some turnover and I think people that ended up not being a good fit for the sales team took it a lot harder than they would at a less amazing company/ work atmosphere.

February 15, 2018Senior Director, Sales

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this candid feedback with us! We appreciate you giving us the thumbs up on our product, transparent Executive team, and award-winning company culture. You are right, sales isn’t for everyone, but hard work goes a long way and can mean big success. We are lucky to have top talent - including you! Thanks for being a part of the team and for helping us to be the best tech company in DC!

10. "Experience varies by department"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The reason that there are so many reviews here all over the rating spectrum is that your experience at WeddingWire will vary wildly depending on your department, your team, and your specific role. Some departments or teams are cliquey, others are not at all. Some teams may side-eye you for taking vacation time, but others will happily let you use your unlimited PTO to your heart's content. (Seriously!) There's so much variation, so unless a review is about your prospective department, it's pretty much meaningless. Here are some pros: - Friendly and engaged executives - Management who believes in transparency and allows you to submit tough questions anonymously, which are later answered publicly (at least for the Product department) - Free breakfast every day - 2 free lunches per month - Smart coworkers who are also friendly and helpful - Casual, laid-back atmosphere - Environment that's welcoming of and celebrates new parents - Some people can work remotely

Cons

- The sales department seems to have a high-pressure environment and high turnover. Make sure you enjoy sales / cold-calling before accepting an offer for a sales role. - Some talented people have been leaving due to recent changes, and even though they'll be replaced, it still places a damper on morale. - The changes mentioned above, which some people disagree with. - The 401k match is tiny, the smallest I've ever experienced at a company.

January 15, 2018VP Engineering

It means a lot that you’ve shared your feedback. As a current employee, you know (and pointed out) that we value all types of feedback and appreciate the opportunity to understand and adjust course accordingly. While often hard, change can also be exciting. The change that we’re experiencing in this growth phase of WeddingWire isn’t easy, but we believe it will set us up for incredible success as we continue our global expansion. I couldn’t agree more with the pros that you’ve listed; we pride ourselves on the engagement of our executives, the flexibility provided to ensure the balance of work and life, and most importantly our great people and teamwork. As you’ve probably heard me say before, the people are what brought me to WeddingWire. After a little less than a year, the people here and their dedication to being the best team they can is still what I find most exciting and rewarding. Thank you, again, for sharing your thoughts. If at any point, you’d like to discuss your experience with me in person, I welcome the opportunity to discuss further.

Found 36 reviews