Wesser Employee Reviews about "fundraisers"

Updated 16 Apr 2018

3.3
Wesser Managing Director Martin Wesser (no image)
Martin Wesser
Pros
  • "Expectations in terms of output for fundraisers is high but the pay/rewards reflect this(in 7 reviews)

• "It's a really social role and the company organise lots of events outside of work so you're always meeting new people(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Having said that, my team leader was great at offering training and advice when asked or needed which was really helpful(in 7 reviews)

• "It gets tiring having to walk from door to door at some point(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fundraisers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "10/10 fundraising company"

Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser

I have been working at Wesser part-time for less than a year

Pros

Perfect for students! Live in role which covers all costs but food! Supportive and caring team leaders! Ambassador role for uni students! Seminars are great for learning more about the company and how to excel! Best fundraising company I have worked for! Exceptional pay!

Cons

Can be a difficult job, however supportive team leaders help to improve you to excel! Those who can do the job go far as well!

"Supporting great causes and rewarded for a job well done."

Current Employee - Direct Fundraiser in Manchester, England

I have been working at Wesser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expectations in terms of output for fundraisers is high but the pay/rewards reflect this. Free team accommodation is amazing as it helps you save for Uni and holidays.

Cons

Can be a tough job if you are not naturally a good communicator. Couple of other team members initially needed a lot of support to get into the swing of getting positive responses on the doors.

Continue reading

3. "Good entry to charity sector!"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wesser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning experience if you are interesting getting into the charity sector. Pay is ok but not groundbreaking. Most fundraisers earn around £1500 per month. Accommodation provided is ok. Mainly family type homes that are rented near the fundraising area.

Cons

Occasionally worked beyond the advertised 35 hour week due to travelling. Training is quite intense so you really have to be on the ball when starting in the job.

Continue reading

"Best Fundraising Company Out!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Wesser full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the way the company has evolved in the last few years regarding really looking after the workforce. Monthly pay and cracking weekly bonus structure gives a real incentive to achieve as much as possible. Houses I have lived in are really nice and pretty cool competitions this year for fundraisers to travel across Europe is exciting! Anyone that is thinking of working here, give it a go, majority of negative reviews seem to come from people who have left for one reason or another and are wanting to give the company a bad name when all they do is support you during your time with them. Even the money I spent going down for my initial training days were reimbursed back to me which was a massive bonus!

Cons

When the time comes and you move to another house, it can be a bit sad leaving for a new team.

"There must be a catch... and there is."

Door to Door Fundraiser in London, England

I have been working at Wesser

Pros

The free accommodation. My accommodation was fantastic and I was lucky enough to be in a house with Sky & Broadband. The fund-raising itself is very ethical in the sense that it is not pushy and all of the fundraising costs are covered by gift aid over the course of an average donation. If you are good at door to door fund-raising you can make a lot of money from it! There are also opportunities to go abroad with the company if you rank in their top 10 fund raisers for the month.

Cons

Throughout the entire application and interview stage I was thinking that there must be a catch as it all sounded too good to be true.. and yes there are a few things that aren't made clear to you until you actually start the job. Firstly it is advertised as 35 hours a week - 7 hours a day across 5 days right? Nope. Hours are actually worked out based on how many doors you knock on... 30 doors knocked = 1 hours pay. An average day entails meeting downstairs at 10.30 for training before leaving the house at 11.30 and not getting back till 9.00-9.30ish. You can't be paid for more than 35 hours a week either. Secondly I was explicitly told that weekends would be my own to do with as I wish... this is only true if you get 15 sign ups (people to agree to a direct debit donation) by Friday. If you don't get them you have to work Saturday & Sunday as well.. it is not uncommon to work 14+ days in a row. Thirdly there is a lot of job in-security, you are only as good as your last week of work.. You have to get 15 sign ups totalling £1050 in donations every week. If you do not manage to hit this target for 2 consecutive weeks then you will be asked to leave the company. If you do get through the interview stage you will be told to attend a training day and bring £100 to see you through to your first pay day, I would advise bringing more than that as there are expenses.. e.g. you do have to pay for your own petrol which is £10 a week, and the first pay day could potentially be 8 weeks away! Not everyone was as lucky with the accommodation as I was. Some of the other accommodations have shared bedrooms (which would be a definite deal breaker for me) There is no guarantee as to where you will be placed, so it is really pot luck whether you get a nice accommodation or not! Staff turnover in this job is huge. There is the opportunity to be a company driver and you get paid an extra £25 - £50 more each week (depending on how many sign ups you get) - I would strongly advise waiting a week or two before taking this responsibility on. As it does mean you have to run people around and work even longer hours than you already are (particularly if you are in the middle of nowhere and people need picking up/dropping off from train stations or taking to the supermarket). In my opinion it wasn't worth the extra weekly money.

"Fun summer job"

Current Employee - Charity Fundraiser in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at Wesser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good laugh living in team of other fundraisers. Incentives were top notch. Seminar events were good for meeting other teams. Couple of mega team nights out.

Cons

Door to door work on occasion got tiring. Tendency to end up working a little more than the advertised 35 hours per week but results were usually worth the effort.

Continue reading

"Most amazing company you could ever work for!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Letchworth, England

I have been working at Wesser full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company ethos is 'well taken care of', this is so much more than just a catchy slogan. This company really does this. I have worked for many companies and this one is by far the best. Obviously fundraising isn't for everyone and it's a shame that our many successful fundraisers don't seem to have the time to comment but where else are you treated so well? I'm not going to pretend that I'm not an employee but my advice is don't listen to those who can't do the job. Keep an open mind and see for yourself! You will love it :)

Cons

The only con I can think of is that if this ever came to an end, how would I ever find something better or even as good?

Viewing 1 - 6 of 7 English Reviews