WeddingWire Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 12 Aug 2019

3.8
WeddingWire CEO Timothy Chi (no image)
Timothy Chi
Pros
  • "unlimited PTO and they are very lenient with it as long as you are doing well(in 28 reviews)

• "Always receive credit when its due, fantastic work life balance with great perks and company culture(in 21 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at WeddingWire for less than a year

Pros

Fun loving environment Work life balance

Cons

Monotonous work and too much pressure

"Great place to start your career"

2.0

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO Free breakfast Ability to have a work/life balance

Cons

Unclear on career growth Getting promoted is extremely difficult Upper management provides zero transparency

3. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly quick opportunities for advancement for high pay, very challenging yet rewarding. Always receive credit when its due, fantastic work life balance with great perks and company culture. Fantastic people who become your family inside and outside of the office.

Cons

Unstable at times with a lot of change always going on, which can actually be a good thing at points since it does often open up positions. Kind of difficult to go into management at times as well, since positions open up in waves that are hard to anticipate, but sometimes not for long stretches. Maintains a start up feel which is good in some ways, but also maintains a feeling that anything can change at any time. Really just depends on what your looking for to determine whether or not any of this is bad, but upper management is fair in setting expectations that they can't give you guarantees for something that isn't set in stone.

February 8, 2019Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience. We agree that the culture and people make WeddingWire a great place to work. Good luck with your next adventure!

4. "Loved it here for more than 3 years now"

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

- great company culture, People really care about everybody's well-being and happiness - work/life balance - high input into work and results - flexibility

Cons

- communication can get lost sometimes which can be frustrating when working on big projects

May 25, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

We agree that our company culture, including the work life balance and flexible schedule, is one of the best things about working at WeddingWire! Thank you for being a part of the WeddingWire Team!

5. "Love it"

4.0

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

amazing people, amazing culture great work life balance

Cons

Lack of transparency Confused management

May 17, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you for being one of our amazing employees and contributing to WeddingWire's culture!

"Account Executive- Remote"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

-unlimited PTO and they are very lenient with it as long as you are doing well -FANTASTIC management (no micro managing) -Great remote lifestyle: Working from home, fun incentives for remote employees, you feel like a team even if you are not in the office -You are rewarded for your work: through pay and pat on the backs -Fun incentives to keep you motivated (money and sales trips) -they fly you out to DC twice a year to see everyone -Continual Education -You get to meet and know the CEO, CMO, VPs -ALWAYS trying to better themselves through surveys and new programs -Work/life balance is fantastic!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot really think of any. Sometimes being remote can get a little lonely but they do their best to make you feel included in everything

February 15, 2018Senior Director, Sales

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback on your experience working on our Sales Team. We agree with the reasons you pointed out on how we promote a positive and unique employee experience and why WeddingWire is a Great Place to Work. . We are glad you are here and a part of WeddingWire!

7. "Fine place to start a career, not a great place to grow"

I worked at WeddingWire full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The benefits are tailored to a young, recent college graduate crowd - Good work/life balance--rarely have to work beyond core hours - Great training for the sales team - Fun company events, lots of thought goes into creating a fun and engaging atmosphere for employees - Work with a lot of smart young people - C-Suite is has a solid vision and seems very aligned

Cons

- Pay is way below market rate - Extreme favoritism based on when you started - Very clique-y social scene - Limited opportunities for growth, raises, or promotion--these were extremely rare on the marketing team, and it wasn't clear how these decisions were made - Almost no face time with management, limited mentorship, few opportunities for professional development - Almost exclusively male executive team in a majority female industry - Culture and values seem pretty superficial and slapped together, as opposed to actual things people care about and strive to exhibit - Morale and motivation seem to vary widely between teams Overall, not a bad place to start a career (especially if you're still figuring out what you want to do), but you'd be doing yourself a disservice by staying longer than a couple of years. You'll make more money and have a more rewarding professional experience elsewhere.

January 3, 2018Manager, Culture and Experience

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. We take all feedback very seriously and do our best to ensure that all employees see their experience here as a rewarding, fulfilling opportunity to grow and learn. Our leadership team keeps their finger directly on the pulse of all feedback that comes through internal and external channels and our CMO, Sonny Ganguly, wanted to speak to some of your thoughts directly. His note to us is copy/pasted here: “Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience on our team. I am disappointed that you didn’t feel WeddingWire was the place for you to grow but I, along with the entire leadership team are grateful that you shared your view with us. WeddingWire has been in a high-growth phase which certainly doesn’t come without its challenges. Earlier in 2017, we launched the Voice of the WeddingWire Employee survey which has provided us with regular, invaluable, actionable feedback. We have seen great success throughout the year, specifically with the marketing team engagement score increasing nearly 10 percent within 6 months. In addition, we have launched a new Marketing Advancement Plan that showcases all the roles within our Org, along with Individual Development Plans for employees to build a clear path for career growth. That said, our work is not done. We’re constantly looking at how to effectively scale and meet our teams where they are while maintaining our award-winning culture. It is feedback like yours that will continue to help us focus on cultivating incredible talent. Thank you, again, and best of luck to you in your future endeavors.” (Sonny Ganguly, CMO, WeddingWire) Thank you, again, for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to share it with us.

8. "Great Company"

I worked at WeddingWire full-time

Pros

Work Life balance Team WOrk Forward Thinking

Cons

Nothing- Great company to work with

October 16, 2017Manager, Culture and Experience

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Work life balance is very important to us and we are glad we hit the mark here!

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

WeddingWire treats their employees the way they would like to be treated- fairly. I have never worked for a company (and I'm 31 so I have worked for a lot) that cares this much about their employees. Yes I'm in sales, yes sales is hard, yes sales can be stressful, but my success and my ability to do well in this position falls on MY shoulders. WeddingWire does everything they can on their end to support me and I can't imagine working anywhere else. They allow me to have an amazing work/life balance and have given me many opportunities to grow.

Cons

Nothing except the general (and minimal) stress that comes with the territory of being in sales!

September 8, 2017Manager, Culture and Experience

We completely agree! We pride ourselves on being a company that encourages the "work hard, play hard" mentality and we are happy that you feel that way as well. You are right, sales isn't for everyone but we strive to be the type of company that gives their employees the support and tools to be successful (and to thrive) in this type of role. We are lucky to have you as part of the WeddingWire Team.

10. "Amazing Company, Amazing Culture"

I have been working at WeddingWire full-time for less than a year

Pros

WeddingWire is a company where you feel like part of a bigger purpose. Everyone is working for the same cause and the culture is one of positivity, support, and constant growth. At WeddingWire they preach work life balance and their actions support that 100%. I feel like I am part of a family where everyone wants to be successful and help others achieve success.

Cons

If you are in a sales role, there is a goal you must hit every month. This is not the position for everyone, but it is motivating and challenging!

October 16, 2017Manager, Culture and Experience

We agree, WeddingWire is a great place to work! Thanks for being a part of this team and our incredible Company Culture.

Found 21 reviews