Wells Fargo Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 24 Jun 2020

3.6
Wells Fargo CEO Charlie Scharf
Charlie Scharf
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Bankruptcy Specialist"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Helpful training and very sociable.

Cons

Disconnect between upper management and employees.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to work n grow"

5.0
    Former Employee - Personal Banker II in Centennial, CO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great colleagues And team members

Cons

Upper management too young to lead

3. "Good atmosphere"

5.0
    Current Employee - Banker

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Set hours, great benefits, work culture

Cons

Management, inconsistent direction from upper management

4. "Solid Company - Good Culture"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The teams I've worked with have been some of the best in the business. There is always room for advancement somewhere in the bank

Cons

Compensation for promotions internally isn't great. You're better off coming from the outside if you want market pay. Upper management has periodically let us down since 2016

5. "Good starting point"

Former Employee - Lead Teller in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

fast paced, great experience, room for growth

Cons

upper management, still having underlying goals

6. "Good for a certain type of people"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy to be a cog in the system and just a number if that is what you are into Low profile, good job security Steady payment and reasonable tech training. If you push yourself you can learn a lot.

Cons

Upper management may not understand developers day to day life very well Salary raises are very conservative

7. COVID-19

"My Team is Great ..."

Current Employee - Senior Content Strategist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- My immediate team is great. Some typical dysfunction, but for the most part, 5 stars for my team. - Work/life balance is excellent - laptops are closed by 5pm at the latest (only rarely are there extraordinary needs that require after hours work) - Incredibly diverse team, lots of women in leadership roles (at our level, anyway, not so much 'upstairs')

Cons

- Upper management is still resistant to approving full-time Work From Home, even with Covid-19 and a CEO who is remote from NY. Some folks are not being approved for FT WFH, even for jobs that have been done remotely for years now. - Conflict-avoidant culture... As reported in the press, serious problems and bad behavior still not directly addressed and allowed to go on for too long. - Old, institutionalized, dinosaur mentality (mostly 'upstairs') and fear of change. Lots of old white guys in charge, so... yeah. - Under-performers and folks who just won't do their jobs can easily hide, the org is so large. And because conflict avoidant, these problem folks are never dealt with. - Salaries are below market for design jobs. Raises don't keep up with inflation. - The process to get any little thing done is arduous and time intensive. There are so many groups and systems involved, it's redonkulous.

8. "Working @ Wells"

Former Employee - Client Associate in Syracuse, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

You start with about 20 days PTO. And you can get paid for time spent volunteering.

Cons

Upper management did not protect employees from harassment.

9. "Rebuilding company image"

Former Employee - Personal Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, pay slightly above average, no sales goals

Cons

Having to do damage control in light of recent indiscretions, often times upper management prevents you from moving up unless you're well known within your district

10. "Used to be a nice place, but..."

Former Employee - Operations Processor

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I first started: -Flexible hours (could work 9-5, or work a 4-10 schedule) -Managers expected results but treated us like human beings -Work culture was fairly balanced -Managers were transparent in departments goals and expectations, which made it easier for us to work and obtain (we consistently met 97% SLA monthly all over the country). -Entry level pay was fairly competitive When I left: -Team came together, but it was due to us relying on each other to get through the day.

Cons

By the time I left: -They laid off our sister site with little warning, despite our departments doing very well -They strung contractors along for well over two years before they got frustrated and left; they were dedicated and reliable workers, and new contractors were a mixed bag. -In my last year, we changed over multiple managers; I believe our immediate manager tried to shield us from a lot of things, but upper management pressed hard, which trickled down to the Processors -Micro-managing. We were only allowed seven minutes the entire day to use the restroom. As the bathrooms were on the other side of the floor, one visit took 3 1/2 minutes, running. -Work environment became toxic, and by the time I left, the turnover rate had been rising. -Managers no longer were transparent; goals changed frequently without warning, and upper management became obviously disdainful of the Processors when we didn't meet 100% SLA (our team worked with appraisers all over the country, and most of the time if a report didn't come in on time, it meant the appraiser had trouble or just didn't bother doing the report). As my former coworkers told me, my department no longer exists as it used to.

Found 575 reviews